ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I also use gboard over Samsung. 👍🏻 Oh and they will also learn words. When I type in kg to my keyboard my email appears.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
okay even with extremely limited use, its better than the Samsung one already! Thanks chaps!

God knows what samsung were playing at. some of the autocorrect suggestions were genuienly on crack. GBoard FTW! Cheers @Gally

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
None of this ducking instead of f**king, like apple users have to put up with, eh

Honestly it makes some things so much better if you mentally replace duck with f**k :LOL:

200.gif

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Is there a way with Gboatd you can have symbols over the letters that can be used with a long press?

Edit. Just figured it out in settings

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
With a budget of say £350 what would you recommend? Needs to be Android with a decent battery and great camera, also 120hz screen.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
A pixel 7 is a great shout. Easily bought for that price.

Nothing phone 1 for something different also. Few one plus phones also.

997.1, Caddy, e208
@imprezaworks

Another £25 off in addition to the below on checkout

🔥🔥SUPER PHONE DEAL!!!! 🔥🔥 Samsung Galaxy S23 FE 5G, SIM Free Android Smartphone + FREE SILICONE COVER!
£399.99 FROM £599.99
APPLY £100 VOUCHER AND GET ANOTHER £100 CASHBACK WITH FREE SAMSUNG FE EARBUDS & 12 MONTHS DISNEY+ (CASHBACK, DISNEY+ AND EARBUDS HAVE TO BE APPLIED FOR FROM SAMSUNG WEBSITE)
PHONE - https://amzn.to/41WcT2D
COVER - https://amzn.to/3v uzk2P

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cheers. Chap on the avforums has a new one at 325 iirc. But looking at the reviews it’s not filling me with confidence lol.

Interested in the A52s albeit an older phone.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Cheers. Chap on the avforums has a new one at 325 iirc. But looking at the reviews it’s not filling me with confidence lol.

Interested in the A52s albeit an older phone.
Got the S23 Fe 5G for my partner, but from O2 at £349, and applied for 100 cashback, free buds and 12months disney

Previously she had an Samsung S20 Plus 5G, and she says there is no much difference between them.

I don't see why would you(people with bad reviews) complain for basically a less than 200£ if you sell the buds and consider how much a 12month disney subscription is. Plus you got warranty, not a sold as seen phone from the internet.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's not and an A52 is not a comparison to an s23 fe! The fe is a trememdnous buy! Even a used s23 is a fantastic buy!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Good choice.

Galaxy unpacked this week! S24 Ultra now with flat screen. Looking forward to a little difference!

20240113_100359.jpg
20240113_100004.jpg
20240113_100337.jpg
20240113_100233.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think they're s**t they were peak design but they have their drawbacks. Edge detection hasn't been an issue in 10 years so it's mainly the s pen that only annoys me at the edge, I don't really see any downsides.

Just interested in the new form factor.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Apart from screen protects not fitting correctly, cases not protecting the edge like on flat screens, accidental touch (still a thing on my S22U)
Literally no point in having the extra 2mm of screen width for a curve IMO.

Peak design doesn't necessarily make it a good thing.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Samsung website servers down for the Samsung finance payment option.
Was looking to sort the deal for the Wife.
With her trade in and employee discount it worked out to 691 for the 512gb S24 ultra.
Which is insane. With a free watch 6 which she would sell as well