ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Official EA CS.net Nurburgring Road Trip Media Thread

SQ5
Right, so we are all back and 99% in one piece. Amazing trip away with great company!

We left our homes around midnight last Thursday/Friday and arrived at Dover for the 6am ferry crossing. We ended up at the Nurburgring campsite around 4pm after a slow trek through Europe.

Had a great Saturday and Sunday just taking it all in and sampling local foods and of course the track itself. Also very depressed about how great the local roads were. I definitely drove harder on them than the 'Ring!

Anyway to kick of this thread whilst my photos and videos upload Dan's (dmallett) video sums everything up quite nicely :)

[video=vimeo;43048388]https://vimeo.com/43048388[/video]

https://vimeo.com/43048388

Everyone else get posting with a nice little write up too ;)

Mercedes C320!
I am so glad i wasn't the only one who drove harder on the road than the track! Me and my mate found this one road down a mountain about 15 mins away from the ring, and it goes on for bout 3 miles and we was driving it so hard we both cooked our brakes...Bad!

Glad you had a good time... I really can't wait to go back! I have the bug now :(

Best trip ever! I want to be back, and we did have a lot of fun on the roads (especially leading to the campsite) as well as the track.

Photos in no order.
IMG_4025_d.jpg

IMG_6424_Touristenfahrten27052012.jpg

GOPR0602.jpg

GOPR0606.jpg

GOPR0628.jpg

GOPR0629.jpg

GOPR0630.jpg

GOPR0631.jpg

GOPR0634.jpg

GOPR0635.jpg

GOPR0638.jpg

GOPR0746.jpg

GOPR0755.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0014-1.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Trafic 140dci
Brilliant Video mate well done :) Mine are in the process of uploading, here is as far as i have got so far...

Still have 2x video's to upload and my pictures are about 80% done.

Last edited by a moderator:
  SQ5
I am so glad i wasn't the only one who drove harder on the road than the track! Me and my mate found this one road down a mountain about 15 mins away from the ring, and it goes on for bout 3 miles and we was driving it so hard we both cooked our brakes...Bad!

Glad you had a good time... I really can't wait to go back! I have the bug now :(

The road that goes into Adenau and comes out at Rewe? I did my brakes too, even got the handbrake on for the hairpins ;)

Trafic 140dci

Another video, just of track action, none of our lot, i have one which features Rhys but it's quite long and will take ages to upload so will do it tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mercedes C320!
Yep thats the one i think! I thought my mates R26 was gunna set on fire with the amount of smoke coming out the wheels lol! Yer the hairpins are amazing aswell! We went to that pinocchio place...their pizza's are massive!

Mercedes C320!
You did loads better than me...I still had about a quarter left...Altho you did chicken out ;) I had the hot and spicy one!

what speed was you's hitting on the Autobahns?

pimp mobile Zafira
cracking shots and vids. Cant wait to get back. Epic weekend with epic company. Thanks for making Jim and I feel so welcome.

Clio 182 FF
Pizzas from pinocchio's are stupidly big I couldn't even manage half of one! Looks like you had a great trip, I wanna go back :(

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
as said,fantastic pics,vids and cars!
loving that flamer too with the track wheels in the first pics,looks superb.
im also starting to lust after the looks of the ph1's now.
look much more agressive from the front.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Looks an awesome trip

Those pizza's!! I hope thy do a kids meal/small one, I'd struggle tbh

Phase 2 172 Sport
Actually looks like you guy's had such an epic trip. Makes me feel like i need to get my ass over there !!

clio 172 cup 03
That looks really good fun...... camping, and clios looking good for track. I'd love a trip over there. Where did you camp?

ph1 172
Found a couple of images but am fed up with scanning through tens of sites to find them so this is it;)

535751_2796118562137_1833669337_1672822_1936169533_n.jpg

389713_295767883850646_215310748563027_632439_384575032_n.jpg

We caught this M3 and stuck on its tail hard for the last 3rd of the lap:) Couldn't get past as my engine is weedy on the straights;)

Also, the "driveshaft" noise that I was getting on the way home turns out to be a completely shot AST damper. Will remove them tonight and contact Curtis. Not impressed as these are brand new

Also for some reason my power steering pump can boil its fluid faster than my kettle?! Really does my head in and cannot tell why?

Other than that, it was a phenomenal trip and thoroughly enjoyed it:D

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Found a few pics of mine but takes so long to find them on websites!

On 2 wheels! lol
7288450294_6664bc30cf_o.jpg
IMG_1898.jpg
My fave one ive found
IMG_5889.jpg
IMG_8411.jpg

SQ5
I would, I'm gutted I didn't go out more and get better photos.

I will be getting a canvas of one and one of the track to replace to old canvas on my canvas wall :)

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
dmallet, did your car spend some time in Bedford before this trip? I think it was yours I saw. If it was, it looked amazing