ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
If there's one thing that makes my head ache is when people just bundle all their excess cable, stick a cable tie round it and then shove it in the back of the case "because nobody can see it"

That's like saying "I don't wash my c**k because I don't have a girlfriend"

Proper shitsniffers
:whistle:
You should see my cable "compartment".

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Yum ultrawide
E6E3C8AF-A331-47B9-9A17-58C0EDE4C15D.jpeg

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I've just ordered a new case. What's the chances I'll have everything swapped over from current case to new case, new Windows install done all before you've cracked open a box?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I've just ordered a new case. What's the chances I'll have everything swapped over from current case to new case, new Windows install done all before you've cracked open a box?

Which one have you gone for?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Phanteks P600S in White. Bigger than I'd hoped to go but the 330mm FTW3 card is just so big.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Nice, it's a bit of beast compared to mine but with a card that big you need the space!

Built in fan hubs are a great addition to cases too.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The increase in sound deadening is another plus. My current case has zero sound deadening so therefore I'm surprised you guys don't hear the fans through my mic when playing Warzone.

Perfect opportunity to do a fresh Windows install also.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I think I can hear mine sometimes then realise it's the heating 😂

I've set the top exhaust fan to run at 20% and it's still the loudest one in it, I need to swap it out for one of my noctua ones.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Does anyone think i have any chance at all of getting hold of a Ryzen 7 5800x tomorrow? also which B550 mother board would be best to go for? or an alternative? last and not lease will these fit in a Corsair 220T Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Side Panels (OEM – No Fans) (Black Colour ) ?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I had intended to build it today but my usb stick with windows on hasn’t been delivered. b*****d. Don’t really want to build it and just have it sitting there, I’d rather do the whole lot in one go.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone think i have any chance at all of getting hold of a Ryzen 7 5800x tomorrow? also which B550 mother board would be best to go for? or an alternative? last and not lease will these fit in a Corsair 220T Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Tempered Glass Side Panels (OEM – No Fans) (Black Colour ) ?
What form factor motherboard? And what's the budget?

Ebuyer have some deals with free next say delivery and cashback on MSI boards. This one has all the usual top end features plus wifi

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
What form factor motherboard? And what's the budget?

Ebuyer have some deals with free next say delivery and cashback on MSI boards. This one has all the usual top end features plus wifi
He has a mid size case so size and space shouldnt be an issue, as long it supports 5800x cpu, he runs a 2060 super card, and the monitor via dvi, its always got Lan as well, so wifi not really an issue, been looking at this :-

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
He has a mid size case so size and space shouldnt be an issue, as long it supports 5800x cpu, he runs a 2060 super card, and the monitor via dvi, its always got Lan as well, so wifi not really an issue, been looking at this :-

That's basically the B550 version of my B450. No complaints here, it's a good board.

Just depends whether the built in Wi-Fi is desirable or not. If not , you can't go wrong with the gigabyte board.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Good lord. £600 on a mobo.

Talk to me about NVMe - i've got a WD Blue 500gb system drive but i made the mistake of installing a game on it and now I cant go back to HDD speeds.
Anyone recommend a decent 1tb one? Is it worth getting pcie gen 4?
I had a heart attack when i read that...🤣

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
New case should arrive tomorrow so in preparation I've given the PC the old Windows fresh install. Dunno if its a Friday evening job or a Saturday job to swap everything over. Probably Saturday eh?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
New case should arrive tomorrow so in preparation I've given the PC the old Windows fresh install. Dunno if its a Friday evening job or a Saturday job to swap everything over. Probably Saturday eh?

I swapped mine over during the day so I could use it in the evening.