ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Clio 172
So I have :-
Asus M5A97 pro
AMD bulldozer FX-4100 quad core black edition overclocked to 4.4
8gig DDR3 Kingston Hyper X
GForce GTX560TI overclocked to 900mhz
650 gig HD with a 1TB external HD for backup
Coolermaster GX series 750W ATX PSU
Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case
2 x 80mm blue led case fans
1 x 120mm blue led case fan
Saitek Cyborg Keyboard
Kone Pure Kore mouse
19' flat screen

Forgot to mention the Bigfoot Killer 2100 network card

Last edited:
  LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I was in OCUK's store a few weeks ago and seen their build they had on display - I nearly shat. Similar to the one below but with a bit more (gasp)

sr-x_106.jpg

Question for the water cooling guys.

My case has provision for a 120mm triple rad in the roof. This where I would really want to fit a rad if I were to do such a thing, but would I suffer with the fans pulling air through from inside the case? At the moment the interior gets quite cosy during gaming, but that's because I have 2x GTX580 dumping heat in there. This wouldn't be an issue if my next cards are water cooled. The case is massive inside and seems to have quite good flow, so I'm hoping the air inside would be cool enough to be blown through a rad and out the top of the case. I won't be doing any crazy overclocking. My desire to get water is mainly just because I can, but also because twin 580's get f**king noisy on full blast.

So yeah. Triple rad in the top of the case blowing air out. Deal or no deal?

you had room for 2 fans in the front and one below the case you could use push/pull with the fans to get the best results, im not sure about it but a quick google about push/pull would be an easy find, or Youtube will have a gander. LinusTechTips or something like that would be a good shout.

you had room for 2 fans in the front and one below the case you could use push/pull with the fans to get the best results, im not sure about it but a quick google about push/pull would be an easy find, or Youtube will have a gander. LinusTechTips or something like that would be a good shout.

Yeah there's tons of space. That is not an issue. It's like a wardrobe on there.

Question for the water cooling guys.

My case has provision for a 120mm triple rad in the roof. This where I would really want to fit a rad if I were to do such a thing, but would I suffer with the fans pulling air through from inside the case? At the moment the interior gets quite cosy during gaming, but that's because I have 2x GTX580 dumping heat in there. This wouldn't be an issue if my next cards are water cooled. The case is massive inside and seems to have quite good flow, so I'm hoping the air inside would be cool enough to be blown through a rad and out the top of the case. I won't be doing any crazy overclocking. My desire to get water is mainly just because I can, but also because twin 580's get f**king noisy on full blast.

So yeah. Triple rad in the top of the case blowing air out. Deal or no deal?

You'll actually get better heat dispersion so the room will be hotter watercooling (case should be cooler inside as long as you dont put a radiator on the intake fans), but your computer will be cooler + quieter.

You need more than a triple rad if you're cooler CPU + 2x GPU's however.

That's not what I wanted to hear :(

Can't be arsed with custom mounting and s**t. Just wanted to fit the one rad in the roof of the case, as it already has the fixing holes and blanks etc.

I can't remember dude, and I'm a different country so can't check.

It's a huge black all-aluminium Lian Li with a black interior. Wasn't cheap.

Roy, Do you have a fan controller?
At idle I think CPU and 2 GPU's should be ok, but if you have a fan controller and turn them up high then It should be ok, im using little to nothing compared to your monster but Im just using a H100 Cooler on a AMD Phenom x6 and at idle its about low 20 Degrees, and If I turn the fans up when I'm rendering or gaming just get the case cooler Its still only 20 ish Degrees.
Not much help but I've got nothing else to do this morning.

Roy, Do you have a fan controller?
At idle I think CPU and 2 GPU's should be ok, but if you have a fan controller and turn them up high then It should be ok, im using little to nothing compared to your monster but Im just using a H100 Cooler on a AMD Phenom x6 and at idle its about low 20 Degrees, and If I turn the fans up when I'm rendering or gaming just get the case cooler Its still only 20 ish Degrees.
Not much help but I've got nothing else to do this morning.

You're using a H100 and think a 360 rad is enough for CPU + 2x GPU's, only a quick google for you would tell you it's not enough.

FYI I have an i7 @ 4.4Ghz and a 7970 Lightning heavily overclocked on a 360 + 140, at full load CPU can still go to 65-70 and gpu stays around 55.

Adding another GPU in would be disastrous, and that's with an extra Radiator above what Roy was suggesting.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I've the CPU, MB block and 2 x 580s on a 360, its not enough, i have to turn it off when playing games in the summer.

​900D FTW

You're using a H100 and think a 360 rad is enough for CPU + 2x GPU's, only a quick google for you would tell you it's not enough.

FYI I have an i7 @ 4.4Ghz and a 7970 Lightning heavily overclocked on a 360 + 140, at full load CPU can still go to 65-70 and gpu stays around 55.

Adding another GPU in would be disastrous, and that's with an extra Radiator above what Roy was suggesting.

No im not saying that, im just saying I like to put no usefull info in threads, I do it just to waste time. "Not much help but I've got nothing else to do this morning."

CBF

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
This thread makes me drewl

I'm looking at upgrades atm for my amd fx8350

Gotta get a decent mobo as my boggo and not even a full size only 1pcie slot so after I up the mobo gonna look into getting an ssd or graphics card can't decide what to do

If I had my dream setup it would be the
srx mobo(£250)
duel Xeon chip(£800each)
64gb ram(£200?)
quad graphics(£1500?)
and some lovely watercooler (£££££).

Been reading the custom pc mag so got plenty of ideas in my head just don't wanna kill my credit card while buying a house lol

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Decided to get a second Titan after all

LOL! Nutter. I can think of so many things I'd rather spend the money on that'd be more worthwhile. Like crack cocaine.

Addicted, I take it that's Crossfire? I've never seen how it's plugged in, so messy and untidy compared to SLI.