ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Gone for an S10, tempted by the S10+ but didn't feel the extra size was needed.

EE 30gb Data, Unlimited Calls/Texts.

£50 upfront and £36 a month through Fonehouse.

Very similar deal to what I got for my s10 plus. My first time using fone house and I'd definitely use them again

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Very similar deal to what I got for my s10 plus. My first time using fone house and I'd definitely use them again

EE direct couldn't get near it for total cost.
I'm with EE now so gotta see about keeping my number but not overly fussed if I can't.

Missus went direct with EE on an S10e and got a reasonable deal as gets 20% off as works for the NHS.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
EE direct couldn't get near it for total cost.
I'm with EE now so gotta see about keeping my number but not overly fussed if I can't.

Missus went direct with EE on an S10e and got a reasonable deal as gets 20% off as works for the NHS.

If you're out of contract on your old phone, you can port your number across to your new phone by calling up ee.

I've had a couple of friends do this when upgrading through a 3rd party

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm well out of contract, Think the guy said 821 days out of it 🤣

I requested my PAC code but as I'm already with EE the website wasn't clear if my number would be kept, I'll see when it turns up.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I'm well out of contract, Think the guy said 821 days out of it 🤣

I requested my PAC code but as I'm already with EE the website wasn't clear if my number would be kept, I'll see when it turns up.

Don't bother with the number transfer thing on the website. Call ee when your phone arrives and ask them to swap your number. They should sort it for you.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Don't bother with the number transfer thing on the website. Call ee when your phone arrives and ask them to swap your number. They should sort it for you.

Quick call to EE and as I've been such a loyal long term customer they'll switch my number straight away for me, yeah like you don't say that to all the fellas Joanne.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I was tempted by the S10 and S10+, but the punch hole camera would be really distracting for me. I would prefer a OnePlus7, but lacking wireless charging and camera isn't all that (not sure if someone has put the Google APK on it yet). Hopefully the next S model will have no front camera in/on the screen then i will probably upgrade.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I was tempted by the S10 and S10+, but the punch hole camera would be really distracting for me. I would prefer a OnePlus7, but lacking wireless charging and camera isn't all that (not sure if someone has put the Google APK on it yet). Hopefully the next S model will have no front camera in/on the screen then i will probably upgrade.
I've got the Google cam APK on a 7. It's ridiculous the difference it makes, especially night sight.

I don't miss wireless charging, it gets charged when using android auto on the commute, so I only actually charge the thing once, maybe twice a week.

Clio 197,with megan'
I have an iPhone XR. I tried the Huawei P20 pro for a day, beautiful phone, but not for me, so returned.Managed to get a BNIB XSmax, for just over half price, from a reputable seller, ( Last one) and sold my XR, for around three quarters that I paid for it. Even though the new iPhones will be here very soon, I felt this was too good a deal to ignore, so I will keep this one for at least a couple of years.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
What brands are people using for phone cases, I'm usually a no case person but could do with a thin, light case for my S10, Not bothered by a screen protector but if the case has a slight raised bezel to stop the screen rubbing if placed screen down that'd be swell.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
What brands are people using for phone cases, I'm usually a no case person but could do with a thin, light case for my S10, Not bothered by a screen protector but if the case has a slight raised bezel to stop the screen rubbing if placed screen down that'd be swell.
I've always sworn by Spigen. Probably had 7 or 8 over the time. Never broke a phone or smashed a screen with one on and I've dropped a few. I've always used tempered glass screen protectors though apart from my brief encounter with a Note which had curved glass

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Looks like Huawei is off the table now, new phones won't come with any Google Apps.
You could probably find a way to run them, but how many people are going to feel comfortable dropping premium phone money on the hope they can get it to work?

CBR1000RR Fireblade

Spigen.

I've had a few over the years and on various phones. Outstanding phone cases imo

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Looks like Huawei is off the table now, new phones won't come with any Google Apps.
You could probably find a way to run them, but how many people are going to feel comfortable dropping premium phone money on the hope they can get it to work?

Apparently Huawei have done an excellent job with their own software /firmware/ apparently

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It’ll be interesting what App Store they develop and how well populated it will be.

I’m due an upgrade soon. Think I’ll be sticking to my Pixel 2xl at the moment and going Sim free. The prices of some contracts are ridiculous for what you get.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Apparently Huawei have done an excellent job with their own software /firmware/ apparently
It takes forever to catch up. Look at how long it took Apple maps to even become usable. I'm guessing no android auto/carplay compatibility, which is a massive issue given how many manufacturers are putting it in new vehicles.

I imagine they'll focus massively on markets like china and India.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I've got the Spigen case on my note 9 and alinsea screen protector. Can't fault either.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Spigen here also. I have the black air. Kinda textured back but thin. I used the phone outside the case always in the house though. Like the protection at work.

Had 3 so far.

Also dbrand if you fancy a high quality skin to protect the rear inside the case.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh and the note 10plus 5g is different level.

I laugh at the bit of confusion that reigns upon release like people want to see it do badly.

Zero bloatware now on the phones, run lovely, especially with Nova launcher. Note 8 was the same.

Camera stabilization is also insane especially when my work videos are concerned.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i see LG have a newish phone out the V50 with dual screens, but seems no where is selling it!!

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I'm waiting for the new iphone to come out, should be in about 2-3 weeks? Then I can get the old iPhone, I've got a iphone 7 at the moment and don't know how its lasted this long, gets so hot sometimes and speaker is broke, genuinely had to buy airpods so I can use my phone for phonecalls.

Clio 197
I'm waiting for the new iphone to come out, should be in about 2-3 weeks? Then I can get the old iPhone, I've got a iphone 7 at the moment and don't know how its lasted this long, gets so hot sometimes and speaker is broke, genuinely had to buy airpods so I can use my phone for phonecalls.
2-3 weeks sounds right. Can't wait as i'll be looking at getting an 8 plus when the new range comes out.

Just picked up a pixel 3a + otterbox, largely for the camera, impressed though personally it seems much of muchness with modern smart phones, can't fathom dropping 2-3x more £££

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
New Samsung OS is pretty good. I am going to refrain from Nova for a while.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Samsung S10 - £50 upfront £35 a month 24 months - 45GB unlimited unlimited with free Samsung watch active on O2

Anyone know to any better deals than this? Would prefer to stay with O2 as I know coverage is good for me.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I would absolutely love a fold, I've always been a gadget freak, but screw paying £2k for one, or well over £100 a month for one on contract.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Samsung S10 - £50 upfront £35 a month 24 months - 45GB unlimited unlimited with free Samsung watch active on O2

Anyone know to any better deals than this? Would prefer to stay with O2 as I know coverage is good for me.
This is £25 upfront now so even better, plus £40 cash back if you go through topcashback

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Samsung must be pretty confident they have fixed absolutely every issue with the Galaxy Fold, especially if they've got the cheek to charge 2 grand.
Wonder if it's a gimmick like 3D or if it'll become the norm....

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
so i phone carphonewarehouse to enquire about the new samsung fold which is released today, the idiot on the end of the line said ive never heard of the samsung fold.

i just ended the call...

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
so i phone carphonewarehouse to enquire about the new samsung fold which is released today, the idiot on the end of the line said ive never heard of the samsung fold.

i just ended the call...
I think it's exclusive to EE