ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Ph1 8v

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Thought id make a project thread for this car since its going to be with me for a while..

Managed to find this little car for £35
T reg 1.2 8v 95k on the clock..
Was garaged for 18months before i found it and took it off the guys hands.
I was unaware of the cars problems at the time all i knew is that the bottom end was knocking...

So i got the car back to the garage to give it a look over

Only took a few pics of it

N/S Rear Quarter
dsc01635a.jpg

O/S Rear Quarter
dsc01638y.jpg

dsc01646s.jpg

Then I Began To Really Get Into It And Find The Problems!

-Battery *cked
-Central locking doesnt work
-Front lights are fogged up and light barely gets through
-Key mark down the drivers side rear quarter and part of the door
-One of the rear lights cracked
-Rear bumper cracked
-Front bumper mounts broken
-Passenger side rear quarter dented
-Boot Dented
-Back box rusted away
-Rear exhaust mount broken
-Needs new discs and pads on the front
-Rear brakes need sorted out
-And the bigger problem the engine, the big end bearings are shot at :dapprove:
-No M.O.T (but will pass once im done with it:D)
-No tax

Day 1:
I changed the front brakes, readjusted the rear brakes, replaced the brake fluid and changed the battery. Repaired the front bumper mounts and fitted the chavvy backbox, and lexarse lights :dapprove: (Temporary)
dsc01648t.jpg

Decided to work into the night and removed the engine ready for the new one to be fitted

Day 2:

Didnt get much done on this day as i was quite busy at work. Just did a brief check over to see what it would need for M.O.T couldnt see any problems...

Day 3:
M.O.T day after getting the new engine in i took her in and left it with the M.O.T station 2 hours later i recived a phone call telling me the car passed with no probelms! Obviously i was chuffed :cool: I also finished refurbing(ish) my 172 wheels so got these fitted, i lost the pic of this though :dapprove:

Day 4:
Got the car taxed :cool: and recived some brand new 60mm lowering springs off a mate who scrapped his clio so got them fitted that day. Its settled alot and looks way better :cool:

dsc01670yg.jpg

Day 5:
Was a couple weeks since i did anything with the car, woke up to find a rather large package in the kitchen i open it up to find a set of dual optic head lights :cool: so i set out fitting those and getting them wired up.

Gave the car a qick wash and decided to grab some pics

bild0684u.jpg

bild0682.jpg

bild0685.jpg

bild0686d.jpg

bild0688.jpg

Day 6:
Again not much progress with the car as im busy with work and trying to source parts (Front and rear bumper and boot lid) but i did get around to changing the unholy back box and lexarse lights for standard back box and some Ph1 Lights. (Cs will now approve!) :rasp:

dsc01711hy.jpg

As of now the car is at a stand still...

Im still on the look out for Bumpers and a Bootlid (i may have sourced a Ph1 172 front bumper) just waiting for the seller to confirm a price and if its deffo Pearl Black, if i get this then the car will become a Ph1 Rep :cool:

Future plans:
Ph1 Rep.... Mayb
Ph2 Side Strips
Get bodywork sorted (next month i hope!)
Ph1/Ph2 Interior
Might try to convert the windows to electric!

She come a long way in the 2months iv owned it i think :D

C+C!

Mark

Last edited:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Cheers guys, hopefully il get it into the bodyshop next week to have the rear quarters and doors resprayed then she'l look much better :approve:

just the bumpers i cant find :mad:

non sport
well done mate, looks imense compared to when you got it, done alot to it...think some keskin alloys would look mint on it;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Nice cheap fix up, keep it up dude.

Cheers :D

Looks promising. Keep up the hard work.

How much do you think you have spent on it so far?

erm including the car about £250? ish..

well done mate, looks imense compared to when you got it, done alot to it...think some keskin alloys would look mint on it;)

Yeah they might look good but i have different plans for it :D

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Just bought a ph1 172 front bumper :D

now i jst need to find someone selling pearl black wings :dead:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
haha yeah i couldnt wait to get them off the exhaust was far to loud and and the lights well...

Onwards and Upwards! :D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Good to see a project up, if you are going to make a rep I think you need skirts too??

Keep up the good work, once you've had the few bits painted that need doing, give it a damn good wash, polish, wax, then get it out in some nice bright sunlight and take some good pics. :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
im unsure on the rep idea atm, iv told the guy to keep the bumper on hold, while i try and source wings/skirts and a grille... its something i want to do as it would be quite fun :D but with limited funds etc it might be hard :(

id like to get it on the CS stand this year (as a ph1 rep) so im pushing to see if i can make that happen!

Someone with a black ph1 get rear-ended :eek:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work buddy, I much prefer Ph2 rears though but hey anything is better than the ghastly ones that were on before :p

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
nice one mate, she looks dandy today :D

see you again soon :D

yeah it aint to bad just needs a little more work, deffo needs spacers... from looking at it today, when funds allow she'l be getting the works!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Nice work buddy, I much prefer Ph2 rears though but hey anything is better than the ghastly ones that were on before :p

i tried some ph2 lighs on before the ph1 and i much prefered the look of the Ph1 lights against the black.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
One thing, is there a reason you are only looking for black wings? I thought you could get stuff painted for a reasonable fee? Should ask steve/joshydee for any colour ph1 wings!

If you have trouble with the wings, sod the rep and just colour code the whole thing, will look lovely lowered, full colour coded: Bumpers, bump strips, mirros, and door handles.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Absolute bargain! Coming along well mate. Thank god you got rid of that awfull exhaust lol.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
is that all you paid!?!?! jesus... looks better than some already dude :D

yeah, im good at finding bargins :cool: i bought a bmw and a rover for less than £250 this week :D

and thanks, i still want ur car though :rasp:

One thing, is there a reason you are only looking for black wings? I thought you could get stuff painted for a reasonable fee? Should ask steve/joshydee for any colour ph1 wings!

If you have trouble with the wings, sod the rep and just colour code the whole thing, will look lovely lowered, full colour coded: Bumpers, bump strips, mirros, and door handles.

I used to be able to get stuff painted cheap but he got laid off :dapprove: so im back to the expencive painting lol.
I might go down the fully coded route if the rep idea doesnt work out, and if funds allow im gonna drop it on coilovers instead of springs :cool:

Absolute bargain! Coming along well mate. Thank god you got rid of that awfull exhaust lol.

i thought most of CS would approve of that little change :rasp:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
you know i do paintwork....

i know but i kinda forgot :eek:

how much would u charge to colour code my car then, its prob gonna be cheaper than getting 2 wings, skirts etc sprayed lol. :cool:

I need to get the bodywork sorted out before i do anything else lol

alien green rs133
i know but i kinda forgot :eek:

how much would u charge to colour code my car then, its prob gonna be cheaper than getting 2 wings, skirts etc sprayed lol. :cool:

I need to get the bodywork sorted out before i do anything else lol

dude it would be purely a time thing, plus materials.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
haha i did have a fair bit of cash, but the mrs bday came, then ma brothers, then valentines day, then the bmw and rover :eek:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I want some new wheels!

Ideas anyone!?

Oh and ideas for the actual car :eek:

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Not many updates really but i have a ph2 rear bumper coming this week :)

Couple pics from 2 weeks ago

dsc01344o.jpg

dsc01346c.jpg

dsc01340m.jpg

dsc01339y.jpg

dsc01347c.jpg

dsc01348q.jpg

dsc01349v.jpg

Will hopefully have the new bumper on before the weekend then il be off to see hutchie about a cat back exhaust. Providing it aint to loud :eek:

R27, Deep Black
I don't like non sport ph1's but dam you have done a great job transforming this thing around. Looking good :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I don't like non sport ph1's but dam you have done a great job transforming this thing around. Looking good :)

Non sport ftw, im thinking about buying a sport engine and dropping it in, something for me to do over summer... make lil sleeper :cool:

if i ever get stuck in a dune i know who to call!! your a thrifty bugger!! lol

knowsit