ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I've had a Spigen one, it's not magnetic though but believe they do magnetic ones.
Ive had Spigen ones for eternity now. Theyre great but they dont really do the whole magnet+mount combo. Id ideally like an all in one as they tend to work better.
Quadlock is ace, seen motorbikes crash and still have the phones mounted via a quadlock perfectly, worth the money I think.
Quadlock do look great. However, upon reading reviews, the Mous cases are actuallly better. If I rode, it would be quadlock for sure. But as its just for the car, I think id rather have the benefit of a stronger case

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I had a mous for my old iPhone.

I felt it made it feel way to bigger than it actually was.

Do they do Mous boxer shorts?..

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Anyone who's pre-ordered the S23 via Samsung's own finance options... When does it let you change the length of the term? It's telling me 36 months all the way through until the very last step before actually hitting the order button.

Am I doing something wrong or does it give the option to select 12/24 months after that point? Cba taking it over 36 months but will if I have to and just pay it off early. It's 0% either way.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Anyone who's pre-ordered the S23 via Samsung's own finance options... When does it let you change the length of the term? It's telling me 36 months all the way through until the very last step before actually hitting the order button.

Am I doing something wrong or does it give the option to select 12/24 months after that point? Cba taking it over 36 months but will if I have to and just pay it off early. It's 0% either way.

Hi only just seen this.
On mine I had a sliding bar to adjust down to 24 months. Not sure if it allows to adjust slider without changing deposit amount though?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Quadlock is great to use in a mount on my bike but it's not nice to hold as the back is curved

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi only just seen this.
On mine I had a sliding bar to adjust down to 24 months. Not sure if it allows to adjust slider without changing deposit amount though?
Yeah, I've no idea wtf I was doing before but the options came up straight away for me this time, sorted!

512gb S23 Ultra in green pre-ordered. £110 upfront, £30pm for 24 months. Cheap SIM deal at £8pm. Not going to get better than that for a brand new phone!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yeah, I've no idea wtf I was doing before but the options came up straight away for me this time, sorted!

512gb S23 Ultra in green pre-ordered. £110 upfront, £30pm for 24 months. Cheap SIM deal at £8pm. Not going to get better than that for a brand new phone!

Nice one!
I really was tempted by the green but settled on Graphite just for the exclusive online side of it. They'll be ten a penny in graphite anyway I guess.

I have gone foe a 14pm deal with Vodafone for 40gb.

What you getting for 8pm?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice one!
I really was tempted by the green but settled on Graphite just for the exclusive online side of it. They'll be ten a penny in graphite anyway I guess.

I have gone foe a 14pm deal with Vodafone for 40gb.

What you getting for 8pm?
I was tempted by the Graphite for the fact it was an 'exclusive' colour too but I didn't like the fact it was just the rear of the phone that was graphite and the rest was black. Also the green just looked really cool in the youtube videos I watched!

That's pretty good, I'm getting 24gb on a 30 day rolling sim with Smarty. It's usually 12gb but they had a double data deal, so 24gb for first 15 months then it drops back. TBH, it was just a temporary measure to get away from Voda on my existing contract, but if the coverage etc is decent I'll probably stick with it for that money.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Very tempted for the S23 ultra also, with the 24months finance BUT, is this with Klarna ? Or is an Samsung in-house finance thing ?

P.S. Anyone knows if these can be repaid earlier without being penalized ?

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Very tempted for the S23 ultra also, with the 24months finance BUT, is this with Klarna ? Or is an Samsung in-house finance thing ?

It's direct through Samsung

Taken this from the credit agreement
Hope it helps

Screenshot_20230208_054940_Samsung Notes.jpg

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

The option I took used Glow finance or something like that. They offer straight up 0% finance (which is what I took) or this 'Samsung Flex' which is slightly different with lower payments and a larger final payment.

Oh, and no fee for repaying early. They also signed up the direct debit right away 😅
It's direct through Samsung

Taken this from the credit agreement
Hope it helps

View attachment 1630803
Was that the Flex option you took?

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
The option I took used Glow finance or something like that. They offer straight up 0% finance (which is what I took) or this 'Samsung Flex' which is slightly different with lower payments and a larger final payment.

Oh, and no fee for repaying early. They also signed up the direct debit right away 😅

Oh, sounds good then. I was just afraid after our 'Klarna expert' got stung.

Will chat with them to see if they are all dual sim and if so, bite the bullet.

Did you traded in anything ?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh, sounds good then. I was just afraid after our 'Klarna expert' got stung.

