ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Feels good, was expecting it to feel massive in the hand but it's not bad, my p20 feels bulkier but that has a case on it as well
0f78114221243d2773d858c850c10b1a.jpg

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
The feel of the thing naked is incredible. New screen design tech and flatter make massive difference.

Enjoy. Beast tech.
Even with a slim spigen case it still feels nice in the hand and it stops my thumbs hitting random buttons

Battery is what's surprised me thr most, obviously being off work it's been getting hammered but still manage a full day almost even with heavy use

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My Note10+ will not die in a day and I abuse it with editing and video etc.

Seat Ibiza FR
Time for an upgrade on my Pixel, I'm tempted by the Pixel 4 but have heard bad stuff about the battery life, anybody got one and can comment on it? Or maybe I should wait for the Pixel 5.
Any other suggestions?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Don't buy a pixel 4. Just failed on so many levels. Unless camera is your only want. Very buggy since release. 4a might be an okay buy and cheap?

If not. Get another android and make it stock android like I do with my phone's.

Screenshot_20200412-093238_Nova Launcher.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's impressive and I think the camera is nearly there. Should rival some big flagships. Looks fantastic. Screen is from Samsung and beautiful!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Nova Prime. Have done since my note 4. The most customisable put there and can essentially make your phone stock Android.

Just realised I had my nav buttons on. New UI means no nav buttons required. See the bottom of the screen...

Screenshot_20200414-210059_Nova Launcher.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My little folders actually have 9 apps within them. I just prefer minimal look. I also only have the home page. That's it. Everything else is quick app drawer.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Always wanted a better weather/time app like the stock android used to have but never found one. Samsung widget looks s**t.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I don't like Samsungs UI, preferred my P20 if I'm honest

And another thing that annoys me is left to right scrolling for app menu, prefer top bottom

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Top bottom is doable in Nova Prime.

This is my home screen (Pixel 2xl). Super simple. Not sure if I can hide my nav buttons, not something I've looked at tbh.
Screenshot_20200414-210922.png

No other screens, all apps in the app draw.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My app sceen. Vertical strolling.

Also please download good lock. So must customisation.

Screenshot_20200414-215130_Nova Launcher.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200414-215006_Nova Launcher.jpg
    Screenshot_20200414-215006_Nova Launcher.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 34

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
When you swipe down in the app drawer it brings recent apps also.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
@gally does nova allow you to get rid of the on-screen home button while the keyboard is open? Sick to death of missing the space bar and hitting home button and closing down the app I was typing in

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
@gally does nova allow you to get rid of the on-screen home button while the keyboard is open? Sick to death of missing the space bar and hitting home button and closing down the app I was typing in
It's actually an android/Samsung tweak. Display settings under navigation bar.

Screenshot_20200414-221518_Chrome.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Do you not use any folders? I put all the apps that exist just to make other stuff work/aren't used like BBC Media Player, Gboard etc in a folder called utilities, just to get rid of all the apps I barely ever/never open.

I throw all the Samsung shite in there as well.
The app drawer is kinda so you can avoid folders and have all them hidden in one place. Adding extra presses to open folders is not what I need on an almost 7 inch phone. 😂 My home screen has 2 folders I need.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Do you not use any folders? I put all the apps that exist just to make other stuff work/aren't used like BBC Media Player, Gboard etc in a folder called utilities, just to get rid of all the apps I barely ever/never open.

I throw all the Samsung shite in there as well.

There is an option to hide apps in nova prime so I hide all of the non essential / not used or rarely used. You can still get to the apps easily by searching in the app drawer

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Have I missed something, my little notification things ain't showing in the app icons, It's all turned on etc in the settings but still nothing