ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Price You Pay For Being Different

o dear, my clutch burnt out on my way home from london the ova day and ive just got the car recovered and everyone ive spoken to about having a new clutch fitted has said they wont get the car on their ramp cos of the bodykit (mainly skirts) and where its been lowered 35mm, does no1 accomodate for modded cars :((( lookers have said the same they prob wont get it on the ramp, has anyone ever been here or have any ideas? thankx in advance

erm the car was £6 and its a 1999 v reg y? but its very ill, the speedo doesnt work properly, the on board comp is messed up and the stereo is dying painfully bit by bit every day :( and im currently jobless so im seriously f*ked at the mo

how u bin m8?

im ok cheers

i take it u have no warrenty

this is the thing with renaults, u can get sum ok ones and sum that things jus go wrong-my parents had that so stay away from renult now

cos wen im 21 i wana get an rxe so was jus wondering....

no they dont get on the ramp at all well mine dont anyway

they had to put two planks of wood done so it didnt hit goin up and coming down lol!

either that or just take the front bumper off my side skirts were ok!

vix :)

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

mine has problems with ramps. As Tom said you just need a poster that will be fine. Most garages have them.

My mate had one when he worked for Ford that you just drove it in between the posts then there was 4 arms that swing under the car! So no ramp at all!!

This was the only one i could get my MkIV Cabbie on as it had the RS Turbo bumper n skirts!!

Took my williams 2 into renault to have stearing rack replaced on it, said it would be 3 weeks thought to my self no to bad, got a little clio to run about in. THEN 10 weeks later its ready,( thats not all of it ) go to pick it up SCRACHES AND PAINT MISSING on the front bumper AND SIDE TRIM MISSING OF DRIVES side not a happy bunny. Got it sorted now all free of charge once i had paid the bill and said some nasty words to a couple of people.:)

there is a place down woodgrange drive that has a ramp in the floor not sure how much they would charge;)

ah wkd ill give them a bell tomoz, do u think its worth stick a performance clutch on there, cheers for everys1s help wiv this by the way :)

Elise/VX220/R26

Ive seen my old car been scraped onto the back of a lowloader when my immobiliser f**ked up. The grease monkey thought I hadnt seen him. Got a resprayed front bumper out of that one

a 2 poster will be usless if the skirts are the lowest part of the car as the arms wont be able to get under

my car sat 2 inches off the floor at the back, the way round it is find a place with an MOT ramp, thats where i got mine done, went on and off fine

Mine struggles on most ramps, 4 post ones being the worst. 2 post with swing arms are usually okay. Theres no way it will ever go frontwards up a set of those metal ramps that your dad always has though!

I think Xtreme (in harlow) or Elite (rainham) have ramps set into the floor so its completely flat, like a normal floor. Elite were the ones who only hand tightened my mates wheel nuts though, leaving him with a wheel held on by a half turn of just one bolt! :confused: