ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Panda and Ph1's replacement

Those people who know me knew I have been looking for a new car to replace the Panda and also my Ph1 which I recently sold. Could no longer justify having two cars and wanted something different from a Renault. Have spent the last month looking at a number of options and wanted something mint, low mileage and fun to drive. After looking at some right sheds I went to look at a Golf GTi Mk V yesterday. Did a back to back comparison with a Civic Type R and made a choice. Did a great deal and pick the car up tomorrow

And the winner is:

11498256015_25932315ba_c.jpg

More pics to follow I am sure. Totally smitten with it and don't care that it is the lesser type R it is still one hell of a car.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Very nice pete! These seem amazing value compared to the (imo) massively overpriced EP3.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely Pete. Definitely the best choice. Even if it has zero rear view!

Cheers for all the positive comments. Really looking forward to picking it up tomorrow. The mirrors more than compensate for the lack of rear view from the back window. My son's coming round tomorrow night to teach me how to use the sat nav and telephone connection and every other bit of electrical kit, as I was just absorbed in driving it yesterday. It's got a light to tell me when vtec has kicked in Yo.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Why do you need rear view? Genuine question. I've never understood that as a criticism.

Lols. Just generally to see out the back?

It was more said in jest but they are horrific. Love the Fn2 though.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Having driven both the ep3 does drive and ride better but the fn2 is such a nicer place to be and interior feels a lot more modern.

The brakes are definitely a weak point though fade from road driving is less than ideal!

Good choice mind!

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Didn't see that one coming. Looks nice tho mate.

Hope it's fun enough to keep you entertained

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I really like these. Cant understand why these are so cheap compared to EP3's..

E92 325D
I've a lad on my instagram, sold his clio 200 for one of these....its now supercharged and im totally jealous.

Epic cars. Love them.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Love them. Rear view doesn't bother me as I've always been fine driving vans?

Cracking purchase, but I have no idea what they go for money wise?

I've seen them at dealers for £7500!

ST
Love these, nearly bought a black GT edition on 19's with Xenons and Recaro's but the 200 won out of the two cars.

Swift Sport
Very tempted by one myself, I quite enjoyed driving them although I did think the ride was poor.

Can you get gruppe-M's for these?

Phoned LV this morning to swap insurance over.
The woman said "Has it got a tracker?"
Me "I don't know"
LV woman "We can't cover it for theft if it hasn't got a tracker fitted"
Me, "This is a second hand Honda Civic not a Porsche or expensive supercar"
LV woman, "I'm sorry that is what we expect."
Me, "I will find out and let you know"
LV woman, "Oh and we can't insure your son on the car. There is an age limit of 30 on this car."
Me: Well I guess you cannot move away from what your computer screen tells you."
LV woman, "That will be £43.00 extra how do you want to pay?"
Me, "Through the nose please and next time please use lube"

Funnily enough she didn't find that funny.

Now I've got a real dilemma, do I buy a tracker and pay for all that entails or do I find an Insurer that is actually user friendly.

Apart from that I've learned that the Civic is still well planted in heavy rain and gale force winds. Wonder what it is like on a dry road. Also discovered launch control tonight and really want a dry road. Frightened my son's girl friend into silence.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'd try a different insurer first Pete. Tracker is a hassle and not overly cheap compared to a slight hike in insurance costs. You'll need to pay the annual tracker fee aswell.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A tracker for a honda civic??

Go somewhere else mate! Direct line is always good for the elderly. Or Saga.

Swift Sport
That's the most bizarre criteria from an insurance company... Must have a Tracker!?!?

Someone's having a laugh at your expense!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Back on topic, i'll be eagerly waiting for your review of this car, having never been in a type R before. (I've owned a 2.2 diesel and a 1.8)

Swift Sport
Anyone who rides in an EP3 with a Gruppe-M (or copy) induction kit and doesn't think the Vtec kick is awesome is either a liar or a dullard.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The vtec thingy is cool, but it gets very tiresome driving everywhere at 8000rpm.