ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Whip

Evo 8 MR
Finally got myself into something decent after driving sheds for the last six months.

Got myself a set of KW V2's in the post already. :)

I've also got a set of 8000K bulbs but it's a bumper off job to fit them so they can sit in the glovebox for the time being.

I'm still getting used to the different power delivery but I love it so far. It just keeps pulling, even in 5th!

05051301.jpg

05051303.jpg

05051304.jpg

05051305.jpg

05051306.jpg

05051312.jpg

05051314.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Jesus i love these.

They are so cheap now! We can pick them up for 5k now! So so much car for the money!

Just ashame tax is so f**king ridiculous on them!

Evo 8 MR
Jesus i love these.

They are so cheap now! We can pick them up for 5k now! So so much car for the money!

Just ashame tax is so f**king ridiculous on them!

I found they weren't very common in the uk at all, I guess the tax has something to do with it. Bose sound system as standard too btw.

Good family wagon that ;)

Haha, it was either this or an evo so either way I was going to have something with more than two doors.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Awesome mate, loved mine! Nice mix of comfort and speed, and mine was pretty good on track too. I'd have another no bother if I wasn't saving for a house

2007 clio dynamique
These seem a good buy for the money, insurance is cheap aswell but as someone already said the road tax is very high, the standard bose stereo is pretty good though

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
These seem a good buy for the money, insurance is cheap aswell but as someone already said the road tax is very high, the standard bose stereo is pretty good though

The cheap insurance offsets the extra tax though, so in the long run it doesn't really make that much difference, but people don't think like that and just see 450 quid a year tax and run a mile

Mk1 focus
Nice, in the best colour too. Has it had the dsc module changed? Although there not a common in the MPS as in the sport.

Evo 8 MR
Good cars.

How are you finding Aus?

Fantastic, best decision I ever made moving here.

How much did you pay in AUD$ if you don't mind me asking?

To you it will probably seem like a lot but I paid $18,000 for it which is a steal considering it's been so well looked after. These normally go for around $23,000 to $25,000.

I saw this on Facebook - nice motor Steve. Are you staying over there for good now?

Yep, my current visa entitles me to stay here until 2017 but before this expires I will be able to apply for permanent residency.

Nice, in the best colour too. Has it had the dsc module changed? Although there not a common in the MPS as in the sport.

​Not that I'm aware of no.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What you doing over there Steve? You and the missus?

Monaco 172
That seems very cheap for Oz, I'm moving over in September for 2 years in the hope of getting sponsorship so was just wondering on the cost of decent cars over there :) Cheers buddy, nice example!

Evo 8 MR
That seems very cheap for Oz, I'm moving over in September for 2 years in the hope of getting sponsorship so was just wondering on the cost of decent cars over there :) Cheers buddy, nice example!

Good luck to you pal. Do it now while you can, there's talk of cutting back on the amount of sponsorship visas being handed out.

Evo 8 MR
KW V2 coilovers fitted. They were really simple to fit, only I had to drill out the top mounts for the rear dampers so that it would sit over the thread.

I also noticed that the big bracket for the abs wire gets in the way of the thread on the front so they can't be wound all the way down.

Feels much better to drive now, I think it improves the look of the car as a whole and it feels more like what I'm used to. I also notice that they seem to have a preset amount of camber, I thought it would be adjustable but it saves me having to get it setup I guess.

12051316.jpg