ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The only good thing about rain

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
This is really the only thing rain is good for, a nice bit of heading action.
14b46f20.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
A 'coat' of polish doesn't really make sense. :eek:

Get a decent wax on there. It doesn't have to be fancy.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Megs products are great. A polish is normally a cutting compound though... so it can't really have a 'coat' of it. There's no real protection there.

If you want some protection and you're not into detailing that much, polish it with the Meguire's stuff you already got and then use a really durable wax.

Collinite 476S would be perfect, it lasts ages and it's super durable. Perfect if you're not into it that much and just want protection.

I'm a bit of an OCD detailer myself...

4f3362da.jpg

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
Megs products are great. A polish is normally a cutting compound though... so it can't really have a 'coat' of it. There's no real protection there.

If you want some protection and you're not into detailing that much, polish it with the Meguire's stuff you already got and then use a really durable wax.

Collinite 476S would be perfect, it lasts ages and it's super durable. Perfect if you're not into it that much and just want protection.

I'm a bit of an OCD detailer myself...

4f3362da.jpg
The things you learn, cheers for the advice.

Nice car btw.

133/225/CLS AMG
Nothing hugely wrong with Meguiars products, in fact their #16 or #26 are very good and some of their off the shelf products are perfectly good.

Sadly their Gold Class range isn't much cop. I've used the liquid wax a while back and it looked nice enough but the protection lasted a few weeks at most. There's better protection out there for the same money even from the same manufacturer.

Difference with wax and polish, polish gives the nice shine, wax protects that shine.

133/225/CLS AMG
That's very impressive for that Finkishkare, I knew it lasted a long time but never left it that long!!

Phase 2 172 Sport
Well impressed with all this beading and always wondered what was the correct order to polish and wax a car. Dooooh :banghead:

Ph 1 172, Focus 1.6
Cheers for the advice guys.

I've just ordered some collinite 476s so hopefully I'll have some decent protection from now on.