Will chat with them to see if they are all dual sim and if so, bite the bullet.

Did you traded in anything ?
Lol yeah looks like it's all above board with the finance 😂

I just assumed they would be dual SIM but looks like it varies by region. They have eSIM capability either way though so you could always switch one to that if you need the two.

Traded in my S21 Ultra. £410 trade in for the 256gb model

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

No mine wad not the flex option
Same as yours. They use a company called Glow Finance on behalf of Samsung.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Well, good news chaps!

Those of you that pre-ordered might be lucky like me and be getting your S23 a day earlier than planned. Just got an email from Samsung!

Thank F my case is arriving tonight

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Will listen to offers on my S20 before I either list it on eBay or sell my ZenFone 9. Can't be doing with losing too much money, it's not even a car FFS

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Well, good news chaps!

Those of you that pre-ordered might be lucky like me and be getting your S23 a day earlier than planned. Just got an email from Samsung!

I hope not
I want mine to come on the 25th which I chose as its a Saturday and I'll be home 🤣

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well, good news chaps!

Yup, mines arriving tomorrow! Everywhere online says the release date isn't until the 17th 😂

Good job Thursdays are now one of my WFH days

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I've held off pre ordering mine, wanna give it a bit and make sure there are no bugs with it first [emoji23]

Got stung with the s**t S20U so wary now

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've held off pre ordering mine, wanna give it a bit and make sure there are no bugs with it first [emoji23]

Got stung with the s**t S20U so wary now

It'll be sound

S22 Ultra was fine iirc on launch?

997.1, Caddy, e208
Great deal on student prime for the s23u, £150 voucher, £150 enhanced trade in for almost any crap phone you can find, 10% off for students, with buds l& a case.
£928 or something for the 512gb

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Will remove that temptation lol, sold last night and on route to the buyer.

Decent phone though mate

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
The s22u is a fantastic phone so I bet the 23u will be just as mega.

For what it's worth I had the s20 ultra and that was absolutely shambolic. I hated it.

I'm loving my s22u

With the Mrs having the s22 l ultra after I had my s21U.
I feel the s22u is the phone the s21u should've always been

So I'm hoping s23u is just as good an improvement

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
S23 Ultra has arrived!

Now to go through the insanely boring process of setting it up!
I know I am an idiot for not ordering yet, but does it have a dual-sim slot or it came with 1sim +eSim(Samsung gives me different answers, and I am waiting to see what people receive 😄)

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Great deal on student prime for the s23u, £150 voucher, £150 enhanced trade in for almost any crap phone you can find, 10% off for students, with buds l& a case.
£928 or something for the 512gb
Seen that, but the phone has to be a smart phone in working order, and only some are accepted from what I could see, plus, the stupid thing is you have to send the phone 1st, get the voucher from them, and then order the S23...meanwhile they can change the offer

997.1, Caddy, e208
Seen that, but the phone has to be a smart phone in working order, and only some are accepted from what I could see, plus, the stupid thing is you have to send the phone 1st, get the voucher from them, and then order the S23...meanwhile they can change the offer
They were giving 150 for 6310i’s ?!?

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
They were giving 150 for 6310i’s ?!?
What ?!? I looked into T&C and they said that only some phones are accepted with amazon. If they are doing the trade in with Samsung, then yes, you can get 150 for the Nokia

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
S23 Ultra has arrived!

Now to go through the insanely boring process of setting it up!
That's exactly what I'm doing right now. They've made it surprisingly easy though, almost iPhone levels of simplicity! Scan a QR code and away it goes doing it all for you.
I know I am an idiot for not ordering yet, but does it have a dual-sim slot or it came with 1sim +eSim(Samsung gives me different answers, and I am waiting to see what people receive 😄)
Can confirm it has a dual sim slot plus eSim capability.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
That's exactly what I'm doing right now. They've made it surprisingly easy though, almost iPhone levels of simplicity! Scan a QR code and away it goes doing it all for you.

Can confirm it has a dual sim slot plus eSim capability.
So Samsung has no clue what they are selling !!

Will be ordering tonight as I've heard the same response from other people.

Enjoy the phone !!

997.1, Caddy, e208
What ?!? I looked into T&C and they said that only some phones are accepted with amazon. If they are doing the trade in with Samsung, then yes, you can get 150 for the Nokia
A few friends got some this morning from Amazon.

i think the cheapest anyone has had one is sub £800 with a decent trade in, birthday code etc.
if I hadn’t just gotten an iPhone as a gift, I’d probably get a couple, flog a few and get mine free.