ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
A few sites saying Motorola will be making the next Nexus. I'm a long way from my upgrade though but I'm more than happy with my Nexus 5.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Love my m8. One of the best Android phones I've had.

Can't get along with the cheap feel of galaxy range of phones even if they are good.

Although sometimes I end up back with Apple as the phone build quality is superb. Then I get bored of Apple and end up back at Android.

Rav4
One tech website rated the LG3 no.1 and the LG2 no.4. Not bad recommendation. I couldn't own one though.

I'll need to have a longer play with an M8 and the others.

Have not looked at many review sites, normally I test them out before making opinions.

The G3 size is what is concerning me though, it's rather big.

It's frustrating how the smaller phones, tend to be the less spec'd ones.

I loved the HTC one, the M8 is awesome. I am concerned about the companies financials though :( ........

275 Trophy
I love my HTC One M8 - it's easily my favourite.

Even the wife loved it and she usually doesn't give a s**t about phones! She liked it that much she got a HTC One Mini 2 for herself. That's a great phone too if anyones looking.

Another vote for the HTC Mini 2 here. I had a Nokia Lumia 800 that was great to be honest, but the HTC is better.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
iPhone still need can't change from standard ringtones lol. Without pissing about.

Err... Can't say I've had any difficulty doing it.

hema5e6a.jpg

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I had an S4, went back to an iPhone. Got bored, bought a M8 for me and then my misses as she liked it. Now we are back to iPhones.

For me, I loved some of the stuff you can do on Android like dial 532 and it came up with leanness number whereas the iPhone you need to go into contacts or recent. If i've dialled a number before the M8 would remember it and come up as i put it in. These are small things but when you're driving and need to ring someone, that is so much easier.

I take a photo or whatever, i can instantly upload it to photo bucket or whatsapp etc on that screen whereas you can't on the iPhone.

I have a Mac, ipad and now 5S and my employees have iPhones too. I could never get the calendar app to work on the HTC so i couldn't book work in on my phone or see what was on.

For me, iPhones are more restricted and basic (Gally you should love that being a techno t**t) as soon as the iPhone 6 comes out with a bigger screen, ill be buying two of those too.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
I just find them infuriating! It's the little things like the app drawer and in-app settings in Android that just make it awesome. That and the bigger, sharper screen, widgets (do iphones now have these someone said above?), Adobe flash player (yes it's old and s**t, but it's nice to have for the odd times it's needed!), NFC, Google Now, etc.

Exactly, the settings stuff in iOS is full r****d, so much quicker and easier on Android. Am just waiting for all the people who have been banging on for years about how the iphone is the perfect size, don't want any bigger etc. to then realise bigger is better (to a point), not least for improved battery life. God damn wall huggers.

Lol good one. What point is that then? Yours or mine? You're basically saying whatever size you choose is the size I should choose? Some people don't spend the entire day with their phone glued in their hands browsing Facebook. Not everyone needs or wants a big phone.

ST
Currently 32gb 5, and the Z2 (which replaced my battered BlackBerry Bold 9900).. Been out of contract since last Sept with the 5, the Z2 is good, but it feels a little cumbersome at times. If the 6 is as impressive as the rumours state i'll upgrade from the 5.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Doing mega research on them all but I think it's going to have to be the next gen stuff. These phones are older already sadly and barring the Note4 (possibly too big) i'm not sure what else is coming. Nexus 6 possibly.

Keep my options open. I feel the S5 is unoriginal and too far away from the quality of the iPhone. HTC is a bit closer.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My cousins partner was not impressed by her HTC one but i'm led to believe the M8 is much better!

2014 Focus Titanium
My cousins partner was not impressed by her HTC one but i'm led to believe the M8 is much better!

What was she not impressed about? The One is an absolutely fantastic phone, even now 18 months after release.

The Nexus 6/5.2/whatever is likely to be top of the pile when it comes out, I'd definitely wait for that.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the advice mate. I'll see what's happening Nexus wise.

She just wasn't impressed by it. She's not techy nor that into phones as such. I'll try an see if there is a nexus 5 lying around to have a play with.

2014 Focus Titanium
Gally if you had a go on a Nexus 5 that is running on ART (Android's new runtime, it will be if up to date) then I have no doubt you will be impressed. Moving from iOS takes some more time than others to get used to it but you will :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure what ART means or rooting a phone but I love the LG3 design, it's how I would design a phone looks wise, it's missing a home button and buttons on the side but I like it. The Z2 future Z3 was a definite no for me. M8 is getting on a bit, S5 is a tad unoriginal.

Note4/Future M8/Future LG4/Nexus6... So i'll be waiting... I don't want an iPhone6... please don't make me buy one!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It'll be this year. Rumors if it being made by Motorola this time though.

The 4&5 were announced in October and released in November the past two years so I'd hazard a guess that it would stick to the same pattern. The new OS "L" is due in quarter 4 as well so that would also tie in with the release of a new handset.

Monaco 172
Think they have confirmed it will arrive between October and November.

I'm having the same dilemma atm, looking to grab a phone in the next day or two, seems GiffGaff give the best deals and I'm stuck between the LG and M8 :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate. Are they really that good. I love the look and feel of that LG. It didn't even feel that big.

The M8 would be ideal but i'm not totally sold on the design. Lower speaker holes especially.

Inferno 182 CUP
I've decided I need to sell my nexus 5 and the lg g watch I use with it and go back to iphone. The continuity with my Mac and loss of face time is proving killer for me :(

2014 Focus Titanium
I've decided I need to sell my nexus 5 and the lg g watch I use with it and go back to iphone. The continuity with my Mac and loss of face time is proving killer for me :(

f**k me Danny you've swapped between phones more times than I've had hot dinners.

I had a play with my brother-in-law's LG G3 yesterday, it's a mighty fine phone but I still think it's a touch less smooth than my Nexus 5 (hardly noticeable at all, but I look for it), probably because it isn't pure Vanilla Android. Lovely screen and camera though, but it made me happy with my decision to wait for the next Google phone.

Inferno 182 CUP
I love this nexus but its crippling when your little girl rings you and cries when she wants to face time and you can't

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
If the next nexus has a decent camera, and runs as good as the 5, it'll be a crackin phone

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
My S3 got wet today for about the millionth time, but now it appears to be f**king up royally (pretending to be docked and not charging)

This OnePlus One thing looks interesting, not quite convinced as to how you're supposed to order one if you don't know anyone with invites

I'd prefer pure Android as my Nexus 7 mk2 is brilliant with it and the slowness of the S3 pisses me off... so Nexus 5 or the new Nexus when it arrives... not sure I can wait 2 months with no working phone though

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go for a Nexus five. Sell it when the new one comes out and you'll get a good chunk of your money back as it still pisses over the majority of phones available.