ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I keep looking at upgrades that I have no need for, still rocking the 7700k and given I only play a couple of now relatively ancient games doesn’t feel like it’s really needed.

But a 7800/7900x3d and a 4070 super and associated RAM/Mobo is tempting.

I’m currently, and would continue to, rocking a Noctua C14 all packaged in a little itx case and it’s a cracking cooler

Krarl

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh my above CPU/Mobo setup with a 6900XT saw 144FPS consistent on high settings @ 1440p

I just upgraded because I love spending money for no reason and at some point I think I'll get a pair of 4K monitors

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Nice little bump in spec there @Krarl !

What games are people playing now?
I’ve given up with cod because it’s just the same old rubbish

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
I keep looking at upgrades that I have no need for, still rocking the 7700k and given I only play a couple of now relatively ancient games doesn’t feel like it’s really needed.

But a 7800/7900x3d and a 4070 super and associated RAM/Mobo is tempting.

I’m currently, and would continue to, rocking a Noctua C14 all packaged in a little itx case and it’s a cracking cooler

With the new generation of graphics cards due in a few months, might as well hold fire to see what they bring and what it does to current prices.

IIRC the 6950XT was a proper bargain when the 7000 series cards came out.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Stuck a 7900XTX in mine this morning, not tried it properly but after a quick blast it seems very impressive.

IMG_1122.jpeg

This means my old 3070Ti will be up for sale, I’ve just redone the thermal paste so it’s good to go.

IMG_1118.jpeg

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Krarl

ClioSport Club Member
Stuck a 7900XTX in mine this morning, not tried it properly but after a quick blast it seems very impressive.

View attachment 1708117

This means my old 3070Ti will be up for sale, I’ve just redone the thermal paste so it’s good to go.

View attachment 1708118
How many times have you jammed your fin ger in your fans for the laugh of it?
Sorry, buddy... I contacted my friend about your old rig components but he has already ordered parts himself.
No worries Andy (y)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
As some of you know my pc is getting on now, coming up to 8 years old next year and I'm starting to get my head around to the hardware, yes i'm a noob at pc hardware and software. And I'll try and pop on here for insight, advice and the rest of it.

My current pc spec is listed on Post 7171 which came to the total on £773 back in early 2017, be great if someone could tell me what that would be in todays money if any? Only thing that has been upgraded couple years ago is the gfx card which is the Nvidia GTX1050Ti.

I'm looking to spend around the £1000 to £1500 as a ball park area as I'd like the new one to last a bit like this one. It'll be somepoint next year when i'll be looking to buy one and hopefully by then i might even build my first pc.

Some of my current questions is:-

1. My current set up is Micro ATX , i'd like to go for ATX Mid Tower next, does this have more options for me and is ATX Mid Tower the one to go for now?

2. Intel or AMD , is it still personal choice or is it more too it? Been looking at the Ryzen 5 or 7 either the G or X, Is the G good to go for cost saving and for what i need?

3. Radeon or Nvidia , same as above ^^

4. DDR4 or DDR5, should i go for DDR5 as this might be the norm in years to come , so better to have it now? Noticed some of the GFX cards is GDDR6?

5. Should i go for the SSD M.2-2280 storage instead of the hard drive type?

6. How much should the gfx card be on the price of the pc ?

I don't do gaming now and since some players use a controller to play on PC games, so i might start and get into that, i shall see. Also i do a bit of editing on the pc, have loads of task bars open and I'm looking at getting a new monitor which will be HDMI 2.1, also I'd like to have USB-C somewhere on my pc either on the case or on the montherboard. Also to have a couple of newer version of the Display Port is it 1.4 ? as i might go dual monitor, so I'd like to have multiple ports on HDMI 2.1 , DisplayPorts , USB-C USB 2.1

Thanks