ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone else discovered that their S20 ultra rattles then? Discovered it last night and wish I bloody hadn't as I can't help but noticed it now [emoji23][emoji23]

Apparently it's the auto focus or stabilisation inside the lense that does it as when you turn your camera on it stops.
Just sat here shaking mine now [emoji1787] never noticed it before

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I can upgrade early and I'm pretty stuck between ordering the galaxy S20+ or waiting for the note. I've got the note 9 now and can't fault it. But was thinking of going for a change. Is the S20+ a decent phone?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm due soon. I fancy an iPhone but really don't want to pay the prices lol. Currently paying 34 on my pro 20, which btw has been superb.

The S20 looks great tbf. What are the prices like?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Will look into that. Reading reviews. Some say the S20+ is better than the ultra. Or is the ultra the better phone?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Don't know who ID mobile are but they are doing

£400 up front and £45 a month which is £1480 over 24 months. That plan has 20gb of data which is loads

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I was looking at sim only at £20 a month lol.

Screenshot_20200508_102846_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
If you want sim only then smarty do 30gb data for £10 a month.

They use 3’s network.

I think unlimited is £20.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think my Pixel is dying. Knocked it into the bath when the shower was running this morning. It now turns itself off when plugged in which isn't ideal.
I'll be going for a phone outright next time though as I've just gone to sum only with o2. 100gb data for £25 per month.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I'm having charger port issues with my p20 pro. Cable falls out easily and it only super charges if its plugged in one way round and not the other 🤔

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Do they get full of fluff like the lightning ports? That sounds the same as what happens on an iPhone.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Will be crap in the port, Google it. Get a small needle to remove, you will be surprised what comes out.
I did assume that to be fair mate as had same problem with my old nexus. Just always worry about shoving something conductive up the port lol

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
How you finding it mate. Is it worth it over the S20+? I'm deciding which one though lol. It's replacing my note 9
Tbh man im not sure if it is worth the extra Iver the +

I like having the flagship really but the S20+ would of been cheaper and probably just as good for what I use it.

The magic space zoom thing isn't great really and I keep having issues with Chrome freezing up and becoming non responsive

Having used it a bit more now I'd honestly say there isn't a huge difference in performance between this and my old P20 Pro. Battery life wide angle and UI are the only things I really notice different [emoji1787][emoji23]

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

I like having the flagship really but the S20+ would of been cheaper and probably just as good for what I use it.

The magic space zoom thing isn't great really and I keep having issues with Chrome freezing up and becoming non responsive

Having used it a bit more now I'd honestly say there isn't a huge difference in performance between this and my old P20 Pro. Battery life wide angle and UI are the only things I really notice different [emoji1787][emoji23]
The google thing is across Android just now. More people having issues.

Can't remember all the differences, Main cameras are the same. Just battery and screen size?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
The google thing is across Android just now. More people having issues.

Can't remember all the differences, Main cameras are the same. Just battery and screen size?
Ah is it?

Annoys thr f**k out me when I'm browsing and it locks up

Yeah I think that's it. If I had the choice now I'd have a +

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Download Mozilla until they fix it? I swap between both daily, I use them for different tasks and a different list of tabs! Maybe even uninstall and reinstall etc? I haven't bothered yet.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Brave browser is supposed to be decent. My mate uses it and there's a built in Ad Blocker.
My Chrome keeps locking up but only when I want to upload photos to Facebook, it's the only site it does it on. Never had an issue on other sites.

M2 / Golf GTI
Christ, I haven't have a 'phone' contract for a long time. Can't believe the price now! £79 a month?! Nearly £1000 a year?

Been on VOXI a while now for £10, they've been spot on! Second hand iPhone X has been golden.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

Much appreciated mate. I'll probably go for the S20+ I've always gone for the flagship phones myself. And coming from the note 9 myself I'm sure it will be good enough.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
i am due an upgrade this month, currently have an S8, and it's been great, would like an S20, but f*ck paying £50 a month for a phone..lol, think i may just settle for an S10.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Lol I ended up getting the S20+. I'm paying £60 a month 😂 still got my note 9 and my note 4 both still great and working.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Better halfs nan (no and a fiver) has just got a brand new ........ iPhone.......7.
It's about £14 a month with Tesco. My 7 was a brilliant phone and still going nearly four years later with zero issue.