ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
How's wireless charging? Worth it?
Don't really use it myself, my phone battery usually lasts all day and I plug it in at night when I go to bed, job done.

Plus you can still use the phone when charging with a cable, so if I did need a top up I'd plug it in. We do have wireless chargers in the house though.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
How's wireless charging? Worth it?
I use it primarily mate.

Leave it on to wireless charge overnight, low and slow is best for phones in terms of battery degradation.

The secondary benefit that most often overlook is the reduction in wear on the USB port, mine was ridiculously worn on my old phone and the cable just kept falling out. Properly frustrating.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I use it primarily mate.

Leave it on to wireless charge overnight, low and slow is best for phones in terms of battery degradation.

The secondary benefit that most often overlook is the reduction in wear on the USB port, mine was ridiculously worn on my old phone and the cable just kept falling out. Properly frustrating.
Listen to this guy. Pop it on when I go to sleep, tops the last percentages just before you wake up l, very smart. Have 45w plug in for any quick top ups required but wireless is the way.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

No issues with a lightning connector... 😜

All joking aside, micro USB is dog w@nk and even USB-C flops around once it wears a bit, I like how the lightning connector locks in.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
My iPhone 13 decided to randomly restart itself last night and is now stuck in recovery mode. Several attempts on iTunes to update and reset it have all failed. Off to the shop I go.

I had to go through Apple to get this sorted. I done it online as I haven't had time to drive half hour to the nearest Apple store.

A box turned up yesterday so I packed the phone up and got straight down to the post office. Apple received it today and said they're checking the phone. I've had another update this evening saying it's all fixed and on its way back to me. Impressive service!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

£400. I really like this phone. Not just the design but the screen and performance of the midrange chip. Not as good camera as a 6a but Hella less boring and unique. Very cool.

Oh and dbrand just brought out the skin for the rear of your phone only in white so far.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
20220716_153922.jpg

Shot on the s22U. Crispy. Main lens no edits.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I had to go through Apple to get this sorted. I done it online as I haven't had time to drive half hour to the nearest Apple store.

A box turned up yesterday so I packed the phone up and got straight down to the post office. Apple received it today and said they're checking the phone. I've had another update this evening saying it's all fixed and on its way back to me. Impressive service!

This hasn't aged well. Apple are saying my delivery has been delayed, so I clicked on all the different links which ended up with me on a DHL page telling me they have never received the package. I made a phone call to Apple and they begrudgingly spoke to the repairs department who told them I need to ring DHL to chase up the delivery!

DHL helpfully only have 3 options on the phone, none of which actually go through to a human being. I'm now waiting for them to reply to me on social media.

All of this because I didn't have time last week to drive half hour to the nearest shop to find out what was wrong with my phone....🤬

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
If it's on its way back to you from Apple, then it's Apple's problem surely not yours? If its coming back to you then its on their account so put it on them!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
If it's on its way back to you from Apple, then it's Apple's problem surely not yours? If its coming back to you then its on their account so put it on them!
I know you're 100% correct, but I got in contact with DHL after firing a tweet out asking how I can actually speak to someone. I got them to send me a screenshot from their system showing they've never received it.

I then got back onto apple through their chat, because they're much more helpful, and sent them what I have. They've escalated it and arranged a callback this morning to let me know what is going on.

Abarth 595
Just upgraded to an iPhone 13…from a 6s. Will I see a difference? 😂

Gotta say, the jump up is night and day. One huge diff is battery. I don't really use it much, but I just checked and its on 96%. On my old phone by this point it would be on about 60% - obvs lots of that will be down to this being a brand new battery.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I spent half an hour on the phone to Apple yesterday morning, slowly being transferred onto the next level up until I reached someone who actually knew what to do.

My repaired phone turned up today. Well, it says repaired but it's quite obviously a new one and even has a new serial number.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
P30 pro. Before that two p20 pros. Only the fact I can upgrade early im getting 'need a new phone' syndrome.

