ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Also, if you use a case (there's a flipcase that works via magnets in the front) you will lose that functionality as well - I annoyingly have, but there are apps out there to make use of the sensors, they just don't do it as well :).

This is the case: http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/smartphone-accessories/EF-CI950BCEGWW

It's really smart, allows the display to show date etc when its closed, and when open it functions like normal, also turns on display when opened too.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not a case fan but i've seen a few with those function. Front screen protector only.

White or Black?

GalaxyNote4_15-580-90.jpg

samsung-galaxy-note-4-review-main.jpg

samsung-galaxy-note-4-review-rear.jpg

bgr-samsung-galaxy-note-4-5.jpg

I'd usually go white especially on iPhone to hide fingerprints and marks but the Note4 is mostly glass and faux leather back. White looks a tad cheap on the Note. Agreed?

Ford Fiesta ST2
I've had a nexus 4 for the past 18 months and couldn't be happier with naked android. I bought my wife the Oneplus One and it is by far the best phone I've used. Nothing can touch it for the money and even comparing it to the HTC One M8 and Samsung S series it is better due to not having extra software on it. If you can get an invite I would 100% recommend it. Sadly I haven't received any invites to share yet.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I hate those windows app boxes. Must be used to ios. Also aren't non flagship models... One plus one, samsung Alpha, M8 mini etc for your mum and dad or younger kids?

Flagship or go home. Only way to half futureproof imo.

lol yeah, better spec than the S5... (and half the price ;))

Same CPU, same display (though the One is bigger), Samsung has better rear camera, One has better front, aside from that iirc they're identical.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah my apologies I thought it was a smaller spec phone. Looks lovely, who is the manufacturer. Looks like a G3. Niiice!

Ah my apologies I thought it was a smaller spec phone. Looks lovely, who is the manufacturer. Looks like a G3. Niiice!

It's made by OnePlus themselves, but real hard to get hold of, you need an invite to buy one as they have supply issues. You can buy invites on ebay for 20 quid or so, so it still makes it a cheap phone for what it is :].

Yeah, but if you buy the invite, then buy the phone, it's cheaper (theyre selling for around 320, you can buy invite for 20 and phone for 270) :).
'
Then once you've bought direct, you also get invites to give out (sell). :]

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed. The note3 had a decent felt okay to hold for me, this is thinner and better shaped so can only be an improvement.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
my son (17 year old) is after buying a Samsung S5. After having a look on line he's found that Giff gaff sell them for £465, plus you have to buy one of their goody bag bundles from £7.50.

I can't see it anywhere near this price elsewhere, is there a catch?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I couldn't get on with Vanilla. Speed and response is one thing, which is all well and good, however it also pulls away some useful functionality.

Granted you can download Apps to add the functionality but I'd sooner it just work consistently in the first place.

2014 Focus Titanium
The only thing I missed from vanilla was the social media integration with contacts from Sense. I would still love to have that though.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Another f**king 3 weeks to wait!

Can I pre-order a phone if i'm upgrading or is it only for new customers or buying outright?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Should be able to Pre order. The wife's waiting to Pre order her z3. Apparently it can't be Pre ordered just yet though...

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
EE do and carphone warehouse.

Yeah she went to the CPW but they said they couldn't Pre order just yet. She's waiting for a call back about it though. If she hasn't heard anything by Saturday then I think she's going in to a store.