ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The postman brought me these today!(Seats)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
84f9d5eb.gif

b530af0a.gif

c4a25b55.gif

620983a2.jpg

fcd0fef6.gif

:D :D :D Got the side mounts - Just need subframes to get them to fit!

Now im off to Mansfield to get my suspension set up :cool:

Luke.

172 Cup
Really want some of these, my favourite seat at the moment. Hurry up and get them fitted so we can see the pics!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Good one, will look good... thought you may of bought treadlines or recliners tho...Never heard of Bimarco before.

500 Twinair
Those seats look good, from JMS?
Let us know how the setup of the suspension goes, am interested in a set of these.

Titanium 182
How does the susp feel Luke ? the ride I mean not the handling, I want some ktr coils but are they crashy as fook ?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Good one, will look good... thought you may of bought treadlines or recliners tho...Never heard of Bimarco before.

Sat in some recliners ali and didn't think that they offered much more support than the standard items so i thought I may aswell do it properly. Treadlines are also £££££

In an ideal world id have bought some Recaro pole positions but again, they are £££££ (were not mult millionaires down south you see :rasp:)

Bimarco aren't known in England very much. More Europe.

http://www.bimarco.pl/

The seats are also very comfy. I sat in T26TGT (toms) before I bought them and thats what swayed it for me.

Got them at a great price too!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
How does the susp feel Luke ? the ride I mean not the handling, I want some ktr coils but are they crashy as fook ?
They are FAAR from crashy mate. And im not just saying it because I have bought a set...

If they were s**t id have taken them off by now. The ride is 'harsher' then OEM but not so much that parents notice the difference.... They absorb bumps beautifully too, couldn't believe it! Only gripe with them is the camber setup is a bit strange but its not all that bad!

340i
Wouldn't you be better having the suspension set up after we fit the seats? ;)

the weight difference will be around 60'ish kg over the car taking out your rear seats and fitting buckets!!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Wouldn't you be better having the suspension set up after we fit the seats? ;)

the weight difference will be around 60'ish kg over the car taking out your rear seats and fitting buckets!!

They weigh f**k all. 8kg each i think. Can pick them both up easy...

Why would i be better getting it set up after? :eek:

Titanium 182
They are FAAR from crashy mate. And im not just saying it because I have bought a set...

If they were s**t id have taken them off by now. The ride is 'harsher' then OEM but not so much that parents notice the difference.... They absorb bumps beautifully too, couldn't believe it! Only gripe with them is the camber setup is a bit strange but its not all that bad!

Sounds good ! am I gonna need camber correcting bolts ?

Because the susp will sit higher with them fitted at a guess.

Last edited:
  Mini JCW
Smart seats you have there luke:approve:

Surely because the reduction in weight will require the suspension being lowered a touch more in order to account for the weight reduction?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Im still gonna get it done. Not 100% sure when these are going in and dont wanna wreck my tyres. I will get it adjusted afterwards:)

340i

Oh god... I do wonder sometimes Luke!!

Standard seat 33kg each = 66kg

rear bench etc = 40kg?

And your fitting new seats which weigh no more than 25kg total ;)

the car height will change a fair amont

340i

Oh god... I do wonder sometimes Luke!!

Standard seat 33kg each = 66kg

rear bench etc = 40kg?

And your fitting new seats which weigh no more than 25kg total ;)

the car height will change a fair amont

how can you not have heard of them they are plastered across this website?

they look brilliant, little snug for me but will fit your teen hips perfectly

Bus w**ker
Luke you won't wreck your tyres by not getting the geo done right away and waiting until you've got the car stripped and buckets in, well not enough that you'd notice dodgy wear unless you leave it for months on end. Plus you'd have to get the car setup again once you've done the stripping as you will be running the wrong geo and as I'm guessing you're planning to keep the buckets in and car stripped you'll then be trashing your tyres fo' sho'!

LOL I do wonder at times if you really go to uni, impatient little get. :rasp:

RS Twingo 133
For the same weight effect you could leave your standard driver's seat in but take out your passenger and rear bench. Then it should about match up when you replace the one drivers seat with 2 buckets...

A loss of 50kg's at the front of the car will make next to bu66er all difference to the ride height,

Assuming your running 400lbs springs at a 1-1 ratio, removing the 110lb seats will raise the car less than 4mm, hardly worth worrying about :rolleyes: (and that's if all the weight is directly over the front axle, as it's split between the 2, your probably looking at raising the ride height slightly over 2mm max)

I'd be more concearned if he was having the car corner weighted and then removed the front and rear seats.

Go for it Luke :rasp:

Chris

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Sat in some recliners ali and didn't think that they offered much more support than the standard items so i thought I may aswell do it properly. Treadlines are also £££££

In an ideal world id have bought some Recaro pole positions but again, they are £££££ (were not mult millionaires down south you see :rasp:)

The seats are also very comfy. I sat in T26TGT (toms) before I bought them and thats what swayed it for me.

Good on ya! Cars starting to look as good as it once did! :)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
you should have said you were coming to mansfield! i've got the day off!

White ds3

but surely by the time you buy the seats, subframes and harnesses you may as well baught some trendlines??

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Nice, but i prefer the Bimarco logo below the harnesses holes.
Yeh so do I mate... But got a good price on them so i'm not complaining.

but surely by the time you buy the seats, subframes and harnesses you may as well baught some trendlines??

Iv said why I haven't bought Treadlines/recliners above...

They offer f**k all extra support in the corners than the standard items - They just look pretty... These were also considerably less than treadlines with subframes/harnesses etc.

Any way, just got back from Mansfield! Have to say the guys who set it up really know their stuff!

Turns out my rear axel is running more camber on one side than the other :eek: So I MAY need some shims to correct this... Here is the before and after setup...

geo1.jpg

geo2.jpg

(to look at proper your gonna need to save it to your PC and rotate it :eek:)

Any who - Car handles mint now. Gonna let it bed in a bit first then take it back to the guys for it to be checked (FOC :star::star:).

Thanks,
Luke.