ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
There's a reason they're available immediately 😉
Brilliant chairs, had to wait a few weeks for my Hero although I guess they are less popular than the brighter Secretlab chairs (which use the same frame as the Hero) which are no doubt more poplular with teens.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Has anyone actually been offered Win11 yet?
Na, I just did it manually, had it at work for a while and now also at home, no issues, gaming performance isnt affected which is obviously the most important thing :) Its fine as an OS goes, looks abit more modern and im not really interested in any new bells and whistles, had a few minor issues with my Dell dock at work, but thats expected as its utter shite.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Na, I just did it manually, had it at work for a while and now also at home, no issues, gaming performance isnt affected which is obviously the most important thing :) Its fine as an OS goes, looks abit more modern and im not really interested in any new bells and whistles, had a few minor issues with my Dell dock at work, but thats expected as its utter shite.

Funny you mention the Dell dock as mine doesn't work either so I got a £10 USB C to HDMI adapter as I only had the dock to connect to multiple screens.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Turns out it’s very easy to sell even a 1080Ti nowadays 🤣 37 inquiries and new owner just collected.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Turns out it’s very easy to sell even a 1080Ti nowadays 🤣 37 inquiries and new owner just collected.
It's no surprise when Nvidia stopped production of the 30 series cards on purpose to keep prices up.

F82 M4
Anyone interested in one? EVGA 1080Ti SC2. I've managed to get my 3080 Ti now so it's ready to go :) It comes with the powerlink adapter as well for tidier cables etc. £450 delivered. I've also got a 650w Superflower Gold fully modular PSU as well, £50 delivered

20211109_190204.jpg

20211109_190212.jpg

20211109_190218.jpg

20211109_190112.jpg

20211109_190107.jpg

F82 M4
Awesome man! Honestly it feels weird when you first start using it, but after a couple of days and zero back pain you realise it's the best thing you've bought :D

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I found that it's super firm on the back, they really don't mess around when they say it's an XL! I'm a 38-40" waist and I feel tiny in it🤣🤣

I'm already loving it 10 fold over my old chair!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Did you sell on ebay mate? I've just been let down for the 3rd time and getting a bit fed up time wasters.
Facebook marketplace and Gumtree with collection only.

1st dude to message me was on Facebook MP and he bought it. The other 30 something offers were probably 2:1 in favour of Gumtree.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I barely look at it tbh, it's just there because I'm in charge of our houses finances and Jess doesn't want it anywhere in the house where she can see it (probably for the best because she only obsesses over stupid s**t)
When the guy installed ours we didn't even take a screen. Think it tells us on the app but I don't wanna know how much the IT in my flat costs me a day

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Going to be selling my lads PC soon if anyone is interested, RTX2060, B550F motherboard with Ryzen 7 5800X CPU, pm if your interested and i will send over the fill spec, before it goes on the sale site.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Had a parcel turn up yesterday whilst out which was left in the back garden, couldn't think of anything I was expecting so it got left out most of the day until I remembered to get it in.

Opened it up, oh it's the extra RAM I ordered for my work laptop, totally forgot I'd even ordered it, 64GB worth (2 x 32GB).

Swapping out 2 of the 4 16GB modules for these to give me a bump up to 96GB, work didn't fancy springing for the full 128GB yet so still have some head room if needed in future :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Had a parcel turn up yesterday whilst out which was left in the back garden, couldn't think of anything I was expecting so it got left out most of the day until I remembered to get it in.

Opened it up, oh it's the extra RAM I ordered for my work laptop, totally forgot I'd even ordered it, 64GB worth (2 x 32GB).

Swapping out 2 of the 4 16GB modules for these to give me a bump up to 96GB, work didn't fancy springing for the full 128GB yet so still have some head room if needed in future :)

Why do you need so much ram in a laptop?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Use it to run demo and lab environments of the software I work with/sell.

The RAM the various virtual machines use to make up a decent environment soon adds up and tends to be the main limiting factor/bottleneck.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
How much in the end mate? I bagged my EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 from Scan the other week. £1480

I don't know mate as I didn't buy it in the end! It was the GPU that I wanted but, after waiting for so long, I thought I'd never get one and ended up buying the ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 OC Gaming (a few weeks ago) - for the bargain price of £2699. :ROFLMAO: I'm quite glad I bought it as I see they have now gone up to the 3k price bracket in the last few weeks! Ridiculous.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I don't know mate as I didn't buy it in the end! It was the GPU that I wanted but, after waiting for so long, I thought I'd never get one and ended up buying the ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 OC Gaming (a few weeks ago) - for the bargain price of £2699. :ROFLMAO: I'm quite glad I bought it as I see they have now gone up to the 3k price bracket in the last few weeks! Ridiculous.

Makes my PC build look great value atm 😂

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Just waiting on DDR5 to complete my new build :/
I'm the same. Though I ain't ordering any new motherboard and CPU until I have the DDR5 in my hand. Nae point in the warranty expiring on those sitting in a box for what could potentially be months.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
3k Jesus.

My work comp (which is at home) has a 3090 in it.... Pretty sure they would never know if it accidentally got replaced with something else.