ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
He sure is, he’s spent the last 20 minutes playing in iCue to get the colours how he wants them 😂

Haha I've gone full nerd spec and colour coded (green for movement, blue equipment etc.) my keys for each game with the Logitech software lol.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Still appreciate the consistency of our 150MBPS Hyperoptic package. Not ground-breaking by any stretch but works well for online gaming and downloads in general.

View attachment 1487758
I can only dream....

1596829006431.png

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
now I need some advice on decent mouse and keyboard combos if you would be so kind 👍

I've always used Logitech stuff ("always" as in bought a mouse and keyboard 10+ years ago and only upgraded in the past couple of years to more gamer focused kit). The new mouse has been the only thing to give me problems (dodgy switches) so I'd just check reviews to see if that's an issue. The G - Hub software is a bit of a struggle to use as well.

Handy stuff for gaming is the ability to tweak the mouse DPI/sensitivity and have a few extra buttons on the sides of it (handy to slap armour on in COD lol). Being able to have different setups between games is nice too.

If there are keyboards in budget with extra customisable buttons that's handy as well. I've got some on the side set for muting voice chat (handy in the gulag by yourself), sound etc quickly in COD although to be fair you could just map them to anything you don't use!

Last edited:

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Seriously Daz my brain is fried already! so much stuff needed

If im not 720 no scoping within the week its getting sold! ;)

The load times on HDD when on PC is more notice than console.

You’ll want at least a 500gb, 1TB if you
can get one for a decent price.

Also, you might want to get a decent cooler for the CPU. Which one is up for debate, I think @Jonnio runs AMD.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I've got a stupidly big Be Quiet one on there that blocks a fecking RAM slot lol (unless the fan can be switched to the other side :unsure: ).

I'd just use it as is for a while and see how you get on lol.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Razer seem to do decent peripherals, and if you care about the lighting, having the same brand makes it easy to sync up.
I went for a huntsman elite and the basilisk ultimate and have not been disappointed, not a fan of wired mice.

Just avoid their laptops, seemingly nothing but horror stories with them.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Logitech G305 wireless mouse here, it’s been great.

I like a smaller mouse and one that’s a traditional shape rather than all ergonomic.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Genuine question, why do people need a mouse mat to be nearly one METER wide lol?! Keep the keyboard on it too?
Yeah i have my keyboard on it too. I'm very handed when typing so it gives a slight but of cushion. People complain about how clacky my keyboard is😂😂

Razer Deathadder elite for the mouse

If you want an SSD pm me @withoutabix, you can have one of my spare Samsung ones mate

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Me and a friend have both gone through a couple of Deathadders in our time, they wear out but they're good mice.

Logitech Proteus is also a very good one, took years of moba gaming (lots of clicks) and never gave up, lovely click action too. Sadly I broke it in a move and went back to Deathadders after that as I'd stopped playing clicky games.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Well my build seems to have gained a problem. Turned on the other day, all looks good but no signal to the monitor.

MB showing a light on the DRAM. Swapped ram about, removed graphics card, tried other monitor/cables.

Not sure how to test anymore without throwing parts at it? Surely atleast one stick of ram would work if it was that?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Well my build seems to have gained a problem. Turned on the other day, all looks good but no signal to the monitor.

MB showing a light on the DRAM. Swapped ram about, removed graphics card, tried other monitor/cables.

Not sure how to test anymore without throwing parts at it? Surely atleast one stick of ram would work if it was that?

Connect a speaker to the MB and you should get error beeps (as long as the mobo is not dead)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Best thing is to find a chilled game that allows you to just play about and get used to it.

Stick with it, give it 2 weeks and it'll be like you've always played on K&M.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
If you’ve tried both dimms and you’ve got the RAM error light on then it does sound like an issue with the RAM bus. Have you tried removing cmos battery (and mains power) for a full reset?

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
@withoutabix How is the ascension to the PCMR going with COD?

Ermm I’m just playing around in the BR training section with bots. It’s actually made me quite dizzy so I’ve come off for abit dunno what that’s about haha

but ye dunno atm can see why it’s advantageous to use a mouse for aiming etc not sure on the movement and keyboard stuff atm seems overly complicated and easy to press the wrong button, I keep losing my position on the keyboard and have to look down a lot of the time. I know it’s all part of the learning just frustrating atm

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
So the beast arrived yesterday and it's a thing of beauty.
Currently only have a 60Hz 4K monitor so been ramping up the graphics settings without losing any real-world frame rates.
Jurassic World: Evolution runs beautifully at 4K60, as does Assetto Corsa and I must say, it's a joy using something so silky smooth.
Usual PC issues with random drivers refusing to update (I'm looking at you Intel Smart Storage) and system-wide keyboard shortcuts not working but other than that I am thoroughly enjoying it.
Could easily spend the next week on Euro Truck Sim2 with my G920.
View attachment 1482422

View attachment 1482423

What's the wall art/panel thing that you have on the far left? Looks great