ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new tool thread

I need a new small torch/worklight for working under the dash etc, any suggestions? I have a Makita 18v led torch already but can never get it in the right place and end up using my phone instead...

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I need a new small torch/worklight for working under the dash etc, any suggestions? I have a Makita 18v led torch already but can never get it in the right place and end up using my phone instead...

The Unilite stuff is decent but quite pricey.

Also have this Ring inspection light which i got for free with a tool once and it's very good.

Anyone have recommendations for which Halfords tool kits are the best value/most useful for general DIY & car tinkering?

I saw people recommended getting one through the trade cards, how much does it save?

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Anyone have recommendations for which Halfords tool kits are the best value/most useful for general DIY & car tinkering?

I saw people recommended getting one through the trade cards, how much does it save?
Ive got the 150 piece n the mrs has the 170 piece we've had them for years and were only £100 at the time, no idea what they are now

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i

Honestly, just go with the biggest/most bits you can afford.

Ive got the modular tray stuff and its so good.

Undoing crusty gearbox bolts on the mx5 im pissing around with. Had extenders on the socket for reach AND slid a metal tube over the handle for more leverage and the bloody thing didnt flinch. Great stuff. Get it bought!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Never thought I'd be this excited for a wheel barrow before but f**k me it's sturdy.

My green one from b&m is on its last legs and at £45 I wasnt prepared to buy another one that's just gonna fail in a year again so bit the bullet and got this one. Should last me a while hopefully!

20240221_152623.jpg

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Never thought I'd be this excited for a wheel barrow before but f**k me it's sturdy.

My green one from b&m is on its last legs and at £45 I wasnt prepared to buy another one that's just gonna fail in a year again so bit the bullet and got this one. Should last me a while hopefully!

View attachment 1681169

An excellent choice! Mines been used for years and still going strong. Well worth the money.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

View attachment 1681169

How long until one of the lads writes 'nd' on that 😂

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
What’s the benefits of those over regular spanner’s, is it just the extra length?
Obviously I've only just got them so can't comment from use but from watching vids on the cambelt change the access down the side is tight so putting a normal spanner on and adding another spanner for leverage just wouldn't be possible

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Obviously I've only just got them so can't comment from use but from watching vids on the cambelt change the access down the side is tight so putting a normal spanner on and adding another spanner for leverage just wouldn't be possible
Just be careful on what you use them on, ive seen some of the cheaper makes round the head of a bolt/nut as some of them are made from chineseium

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Bought myself a new lightweight jacket for carting about. It's a killer picking up my 3T sealey one, it's about 40kg

When this popped up at £80 on Halfords I couldn't really say no

View attachment 1682366

I did similar recently, gave my brother the 43kg 3T SGS jack and got the Halfords 2T for £88, should have been £104.

33kg still but that 10kg makes a hell of a difference.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I did similar recently, gave my brother the 43kg 3T SGS jack and got the Halfords 2T for £88, should have been £104.

33kg still but that 10kg makes a hell of a difference.
It does mate, especially when you have to lift it into the boot of the car or carry it up a set of steps like I have to do at work💀

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Jack looks decent. Might get one myself to save lugging my heavy 3 ton one about all the time.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow

I thought yours is 3t(reading now again, I think you were referring to the sealey one), and I was looking for that, as you said you paid 80, and the 2T was 100+ 😄

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
I've just bought the 2T aluminium Halfords one, been wanting it for ages but seems a good offer atm. It's down to £160 but when you add to basket it reduces to £128. Just need a project car to use it on now :ROFLMAO:

I said this to Kyle yesterday, it's almost like they've discounted the price by 20% then added a further 20% in the basket too.

I bought the jack and these ratcheting axle stands which came in at £32 with trade card and the discount.

https://www.halfords.com/tools/gara...onne-magic-quick-lift-jack-stands-539422.html

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow