ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
What's battery life like in the S22 Ultra may well be my next phone🤔
I wake up at 6.50 and its usually on about 10% when I'm going to bed at midnight ish. I usually watch about 30 mins of documentaries on YouTube before going to sleep

I'm averaging about 7 hours screen on time from a single charge. I don't play games or anything, more for social media and browsing and taking about 300 photos of food a day.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Any tips?

Sons iPhone X suddenly went black screen.
Tried connecting to iTunes and it can't find it.
Tried wireless charging and nothing.
Also tried the volume up & down to reset and nothing.

Is it time to visit the Ethnic shop?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a power management circuit/unplugged battery kind of deal, if plugging it in doesn’t power it up. I’ve had phones with all sorts of problems/hangs but plugging it in always got it to fire up. So probably yes if you don’t fancy fiddling with it.

Reactions: riz

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
7.5 hours screen on time in one charge. Absolutely loving this phone!

Screenshot_20220613-004459_Device care.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I’d say yea. I’m only using 40gig of my 64 after nearly 4 years. But then I’m not Snapchatting dem bitches with copious dick picks. So maybe he’d need more..?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I'm assuming with iCloud, you can delete the photos on the phone and view them on the phone via iCloud?

Same as Google photos.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I'm assuming with iCloud, you can delete the photos on the phone and view them on the phone via iCloud?

Same as Google photos.

You can choose to keep originals on iCloud and you can download original quality ones when you want to. Pretty sure it offers this as a way to save space on the phones automatically.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Not sure how it works on the iPhone but the Pixel used google photos as its main photo app - so offline photos just appear as if they were on the phone (as long as you have internet access).

I think that's what I want/need or the phone

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
You get a load more storage for free with Google iirc.
My works iPhone keeps saying my iCloud is full and I don't think I use it much for photos.
Never have this issue with Google photos.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The online storage of photos I cannot fathom. I mean very rarely are you going to be without internet but I've been stood there next to someone trying to show me a picture and it takes ages!!!! Mostly c***s with no folders. Wait and I'll search through all the tranny lady boy pictures whilst I show you my cool new car or house extension. f**king biggest hate just now.

Thousands and thousands of pictures grouped together with zero organisation!!! Then trying to load them in a 5mbps area nahhhhh! On phone storage with back up to the cloud. I could not handle that! They're my pictures! 😂

Anyway. Nothing phone 1, kinda cool. Carl the king of hype. At least it's different. The black one will be cool as f**k.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone tell me if the Iphone 13 Pro Max is worth the extra cost over the 13 before i order?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
The online storage of photos I cannot fathom. I mean very rarely are you going to be without internet but I've been stood there next to someone trying to show me a picture and it takes ages!!!! Mostly c***s with no folders. Wait and I'll search through all the tranny lady boy pictures whilst I show you my cool new car or house extension. f**king biggest hate just now.

Thousands and thousands of pictures grouped together with zero organisation!!! Then trying to load them in a 5mbps area nahhhhh! On phone storage with back up to the cloud. I could not handle that! They're my pictures! 😂

Google Photos is really good. Only time it takes a while when sharing.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Anyway. Nothing phone 1, kinda cool. Carl the king of hype. At least it's different. The black one will be cool as f**k.

If you live in a civilised, modern nation it’s quite rare to have that issue with signal.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I agree and I use Google photos as my back up anyway. I just don't want to live with my thousands of pictures attached to a phone signal.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and I have a small hairline crack on my note10+ finally time to change the old girl. ☹️

Reactions: riz

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Been really liking the S22 (not standard because i'm poor) after coming from the S8+. Picture quality is fantastic and it's just so much better to live with!

Managed to get a decent deal @£30/month unltd calls/test and 100GB data with no upfront fee. Was a no brainer from a sim only contract costing me £15/month.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
S22 Ultra?
I'm between buying a note 20 ultra cash. £600 and I get to keep the last ever SD card slot. Or I just go for the s22 ultra. I don't really think there will be much difference in the price outright because my sim only deal is £15 a month just now. 🤔

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered the S22 Ultra from Samsung, upgrade every 12 months and kept my sim only. Vodafone wanted like £70 a month! 😂 Get fucked you lunatic!

Suits me especially the upgrade every year! Paying much less than I was on my last phone contract. Glad I checked the Samsung website.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Ordered the S22 Ultra from Samsung, upgrade every 12 months and kept my sim only. Vodafone wanted like £70 a month! 😂 Get fucked you lunatic!

Suits me especially the upgrade every year! Paying much less than I was on my last phone contract. Glad I checked the Samsung website.

I get student discount there if you needed a code?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Too late buddy but thanks Riz appreciate it. Not many discounts work with the offer I got anyway.
What's the upgrade deal?

I can upgrade now with Vodafone but tbf I'm happy with the S21U still and may just keep it then go onto a cheap sim only plan next

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Early cancellation fees. Any way round these? Like returning the phone for a discount or something? I'm moving abroad and there's no point keeping my current contract because I'll be paying for services I won't be able to use, but there's still quite a while left on the contract and it would cost £830 to leave now. Neither are great options to be honest 😔

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Early cancellation fees. Any way round these? Like returning the phone for a discount or something? I'm moving abroad and there's no point keeping my current contract because I'll be paying for services I won't be able to use, but there's still quite a while left on the contract and it would cost £830 to leave now. Neither are great options to be honest 😔
Sell the phone and buy a pixel a or Nord and get a SIM or something. Must be a decent phone with that kinda money.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What's the upgrade deal?

I can upgrade now with Vodafone but tbf I'm happy with the S21U still and may just keep it then go onto a cheap sim only plan next
Upgrade every 12 months. So a new phone every years. T and C's were fine and even if you have the phone for 24 months. You own it and it's still cheaper than my Vodafone contract after 18 years with them and NHS discount.

Paying £35 a month after discount and put £99 down. "Upgrade" after 12 months to the next new phone. Keep my sim only currently down to £11 a month.

The s21u is an epic phone and probably if I didn't find that hairline crack I would have just kept the note10+ still a tremendous phone but my colleague' S22U camera has moved the game on again. Size of the optics alone are metal. Currently trying to decide on a case.

Any recommendations for insurance or just add it to the house insurance?

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Sell the phone and buy a pixel a or Nord and get a SIM or something. Must be a decent phone with that kinda money.
It's a good phone but it's not worth £800 second hand 😂 I'll just go back to my old Galaxy S9 for the time being and grab a SIM for it

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
What's the deal with screen repairs? Missus dropped her iPhone today (11) the first time it had a little crack in the corner and was fine really, this time it's gone further and now the actual screen behind the glass has taken a beating, i.e. partly black and there's pink lines down it ☹️

When you look on Apple's website there's only a single price for 'screen replacement' but does that mean the glass only, or screen behind it as well!?

1657310995249.png

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
It says screen repair and at that price I would assume they replace the entire glass/digitiser/panel.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It usually comes as one piece now. Emma's s21u was meant to be like £350. You don't really get glass only anymore. Long gone at the 80 quid iPhone 7 screens.

celicaturbolly

ClioSport Club Member
  Kona , Old Defender
What new phones are coming in the next few months does anyone know, I'm coming out of contract in October and I can't decide to just go sim only or look for a new device