ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

Clio 1.6 16V
My 16V Ph1

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
I made the four hour drive down to Retro Rides Gathering at Shelsey Walsh last weekend, was definitely worth the trip. Managed to get my car on the Turbo Renault stand alongside some very nice motors, and I did a little bit of Phase 1 spotting in the car park. I took a couple of photos with my decent camera, so if any of the owners want the full resolution picture they're more than welcome to message me!

IMG_4242.JPEG

IMG_8952.jpg

IMG_8948.jpg

IMG_8944-2.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks! I'd be interested to know how many were made in that spec but cant find much that is official. I've been told it must be one of a handful left in goodwood green with a manual gearbox.
Yeah cant be many at all, ph1 initiales were rare anyway, never mind in manual and that's before you get to the colour!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
My E34 needs to sell so I can get some funds to paint my Ph1 and get it finished. Then will be worthy of another post in here. But do I just get it painted titanium or change it to Odyssey?
Seats being fitted next month then need to organise a wheel refurb too.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Bought this rusty one in recently, This years winter runner, Shame as its pretty cool but sills are as good as gone! Structural underseal i think they call it.

Attachments

• 20211110_115851.jpg
    20211110_115851.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 116
  • 20211110_115847.jpg
    20211110_115847.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 111

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
And yes, I am retarded. I Started another 'resto' on my track car that needed a small patch. 🤦‍♂️🤣

Attachments

• 20211020_200338.jpg
    20211020_200338.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 101

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Mad! Yeah the sunroof is now sealed shut with ct1 as it was constantly leaking. The car is so origional and pretty clean but its soooo rusty.
Was this sunroof on it from 'new'? 🤣
I'll try mind give you a message back later on fb! 🙈
Thats BOB!!!! my mate had that from a few months old, the unsolved story of the sunroof lol
View attachment 1569341

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Mad! Yeah the sunroof is now sealed shut with ct1 as it was constantly leaking. The car is so origional and pretty clean but its soooo rusty.
Was this sunroof on it from 'new'? 🤣
I'll try mind give you a message back later on fb! 🙈
haha no rush pal!

he owned it from a few months old I'm sure and it always had a sunroof in the time he had it, I assume either the first owner or the dealer had some aftermarket thing carried out

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
haha no rush pal!

he owned it from a few months old I'm sure and it always had a sunroof in the time he had it, I assume either the first owner or the dealer had some aftermarket thing carried out
Great idea at the time i'm sure 🤣 shame though as its pretty much signed the cars death certificate 😬
Looks to still be on the same plates etc too 😅