ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Interesting to hear the s21 comments. What a fantastic phone that is. Mkbhd still uses one as his android phone. Mental.

I would say s21 to s22 was a bigger jump that s22 to s23, ultra of course.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting to hear the s21 comments. What a fantastic phone that is. Mkbhd still uses one as his android phone. Mental.

I would say s21 to s22 was a bigger jump that s22 to s23, ultra of course.
Do you mean S20 to S21?

My s20u was OK but definitely wasn't what a flagship should of been. The current 21U is far better in every way. Wasn't a fan of the more note like styling that the 22U got but hoping the step to the S23 will be worthwhile when it's released

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Do you mean S20 to S21?

My s20u was OK but definitely wasn't what a flagship should of been. The current 21U is far better in every way. Wasn't a fan of the more note like styling that the 22U got but hoping the step to the S23 will be worthwhile when it's released
The s23u looks exactly like an s22u if you've seen the shots. The s20 to 21 was a massive jump also because the s20 was a bit s**t.

The jump from 21u to 22 is a decent step. S pen screen etc. Zoom cameras are ever improved. I see the s23 as more of an interation personally.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
The s23u looks exactly like an s22u if you've seen the shots. The s20 to 21 was a massive jump also because the s20 was a bit s**t.

The jump from 21u to 22 is a decent step. S pen screen etc. Zoom cameras are ever improved. I see the s23 as more of an interation personally.
21 to 23 should be a good step up then

Not rewlly looked at any leaked stuff for it tbf, just seen Feb 1st as a rumoured announce

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'm beginning to suspect all is not well with my battery 😂
Screenshot_20230108-145406_Device care.jpg

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Right chaps, I think a new phone is on the horizon.

Ive got an S20 Note Ultra 5G and, its been great. I wasnt sure id get on with the size at first (its pretty large) but its been really good.

The battery though, jesus wept, its annoying the s**t out of me. Fully charged in the morning, fair but not excessive usage throughout the day, and its basically dead by 5pm. Its driving me nuts.

I like the S-Pen, but its not 100% necessary.

Worth waiting for the next Note to come out or are there many other options?

I usually just wait for the newest Samsung and buy that but im open to suggestions. The wifes iPhone is looking appealing but im unsure how id get on with the jump to apple after many moons of android...

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Better half really rates her 14 pro, Inc the battery. Pro max, that battery is supposed to be even better?.
yeah, the wife is really pleased with her iPhone (god knows which one it is).

Battery life is important to me as I use it a lot for work. Needs to be able to dual sim (although E-Sim looks decent). I liked having the pen but I never used it as much as I should have.

The only thing about iPhone is that ive just spent over £200 on an MMI box for my car to specifically have Android Auto when I could have had Carplay coded in for £50 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

The new S23 Ultra, front screen slightly changed, little more STBR.

Nice looking device. I did chuckle at the language used. “Perfect Design (“but…”). So not perfect then.

I’m still calling out this protruding camera lens design. On all phones btw. Not just this one. It’s a total dogs dick of a design. Flush FTW.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Right chaps, I think a new phone is on the horizon.

Ive got an S20 Note Ultra 5G and, its been great. I wasnt sure id get on with the size at first (its pretty large) but its been really good.

The battery though, jesus wept, its annoying the s**t out of me. Fully charged in the morning, fair but not excessive usage throughout the day, and its basically dead by 5pm. Its driving me nuts.

I like the S-Pen, but its not 100% necessary.

Worth waiting for the next Note to come out or are there many other options?

I usually just wait for the newest Samsung and buy that but im open to suggestions. The wifes iPhone is looking appealing but im unsure how id get on with the jump to apple after many moons of android...
The new "note" is the s22 ultra and the s23 ultra out in Feb. Check my recent pictures to see s22u examples.

You will pick up a bargain s22u in February. In fairness... A trade in deal with Samsung with a note 20 ultra will offer like £400 quid off. Trade ins are insane.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nice looking device. I did chuckle at the language used. “Perfect Design (“but…”). So not perfect then.

I’m still calling out this protruding camera lens design. On all phones btw. Not just this one. It’s a total dogs dick of a design. Flush FTW.
Flush equals thick though. Back to iPhone 7 days maybe? Go compare my shots to something with a flush camera.

I don't even think ice speaks English I think he uses translate! 😂

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Funnily enough I got a 14 Pro a couple of weeks ago and not that impressed with the battery. It holds well (like overnight for instance) but during usage it's not far off my 89% iPhone X batttery.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Flush equals thick though. Back to iPhone 7 days maybe? Go compare my shots to something with a flush camera.

I don't even think ice speaks English I think he uses translate! 😂

It does equal thick(er), yes. Back to iPhone 4 days. The pinnacle of iPhone design, for me. I’m nitpicking. I’ve never liked the protruding lens. Since the dawn of time. Still buy the phones though, so clearly not that big an issue 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It does equal thick(er), yes. Back to iPhone 4 days. The pinnacle of iPhone design, for me. I’m nitpicking. I’ve never liked the protruding lens. Since the dawn of time. Still buy the phones though, so clearly not that big an issue 🤷🏻‍♂️
It wasn't a jibe. iPhone 13/14/15 will all be iPhone 4 clones. The design language is the same but better. They are uncomfortable but incredible pieces of tech.

