ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new tool thread

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
@Touring_Rob this is the laser level. Annoyingly from the same seller it's gone up £100??!! But at least you have the model number now so you can shop around.

If you do get one, get yourself one of these too. I got mine the other day and it will definitely come in handy, it's a bit pricey for what is essentially a pole and tripod but still it's nice knowing its suitable for that laser level

Screenshot_20220902-075822_AliExpress.jpg
Screenshot_20220902-075739_AliExpress.jpg
Screenshot_20220902-080041_eBay.jpg

Megane 250
Looking for a new impact wrench…

I had/have a parkside one from lidl, worked well, used it a lot taking my 200 apart for suspension refresh and gearbox change etc

But putting it back together and it died, no signs of anything, just died.

So I’m hunting for a new one and keep looking at Milwaukee, but there’s various different models and kits etc

Anyone have any recommendations? It’s mostly for changing wheels, general maintainence on a car, suspension etc

Any links would be appreciated, not too worried if milwaukee or not but would like one where I can keep the batteries to use on other power tools, drills etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Looking for a new impact wrench…

I had/have a parkside one from lidl, worked well, used it a lot taking my 200 apart for suspension refresh and gearbox change etc

But putting it back together and it died, no signs of anything, just died.

So I’m hunting for a new one and keep looking at Milwaukee, but there’s various different models and kits etc

Anyone have any recommendations? It’s mostly for changing wheels, general maintainence on a car, suspension etc

Any links would be appreciated, not too worried if milwaukee or not but would like one where I can keep the batteries to use on other power tools, drills etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gen 2 Mid Torque as a good all-rounder, fits where the big boy doesn't and has more power than a compact.

Or buy a 3/8 Stubby as well to compliment it and become part of team red.

Doesn't have to be this kit specifically, just a general idea. It's available in 3/8 and 1/2 drive.

Last edited:

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
@Touring_Rob this is the laser level. Annoyingly from the same seller it's gone up £100??!! But at least you have the model number now so you can shop around.

If you do get one, get yourself one of these too. I got mine the other day and it will definitely come in handy, it's a bit pricey for what is essentially a pole and tripod but still it's nice knowing its suitable for that laser level

View attachment 1610182View attachment 1610183View attachment 1610184
Cheers mate - I didn't get a notification for this, I wasn't just being a rude c**t by not saying thank you I promise.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Yeah they're really handy.

Those rivet gun type ones are ok for small and aluminium nuts, but you'd need the grip of a gorilla to do thicker metals 😂

The long arm scissor action type ones are better for that.
yep, spoke too soon. Next job I went to do, the gun is fcked.
I need one of the long arm ones!

Battery terminal crimping tools - any recommendations? I need to crimp just a couple of connections and it’s not the sort of tool I’m likely to use much at all in future so I don’t want to spend a lot on one.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Battery terminal crimping tools - any recommendations? I need to crimp just a couple of connections and it’s not the sort of tool I’m likely to use much at all in future so I don’t want to spend a lot on one.
I just soldered mine when I didn't have a tool.

Heated up with a blowtorch and pushed solder in

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Think I’m going to buy a cheap electric pole saw to trim the tree in our garden. Any suggestions? I was just looking at Amazon 100 quid ones!
I got a cheap electric one, can't remember the brand but it was a popular domestic brand along the lines of flymo.

It was really s**t, the chain tension adjuster was cheap plastic and would lose it's tension after one cut. It frustrated me no end and I ended up throwing it away

Now have the milwaukee hatchet and a ladder. More risk of death or losing a limb admittedly, but much less risk of death through anger/excess stress 😂

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Trimmed a pickups+ worth of branches with a cheap grey one from B&Q a few weeks back. Seemed alright, was expecting it to extend a bit further though.

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh is that the Mcallister one? It looked to only be 8ft in b and q.

milwaukee do do one, but you have to buy a garden tool thing first, I could make it work as I need a strimmer as my cheap flymo packed in.

really don’t wanna drop 350 on a pole say / strimmer tho!

I also need a leaf sucker!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Just bought a set of sgs car dollys to shuffle my Extra van about in the garage so i can get the blue meg back in. Tested on the clio and they work great, was not expecting it to be as easy as it is. Quick shove with the foot and its moving. Good for the money!
20221031_150130.jpg
20221031_150323.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I think the most surprising thing about the SGS wheel skates is that the rams don't start pissing out fluid after using it for the first time.