ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup

Anyone run this case? I fancy a change!

I've recently moved mine into the H210i, they're decent cases.

The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the included fans, only due to noise though.

The "i" versions come with a built in fan/fairy light hub which I found useful due to using mini itx.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've recently moved mine into the H210i, they're decent cases.

The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the included fans, only due to noise though.

The "i" versions come with a built in fan/fairy light hub which I found useful due to using mini itx.
Ive got my own quiet bois to transfer over so not bothered with any fans that come with. I also already have some fairly lights so thats not an issue! Seems a nice looking case for the $

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Ive got my own quiet bois to transfer over so not bothered with any fans that come with. I also already have some fairly lights so thats not an issue! Seems a nice looking case for the $

I didn't realise the non-i version of this was so cheap actually. Proper bargain.

My lad wants one for his pc, but with extra fairy lights 😂

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
One of my mates uses controller on PC and gets on ok, he says the aim assist doesn't work though.

Xim Apex would help with that 🤐

Apparently if you have the FOV set above 107 it stops aim assist working.

Wtf is a xim apex? Sounds like some knock off Chinese phone 😂

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I had a Xim Apex so I could use MNK on Xbox

Honestly they're f**king s**t, I spent more time getting everything set up properly that I might as well have just have practiced more with a controller😂😂

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Need a second monitor for the PC set up as i am going to add the PS5 to it.

What we think of this for the PS5? Any advice would be great!

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Need a second monitor for the PC set up as i am going to add the PS5 to it.

What we think of this for the PS5? Any advice would be great!

For that spec i'd sell you my Samsung 4k monitor for £150 ;)
but as above, you'll probably want something 120hz and hdmi 2.1 to make the most of the Ps5

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Ah ok!

any recommendations for 120hz and hdmi 2.1??
Zero monitors yet with 4k 120Hz and HDMI 2.1. Think March will be when the first batch start to release.

You could just by the 48" LG CX OLED TV?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've been looking at new monitors for my PC and for the PS5 too. Not having much luck really. There was a LG 27" 4K monitor i was kind of interested in think it was 27UL650 or 27UK650 monitor on Amazon but it's no longer available this was just within the last couple days.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
6B6CB9DE-FB7E-49FB-8389-59E822F887CE.jpeg

Much better. Ignore the mole grips.....

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've been looking at new monitors for my PC and for the PS5 too. Not having much luck really. There was a LG 27" 4K monitor i was kind of interested in think it was 27UL650 or 27UK650 monitor on Amazon but it's no longer available this was just within the last couple days.
Best waiting for HDMI 2.1 from what I’ve been reading

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Well done mate, does it work?
Well... so so

Boots up fine but can’t do anything on the monitor using display port cable....have to use hdmi in order to view bios etc. Will this maybe be rectified once everything’s updated?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
@Moonshot what Ikea desk do you have and would you recommend it? I'm looking at this one at the moment

No idea mate it’s literally unopened. I’ll check my inbox later to find the model

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Well... so so

Boots up fine but can’t do anything on the monitor using display port cable....have to use hdmi in order to view bios etc. Will this maybe be rectified once everything’s updated?

Have you installed Windows yet?

If it's not working then once all of the drivers are installed it should be fine. Failing that it could be a dodgy cable.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I had an issue where I couldn't get I to the bios for a bit. Changing the DP cable sorted it. Dunno why though.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Also. Get windows installed and then install your motherboards latest firmware. Do this before all else in case it bricks stuff up during.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
From January 2018:

So after a lot of Googling it appears I'm not alone in this issue.

The issue for you guys not getting a display is a handshaking problem between your GPU and monitor. The only resolution supported by UEFI is 1280X1024. If for some reason your GPU and TV/monitor don't handshake at that resolution, you'll see the splash screen but either get a garbled display or no display in UEFI. You'll also find you're fine when in Windows (for obvious reasons).

There is no fix for this from our side. The GPU VBIOS and monitor native resolution are where the problem lies. If the display you've connected does not handshake correctly with the GPU for whatever reason, it will likely default to its native resolution, and if that's anything other than 1280X1024 you've got a problem displaying UEFI. This happens with some TVs, projectors and monitors with certain GPUs. Older displays are more likely candidates for such problems, as are very high res monitors that use new conections ( DP 1.2 daisy chaining two monitors can create problems) . I suspect a VBIOS update from the GPU vendor might help, but chances of GPU vendors making specific VBIOS versions for this are unlikely. Only workaround is to connect a display that allows you to see UEFI or try using another method of connecting the GPU to the display (DVI instead of HDMI for example). Obviously, the latter is not a guaranteed workaround, as it depends how the display and GPU handshake on that output, too.

Problem seems to have appeared only after the 2nd last Nvidia driver update and the latest one didn't resolve it. So now if I want to enter the BIOS I've gotta plug the PC into the wee man's Xbox One S TV. Its not ideal but perfectly manageable.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Well... so so

Are you using the supplied displayport cable?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Are you using the supplied displayport cable?
Yes. Changed to hdmi now though and working ok. Would I benefit much from using display port instead?

Also, I was wondering why my 2TB sata m.2 SSD wasn’t showing up anywhere. After googling/YouTubing and remote help from a mate, the issue is with the m.2 slots on the board (did think it needed initialising in disk management, but it was nowhere to be seen, same in bios).

Only 1 slot supports both nvme and sata m.2, whilst the other only supports nvme. I must have them in the wrong way about (hopefully).