Give me a green one please.

Although I'll stick to my weird, 'choose where your app goes' Samsung for now.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Those that have jumped from android to iphones - thoughts?

Im tempted. Im less nerdy than I used to be with phones, so the android flexibility isnt that important to me. The Note I have has DeX (like a mini computer OS so you can plug your phone into a monitor and use it as a computer), and ive used it literally once. Everything else I own is windows though which concerns me slightly.

Bahh, I dunno. I like my android stuff but I do see the large appeal of an apple product for a 'it just works, and well' side of things.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Absolutely no issues for me, but then I don't get hung up or even understand some of the stuff some people hate about either lol. Bloatiness, huh.

Iphone feels a premium phone and retains it's value. I bought and then sold a 13 Pro and on my second choices of android phone. Maybe should have kept the 13 but will see how the pixel gets on.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Got a 14 pro as an upgrade to my 12 pro today. I wouldn't have upgraded but work pay for my phone so I felt like I was missing out if I didn't. Plus I get to sell the old one and make some cash.

The 12 pro is nicer aesthetically because the 14 pro camera bump is ridiculous. The screen is much nicer on the 14 though, the dynamic island thing really makes the screen feel a lot bigger. It's also way brighter. Just doing the icloud restore dance now before I have a proper play about.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Those that have jumped from android to iphones - thoughts?

Im tempted. Im less nerdy than I used to be with phones, so the android flexibility isnt that important to me. The Note I have has DeX (like a mini computer OS so you can plug your phone into a monitor and use it as a computer), and ive used it literally once. Everything else I own is windows though which concerns me slightly.

Bahh, I dunno. I like my android stuff but I do see the large appeal of an apple product for a 'it just works, and well' side of things.
The iPhones are amazing pieces of tech. Video is incredible still. Photos are great maybe lacking a tad depth of colour and hdr in highlights but not picking now.

If you've got a windows life then you aren't gaining anything. A MacBook then yeah the eco system is unmatched. I mean latest os has copy and paste from one item to another. That's genuinely incredible software work to get the eco system talking like that.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
After never owning an iPhone I got so pissed off with how bad my s20 plus was that a made the jump to a 13 pro max, and I absolutely love it, like you im not nerdy about stuff now and it just works, the battery is great and so is the camera. Can’t see myself going back now

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The iPhones are amazing pieces of tech. Video is incredible still. Photos are great maybe lacking a tad depth of colour and hdr in highlights but not picking now.

If you've got a windows life then you aren't gaining anything. A MacBook then yeah the eco system is unmatched. I mean latest os has copy and paste from one item to another. That's genuinely incredible software work to get the eco system talking like that.
iPhone’s have moved miles past needing a computer. There is no ‘ecosystem’ any more. I own a MacBook, my iPhone hasn’t been anywhere near it for two generations at least.

Even the way you now change from one phone to another.. literally turn the new phone on near the old one and off it goes.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
iPhone’s have moved miles past needing a computer. There is no ‘ecosystem’ any more. I own a MacBook, my iPhone hasn’t been anywhere near it for two generations at least.

Even the way you now change from one phone to another.. literally turn the new phone on near the old one and off it goes.
I'm not sure your point @Rob unless you missed mine.

What do you mean no eco system and it hasn't been near? You mean you don't need a laptop anymore? That's user dependent not phone dependent.

A £200 one plus 7 pro could do the same as a new iPhone if you only do phone stuff.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You don’t need other apple products but if you own a mac, ipad and watch alongside your iPhone they all work together seamlessly without any extra effort.

Photos available across all devices in their native apps, shared tabs, copy/paste, phone calls, messages etc. You can achieve most if not all with any phone and the right apps but the fact it all works out of the box with the built in OS makes it incredibly simple for anyone to use.

I‘m still fully bought in to the apple ecosystem, I never consider anything else now as it all just works. When I ever have to use anything else I get frustrated, I think it’s the not liking change as I get old sort of thing 😂

Re phones. really liking my 14 pro. Screen is really nice to use, dynamic island really gives the illusion of more real estate. Cameras are a big step up too, much improved low light performance and the macro mode is excellent. I like the always on screen, but let’s see how it affects battery life before deciding if I stick with it or not.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm not sure your point @Rob unless you missed mine.

What do you mean no eco system and it hasn't been near? You mean you don't need a laptop anymore? That's user dependent not phone dependent.

A £200 one plus 7 pro could do the same as a new iPhone if you only do phone stuff.
Sorry, what I meant is that previously if you had other iOS devices the iPhone experience was even better, but these days the iPhone is as capable just standing alone. It runs nicely with OneDrive etc so accessing files across multiple devices is fine, even if they’re windows.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry, what I meant is that previously if you had other iOS devices the iPhone experience was even better, but these days the iPhone is as capable just standing alone. It runs nicely with OneDrive etc so accessing files across multiple devices is fine, even if they’re windows.
Ah indeed. I don't use any apple things on my iPad they are all Google based and Microsoft based.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I like to use the Apple apps exclusively, just to piss my mates off when I send them a pages file 🤷🏻‍♂️