Only pay 40 a month. Haven't looked at any phones or prices really so will do that at some point.

Last edited:

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
i am due an upgrade in a couple of weeks, got an S21 at the moment, would i notice much difference going to an S22? currently pay £36 a month with 100gb of data.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
P30 pro. Before that two p20 pros. Only the fact I can upgrade early im getting 'need a new phone' syndrome.

Only pay 40 a month. Haven't looked at any phones or prices really so will do that at some point.
Pixel 6 pro maybe? New nothing phone if you want to buy outright.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Funny just talking about the pixel 6 as my better half has one and isn't a fan. Actually prefers the p30 and the battery is a bit pants.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Damn, just ordered the missus a Pixel 6 tonight after she destroyed her iPhone 11. Hope she likes it... was happy to get 25% off the new contract with Blue Light Card at least (y)

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I got my iPhone 13 from affordable mobiles. £40 a month with 100gb data, £10 a month cheaper than going direct to Three.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Also due an upgrade and no idea at all what to get.
Currently got an s20 plus which I've not really been impressed with and now the battery is terrible. My old mate 20 Pro was a much better phone.
Is the s22 ultra going to be a much better phone?
Also tempted with an iPhone 13 Pro max. Still never owned an iPhone

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Also due an upgrade and no idea at all what to get.
Currently got an s20 plus which I've not really been impressed with and now the battery is terrible. My old mate 20 Pro was a much better phone.
Is the s22 ultra going to be a much better phone?
Also tempted with an iPhone 13 Pro max. Still never owned an iPhone
The s22 is like a different decade to the 20 plus.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
i am due an upgrade in a couple of weeks, got an S21 at the moment, would i notice much difference going to an S22? currently pay £36 a month with 100gb of data.
I played with a mates S22 a couple weeks back as I can upgrade my S21U now

Not worth it imo, only reason I'd change is to get a cheaper plan

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just got back in from 'stargazing' at a place in Wales after the Mrs decided she wanted to try it.

All I can say is, wow! Camera on her S22 Ultra with a tripod and fiddling with settings in Pro mode is wicked.

I'll get the pics posted up when I get better WiFi.

So impressive though!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Some great shots!

Cheers Kev!

We managed to capture the Milky Way core, I think?

Deffo need more practice though, for a first attempt and the fact it's a camera phone and not a DSLR, it's pretty cool what they are capable of.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Kev!

We managed to capture the Milky Way core, I think?

Deffo need more practice though, for a first attempt and the fact it's a camera phone and not a DSLR, it's pretty cool what they are capable of.
Pledis in the first one (small cluster of 7 to the right of the image).

The plough/big dipper in the second.

Milky way core in the 3rd and 4th, bit of it in the 5th

Satellite in the last.

Phones have definitely come a long way for night photography tbh.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Pledis in the first one (small cluster of 7 to the right of the image).

The plough/big dipper in the second.

Milky way core in the 3rd and 4th, bit of it in the 5th

Satellite in the last.

Phones have definitely come a long way for night photography tbh.

Sounds like you know your stuff! Inbox me hun 🤣🤣

I've paid for a star gazing app that should help for future too

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, I used to do a lot of night photography. I've hardly been out since having our youngest but that will change soon I hope.

There's a lot of free apps but you've already spent your money now 🙈

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Haha, I used to do a lot of night photography. I've hardly been out since having our youngest but that will change soon I hope.

There's a lot of free apps but you've already spent your money now 🙈

It was only £1.23.
The free version I was using was too busy, made me all confused.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I use it primarily mate.

No issues with a lightning connector... 😜

All joking aside, micro USB is dog w@nk and even USB-C flops around once it wears a bit, I like how the lightning connector locks in.

I'd be willing to bet when usb C gets like that it's because fluff gets pressed into it over time. Pick it out with a pin and it'll be fine again!