ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Bumder With A Buffer
Right no major changes really but got rid of my 120mm corsair AF fans and the crsppy demoflex filter I had on the rear intake.

Replaced with 140mm AF ones and a Silverstone 140mm filter for the back.

Only fail was I was sure that the original fans on the HDD drives were 140mm...they weren't :( so modified the front one so its held on with sticky Velcro. Only other issue is the front one is now noisy due to how the front fan guards on the Elysium case are.

Basically anything too far infront of these fans causes weird vortices of air and noise, this can be fixed by sticking a fan filter right on top of the fan, so have another one on order for that.

Anyone want any 120mm AF series fans in blue??

Evo 5 RS
http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/fire+strike+3dmark+score+performance+preset/version+1.1/3+gpu

7th in the 3 GPU stakes. W00t. In the world, I might add. :D

Trumpet blown

EDIT: And 9th in the Extreme bench

That's also on the stock BIOS across all three cards. If I was to use a BIOS that removed the power limit I could probably climb a bit further :) Just when I can be bothered :D

3e2v.png

Last edited:
  Evo 5 RS
lol :D. I can climb a few but won't beat 8 Pack Ian. His scores (as well as most at the top 5) will be on liquid nitrogen. I'm an enthusiast, I'm not a maniac. Considering that 7th score is probably a playable clock run boosting between 1.150 and 1.200v and a lot of them probably aren't playable clocks and on silly volts, I reckon I've done well there.

Obviously I've gained sweet F all from doing it other than to say I'm there but that's life these days, false accomplishment through technology lol

Evo 5 RS
on LN2? Definitely. The Ti's have much better VRM and power curitry. he's waiting on the KINGPIN edition I believe which is a beefed up Ti. I'm sure his current score will be beaten soon. I actually have a higher graphics score than his 780s on liquid nitrogen which I think is a result in itself. His physics score is over 22k where as mine is 17k, because his CPU is running stupid volts on LN2 @ 6.2Ghz

Cheers @Addicted :)

Fiesta ST
on LN2? Definitely. The Ti's have much better VRM and power curitry. he's waiting on the KINGPIN edition I believe which is a beefed up Ti. I'm sure his current score will be beaten soon. I actually have a higher graphics score than his 780s on liquid nitrogen which I think is a result in itself. His physics score is over 22k where as mine is 17k, because his CPU is running stupid volts on LN2 @ 6.2Ghz

Cheers @Addicted :)

KINGPIN mmmm best of the best of the best bin! ££££'s and I guess limited numbers.

Evo 5 RS
I read somewhere they're looking at interest / orders and being built to order as it were. They're actually only binned to 1300mhz @ 1.212v. I say only, as mine are reference cards and I can hit that on water. However they don't suffer from the NV 'greenlight' that kicks in on the Classifieds and reference cards with regards to over volt / current protection. So totally unlocked.

You can hit 1.4V on a classy though. At the moment ref users are locked to 1.212

Evo 5 RS
lol ta. still some left in the tank :D

I have a niggly issue though that I can't pin point. Overclocked or stock doesn't matter. Machine will hang, then start responding very occasionally. May be the GPU spiking. normally happens on desktop...going to do a driver clean up later.

Really don't fancy reinstalling Windows 8.1..again

Evo 5 RS
Yeah I always think did he walk into a world record benching competition for someone like MSI only then to realise it was computers not weights, decided to stick around and realised he was good at it lol.

Ian's a top bloke, very helpful

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Every mix I played we used we used to have binds like "it takes 5 Pokémon to battle (1) (2) (3) (4) (?)" And "I got 99 textures but the walls ain't one"

I miss those days

2014 Focus Titanium
I'm hosting a LAN at my house in two weeks :D

Games list will be:

BF4
CS:S / CS:GO
Ricochet (for lols)
C&C
Moto GP3 (again, lols)
DayZ