ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Yes. Can’t find DDR5 anywhere and when it comes available the pricing is ridiculous.

F82 M4
Sold my M4, so need to soften the blow with a new PC. Just literally waiting on some DDR5 Ram and that's it. PSU is in my current build and cooler comes tomorrow :)

ROG.png

Full spec -

Intel i9 12900k
Lian Li Dynamic XL
Asus Hero Z690 motherboard
NO GOD DAMN RAM YET, but will be 32GB DDR5
Asus ROG Ryujin II 360 cooler
EVGA 3080 TI FTW3
Samsung 980 Pro 500GB M2
WD 2TB M2
WD 4TB HDD
Corsair LL120 Fans
Corsair 850w PSU
Some extra flashy RGB shizzle
Verticle GPU mount
SoundblasterX AE-5

Looking forward to playing nothing but Dota 2 on it 😂

Attachments

• IMG-20211222-WA0017.jpeg
    IMG-20211222-WA0017.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG-20211222-WA0017.jpeg
    IMG-20211222-WA0017.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I wouldn’t have bought anything without the RAM tbh. Your warranty is whittling away whilst not getting any use out of any of it. It could be months before you are able to get DDR5.

Also, unless you get the greater than 7000 kit good DDR4 is just as good but for a fraction of the cost

F82 M4
I wouldn’t have bought anything without the RAM tbh. Your warranty is whittling away whilst not getting any use out of any of it. It could be months before you are able to get DDR5.

Also, unless you get the greater than 7000 kit good DDR4 is just as good but for a fraction of the cost
I've just ended up getting 16GB from eBay for £200 as a temporary measure. Not ideal, but will tie me over until the one I want is available 🙂

F82 M4
NIGHTMARE :oops:

So I started building my PC Xmas Eve, just did the Motherboard, Case, M2 and Processor and left it all on the living room floor. Went up my sisters for Xmas etc, all good. Come home today and the PC has a sticky liquid residue all over it :oops: I think it's cat spray as I noticed a tomcat in my house last week that shouldn't have been there. It doesn't smell though?

Has a cat really pissed on my new PC?!

Best course of action? Eletronics cleaner and a proper dry out?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So, after owning various PCs over 29 years and working in IT for the last 24 of those - I recently tried using a monitor in portrait mode. O...M...G.

This was purely through necessity - in having three work monitors at home on a fairly short desk. But now that I've done this - I'm finding it to be my primary monitor. So many apps look and 'feel' better in this mode - Outlook, Teams and certainly Excel. As below, the forum is great too.

Nothing like being late to the party, eh? I feel like I've been doing the IT equivalent of driving automatics for all those years and have just discovered manual gearboxes. :p

View attachment 1569067
Back when I was doing more work in SQL Management Studio I ran a dedicated monitor in portrait mode. I absolutely loved it. Have since downsized from 3 screens to 2 now so have gone back to both being in landscape.

F82 M4
Why do you have a picture of Forrest Gump?
Because it's my favourite film, it's hand painted 😎

We're such a judgy lot aren't we.

How did you deal with the suspect cat piss?

Used electrical cleaner mate and just hoping for the best tomorrow when I pick the cooler and RAM up from Royal Mail. It's weird spraying liquid onto such expensive things but had to be done!

Anyway what's wrong with my rug? 😂

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Back when I was doing more work in SQL Management Studio I ran a dedicated monitor in portrait mode. I absolutely loved it. Have since downsized from 3 screens to 2 now so have gone back to both being in landscape.
I very nearly jumped into the world of owning a Mac back in '93 when I saw that the library at uni was setup with a large number of them to do work on.

I don't think until that point, I'd seen a functioning portrait setup - but this clearly worked. Perhaps the only reason why I didn't follow it up was through buying my first PC less than a year before - sporting a MASSIVE 14" CRT monitor. :p

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
All this time I've been happy with my PC. New releases haven't bothered it at all, playing games on high instead of ultra basically looks the same and keeps my frame rates playable...

Then I downloaded Minecraft for my daughter.

Thought it might be cool to add a couple of mods to make the game look a bit better for her as she's used to playing it on her tablet, and got a bit carried away.

Went from over 800fps in vanilla
2022-01-02_22.36.31.png

To less than 60 with a couple of mods 😂
2022-01-02_22.31.58.png

F82 M4
Just won myself a nice little PC on Gaming Giveaways! Only had 10x tickets… so stupidly happily.

Link

Quick question, can you turn RGB off?

Yes mate absolutely. You can fully customise it to whatever colour you want or none.

I really don't get the RGB hate though 'cause I absolutely love it :D

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate absolutely. You can fully customise it to whatever colour you want or none.

I really don't get the RGB hate though 'cause I absolutely love it :D
Really? I turn all the RGB shite off the moment anything like this arrives... I think if I was 14 I would probably be all for the RGB but now it just distracts me from whatever I'm trying to do.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Jokes aside, I really like it. I think it looks cool and sets a nice gaming atmosphere.

View attachment 1574927

View attachment 1574928

Oh and there isn't a Bonsai tree on top of it, that's on a shelf behind haha

David Attenborough voice on;

“and having marked its territory, the feline leader of the household now proudly sits upon its throne…”

David Attenborough voice off.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Don’t have a massive reason to but have an itch to upgrade to a newer cpu.

Currently running a 7700k, tempted by swapping for a new ddr4 mobo and 12700k.

The extra cores might help me out with time taken for video encoding, but other than that I have no real reason to upgrade other than I want to 😂

Cost wise it’s not too bad as it’s just mobo and cpu, will reuse existing ram, name drives etc, and guess I can sell the 7700k and old mobo for a few quid to get some money back.

I only game at 1080p, and pretty much only play League of Legends or Warzone on a GTX 1080 which is holding up just fine.

It’s crammed into a small NCase M1 chassis, also fancy rethinking how everything is cooled in there to see if there’s a better way of doing it.

This is all if I ever get the time to actually do anything.