ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new tool thread

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
New Tool Box, it's the same as the American Harbour Freight US General,

House owned by Bank, I think I only own the front and back door currently.

532F1676-52CD-41A7-84BB-6C7A6C396805_1_201_a.jpeg

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up a couple of new torque tools, well one is used

Torque screwdriver with does 1-6Nm

And a new 1/4 teng torque wrench

516096bfc97fa91c19b0afafb2153ec7.jpg
bcf6b7f14a476a7941f6ab0b0558dafc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
They're pretty spenny

Of course they are, theyre pretty much the best pliers you'll buy.
Even more expensive for you as you live on chips and gravy :D

Jokes aside, check out some of the snap on / tools pages on facebook. Always seeing decent circlip pliers come up on there for sensible money. The cheap ones are cheap for a reason, theyre usually crap. Shame youre not local, else id just loan you mine.

edit, just found a set here that are pretty well priced and should do all youll want from them.

Last edited:

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Of course they are, theyre pretty much the best pliers you'll buy.
Even more expensive for you as you live on chips and gravy :D

Jokes aside, check out some of the snap on / tools pages on facebook. Always seeing decent circlip pliers come up on there for sensible money. The cheap ones are cheap for a reason, theyre usually crap. Shame youre not local, else id just loan you mine.

edit, just found a set here that are pretty well priced and should do all youll want from them.

Money off them too with ebay at the minute.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I was looking for some circlip pliers at the same time as Louis as I don't have a set which is annoying!

Went for these in the end last night after much deliberation. I'll take some pics when they arrive for quality purposes

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got a set of Beta Circlip pliers which are nice quality. They came in a deep foam moulded tray too which looks really fancy. About £80 the set (internal & external with straight and bent in each)

5B173C20-D129-4FE6-98CC-143524199EA5.jpeg

But you can get a set of 4 Knipex for £65 from FFX tools (which you May have nearby)

M88FYS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Don't think I dare follow this thread, I've spent £4/500 on tools alreadysince payay last month.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
A good vice is worth its weight in gold. 😍👌🏼
Always had to take stuff to work. This will make things a thousand times easier now!

Just saw your circlip plier reply. Not sure what to do yet, I rarely use circlip pliers but when I do I want a decent set 😂

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Knipex are expensive but are imo the best you’ll buy and always sell for good money too.
Teng do reasonable kit that would also be worth a look. Any idea what you’re prepared to spend?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
There's a decent brand of circlip pliers which I can't remember the name of, but basically they are a 2in1 action so that you flip the lever and they go from an opening style to a closing style.

Might be worth a search, saves you buying two pairs.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
There's a decent brand of circlip pliers which I can't remember the name of, but basically they are a 2in1 action so that you flip the lever and they go from an opening style to a closing style.

I’d be interested to see if they’re any good. I’ve never seen a decent pair of those multi purpose pliers as they all seem to collapse when you put them under load imo.
The flip over bit is also cumbersome on all the ones I’ve seen. Would be cool to see a decent pair if there is such a thing.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member

Snap on do them, mate has them but I’m not a fan of them

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
As long as you prime them before using them everytime then you should be sound. Most people don't prime them, they just connect water and power and pull the trigger until the air comes out🤦‍♂️😂

1/4 beam torque wrench from America (posted quicker than hermes) Hacked up a socket so can now measure torque required to turn steering rack.
Its a good job I didnt go with a 3/8s one because I just tried to turn the new oem rack I have and it was just about 1nm :ROFLMAO: I was expecting it to be a bit more than that, I have a reference point now anyway.

IMG_1225.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone recommend any decent circlip pliers that dont snap when they see a circlip?
So I bought 2 sets of Teng circlip pliers in the end. Used today and it makes a world of difference than messing around with rubbish ones 😂
20201111_174939.jpg

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Ordered myself one of these, it’s basically a manual impact wrench you hit with a hammer.
Been using my dads and it’s really good at cracking off really rusted screws where the gun was just chewing the heads off all the time.
A11BEA4A-2670-43FF-9548-58201DFAD2C1.jpeg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered myself one of these, it’s basically a manual impact wrench you hit with a hammer.
Been using my dads and it’s really good at cracking off really rusted screws where the gun was just chewing the heads off all the time.
View attachment 1507937
This set looks a lot better than mine. I think I only have a few bits for mine.

I was tempted to make an adapter for it so I could put any 3/8 bit on it then use the Halfords bits to smash the jesus out of things.