ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new tool thread

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
@Iranian Pudding, @Louis - these are all the die grinder bits I've bought and like. The flappy pads are by far the best things for removing rust..... Louis 👀

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
@Iranian Pudding, @Louis - these are all the die grinder bits I've bought and like. The flappy pads are by far the best things for removing rust..... Louis 👀

Thanks maateee

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Thought I’d ask here. Probably sound like a pussy but I’m fed up cutting my hands and scrubbing f**k out them after working on the car. What gloves do you guys use? I’ve tried nitrile - last about 2 minutes. I’ve also tried workie gloves but they’re too thick and you can feel anything.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I’d ask here. Probably sound like a pussy but I’m fed up cutting my hands and scrubbing f**k out them after working on the car. What gloves do you guys use? I’ve tried nitrile - last about 2 minutes. I’ve also tried workie gloves but they’re too thick and you can feel anything.
I use these,

They have brilliant dexterity with the only downside being that they are not 100% oil proof like nitrile would be. But they last.

I got the pack of 24 pairs 2 years ago and I've only just opened the second bag (comes in 2 packs of 24 gloves)

24 Pairs PU Coated Black Nylon... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MU9MGYF/?tag=cliospnet01-21

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Tiger grip they orange ones with the wee knobbly bits on them

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
Anyone got a hose pipe gun that can run hot water without leaking? I’m currently going through about 1 per month in the winter

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

Only taken you 2 months👀😉🤣🤣

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

Black Mamba usually able to pick them up from tool station.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Are they quite thin then? They look exactly what I’m after
Very, I was in your predicament before and kept splitting nitrile and absolutely hate the thick gloves where you can't feel anything.

These are perfect
20200904_122305.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

Now I've got the die grinder, I'm looking for bits and remembered you posted this.

I see you linked a separate roloc 2" arbour as well as the one that comes with that 35pc set.

Is the one included in the set ok or do I need to get the other one you linked?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Now I've got the die grinder, I'm looking for bits and remembered you posted this.

I see you linked a separate roloc 2" arbour as well as the one that comes with that 35pc set.

Is the one included in the set ok or do I need to get the other one you linked?

Answered my own question 😂

Cheers @Touring_Rob

You need to order the separate arbour, the one in the 35pc kit doesn't fit as it's 1/4" which is 6.3mm not 6mm.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I cant remember who it was that posted the cheap USPRO long aviation spanners in here, I ordered a set and have sat on them for about 6 months never needing to use them. Doing a timing belt this weekend, wanted to get a ratchet spanner on a nut, couldn't get enough purchase on it to crack it loose....
299110849_1133312867398894_4233767453193229941_n.jpg

Saved the day!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I cant remember who it was that posted the cheap USPRO long aviation spanners in here, I ordered a set and have sat on them for about 6 months never needing to use them. Doing a timing belt this weekend, wanted to get a ratchet spanner on a nut, couldn't get enough purchase on it to crack it loose....
View attachment 1607721

Saved the day!

Would have been @Iranian Pudding i think.

Really handy aren't they!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Well if we're showing off our vices, I found this in my Grandma's garage when we cleared the house, it was in the pit and would have been my Grandad's a long time ago. It's a tad overkill for my use 😂

IMG_5468.jpg

Yes I know the bench is too low and narrow

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Well if we're showing off our vices, I found this in my Grandma's garage when we cleared the house, it was in the pit and would have been my Grandad's a long time ago. It's a tad overkill for my use 😂

View attachment 1608122

Yes I know the bench is too low and narrow
Same one I bought my dad after snapping his vice in half pushing a bearing into a housing🤣🤣

Nae fuckin chance of that with this new one

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
View attachment 1607721

Saved the day!
I bought these as well been handy for a few hard to reach tight ones.

just on a side note if anyone wants US Pro etc

his name is Lee and can order pretty much anything in and cheaper than eBay prices most of the time. Tell him I sent you might add a tenner or take some off :)

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Can anybody recommend any low torque slimline spanner sets? I used a snap on one recently to undo a fuel fitting with slim hex nut, was great compared to my angle grinder thinned out spanner. Snap on set is about £400 so id like a cheapo half decent quality set.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Bang on cheers gents. They are one of those tools that you will rarely use, but come in handy for alloy fuel fittings with thin hex on the end. Saves grinding down a spanner😆

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Bang on cheers gents. They are one of those tools that you will rarely use, but come in handy for alloy fuel fittings with thin hex on the end. Saves grinding down a spanner😆

Can't go wrong with USPro stuff for the money and like you say for how much they'll get used.

Thinking about it, they'd have come in handy when we did the clutch on my brother's cmax. One b*****d of a nut on a stud to get the box off 😅

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Do you not have a set of spanners that have been thinned out with the grinder?

I have a 13, 15, 18 and a 19mm that have been thinned out 😂 I think my dad bought a separate set and then just spent 20 mins on the bench grinder 😂

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Do you not have a set of spanners that have been thinned out with the grinder?

I have a 13, 15, 18 and a 19mm that have been thinned out 😂 I think my dad bought a separate set and then just spent 20 mins on the bench grinder 😂
I have a couple that are modified for the task intended :LOL: i needed to take a fuel line fitting off at Efi last week and id forgotten my grinded special and Chris let me use a posh snap on set of low torque spanners for the job. Got me thinking an upgrade might be needed. Ive got a few sets of odd job spanners, obstruction sets etc, for that one job they make life easier for well worth having.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I have a couple that are modified for the task intended :LOL: i needed to take a fuel line fitting off at Efi last week and id forgotten my grinded special and Chris let me use a posh snap on set of low torque spanners for the job. Got me thinking an upgrade might be needed. Ive got a few sets of odd job spanners, obstruction sets etc, for that one job they make life easier for well worth having.
Oh aye you're not wrong mate

I think I have most type of spanners now, some of them have never been used like a 14mm obstruction spanner... but come the day I need it I know I have it 😂

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'd just buy another set of all your other spanners, get both sets machined down 50% and glue them back together with some superglue.

When you want a normal spanner jobs a goodun, when you want a slim just pull them apart.

Mint

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
When you think about it, they are half the thickness of a normal spanner but the same price too :LOL: strap on are £400 a seto_O