ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Just had this built for my 10yr old.

Gtx960 graphics card with 16gb ram so nothing at all compared to you lot.

I really don’t know much about pc’s and setups but he loves it.

View attachment 1514736
Looks sexy man!

I'm just building a battlestation style set up at the minute. Got the desk the other day and done a wire tuck/ cable management build on it. Well happy with how it's turning out so far.

Monitor stand for 2 monitors on the way then I'm deciding on whether to build a proper gaming set up!

IMG_20210109_182450.jpg
IMG_20210109_182419.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Looks sexy man!

I'm just building a battlestation style set up at the minute. Got the desk the other day and done a wire tuck/ cable management build on it. Well happy with how it's turning out so far.

Monitor stand for 2 monitors on the way then I'm deciding on whether to build a proper gaming set up!

View attachment 1514760View attachment 1514761
Drop me a message when you're ready to be a man and pack that PS4 away ;)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Drop me a message when you're ready to be a man and pack that PS4 away ;)
Hahaha could you point me in the right direction for parts? Spec me something decent?

I was into pc gaming about 12 years ago and remember building my first pc fondly but have absolutely no idea about stuff now. Consoles are just easy aren't they, brung it once and no need to bringed any parts until the new one comes out then just braughted that (when it is actually in shops and available to brang)

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Aye mate

Forgot to post this, I'm not a proper scruffy c**t but it just shows how dirty desk/mousepads get!

20210104_151606.jpg

I've only had this since September so those people that have had their years I bet they're GOPPING!!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
What sort of set up could I get with a budget of say £500-£600? If its no good then I'll probably just hold out as I won't use it thaaaaaat much
Tbh my first PC was about that

16GB RAM 2666MHz
Ryzen 5 2600
R9 390 Trix
B350m Pro4
Thermaltake Versa H12
Cryorig H7
Assortment of SSD's
Razer Deathadder elite
Razer BlackWidow Tournament edition
Acer GN24HL 144Hz

That was my PC and peripherals. Shop around 2nd hand and build it steadily. Dont do a @Moonshot and build it like you've got a tax deadline to beat😂😂

Inferno 225 cup
Since doing my lads I can majorly see the appeal of them.

All I’d be playing is warzone and escape tarkov, what can we build for around £1k everything including monitor in that price.

Inferno 225 cup
I’ve tried downloaded warzone from battle.net and from the cod warzone page.

Saved and run the program for it to initiate download and it’s stuck on this is, “calculating size” [emoji3166]
dc8e5e3c0c9f147d17259b9234afa793.jpg

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Tbh the blizzard launcher is janky at the best of times.
If no luck after a reboot/relaunch then maybe reinstall the blizzard launcher, alternatively, try installing the game in your user folder rather than directly into Program Files x86

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I nearly just bought a 3090 FE. I have no idea why, they were back in stock and selling at NVIDIA RRP. I don’t need one, even a 3080 would be overkill. I must be getting old, since I resisted.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I nearly just bought a 3090 FE. I have no idea why, they were back in stock and selling at NVIDIA RRP. I don’t need one, even a 3080 would be overkill. I must be getting old, since I resisted.
Really am curious as to where a 3080Ti is going to be pitched between these two. Assuming they release one as per previous generations of cards?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I’m amazed they’re looking at releasing another card when the supply chain can’t cope as it is TBH, but there’s no downside for NVIDIA in being able to sell every chip they can produce. 3080Ti is a dead cert, was due this month apparently but now looking like February. There’s a big gap between 3080 and 3090 tailor made for it to drop into.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I think I’m just going to overpay for a 3080ti. I can’t be arsed waiting around.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Announced is not the same as available though, christ alone knows when there will be any actually out there even once they've been announced - which we still don't know yet.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Every now and then I check what insane stuff Overclockers dumps out in terms of the 8Pack PCs.

Genuinely interested in who would buy something like this? I mean, having three 3090s onboard and SLi now strictly only being a two-card option these days - it clearly leaves the third 3090 for the secondary system within it.

It would steam through pretty much anything for the next 8 to 10 years - but at that cost. Strikes me as having a £200k supercar, but then spending £600k in having it coated with diamonds. It doesn't really make the end result any more desirable.

Still, there must be a market out there, or else such monsters wouldn't remain an actual product line to buy in the first place.

1610466504263.png

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
They do have some insane s**t on there, think they have/had a 10k one that was built into a desk.
Looks cool but can’t imagine they ship many whatsoever :LOL:

And you’ll still have to wait forever for a 3090

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Every now and then I check what insane stuff Overclockers dumps out in terms of the 8Pack PCs.

Genuinely interested in who would buy something like this? I mean, having three 3090s onboard and SLi now strictly only being a two-card option these days - it clearly leaves the third 3090 for the secondary system within it.

It would steam through pretty much anything for the next 8 to 10 years - but at that cost. Strikes me as having a £200k supercar, but then spending £600k in having it coated with diamonds. It doesn't really make the end result any more desirable.

Still, there must be a market out there, or else such monsters wouldn't remain an actual product line to buy in the first place.

View attachment 1515204

There's definitely a market for this stuff - 'cheap' GPU compute performance. It's not a massive market (nor is it aimed at gamers) but there are groups out there that welcome these workstation setups whilst having to work within comparatively limited budgets. Ideally, those groups would [no doubt] prefer something more supercomputer-like such as the nVidia DGX A100... but that has a starting price of around £180,000.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Suppose if you are a footballer or Rich business man its the same as normal person spending 1k on a computer, i hope my lad doesn't see it, i will have to buy a balaclava and revert to type.... 😂

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone have any experience of decent steering wheel mounts/frames? I’ve had the Logitech G29/920 wheel and pedal set sat around for ages and want to actually use the damn things 😂

Ideally something foldable, are the GT Omega ones still the go-to brand for this stuff?