ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Project Clio

e92 330i
Hi, not normally one for writing projects, but as I've owned the car for nearly 2 years, I thought eh why not.

Car Itself is a 2003 1149cc extreme 2
Belts done at 45k
Bought on 58k
Currently on 72k
Oil filter/oil/air filter done regulary etc etc.

The car was completely standard december 2009 when I go it. Come march, joined cliosport.net and got the bug to mess with things.

The first change was some lovely wolfrace alloys :)

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

Even fitted some angel lights (no pics) and tbh I loved them!

Then I saw the error of my ways etc etc.. Steelies went back on, colour coded the bump strips, wacked on a towing eye (because it will never see a track) and crabon wrapped my diamonds.

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00446.jpg

car4.jpg

And I wished I had left it there...but I didn't, foolishly I chucked more moneies at it.

Bought an RS spoiler, Bumper and some Eibach sportlines!
iphone013.jpg

00f18b68.jpg

153b5806.jpg

b7ea4af4.jpg

iphone004.jpg

iphone005.jpg

iphone012.jpg

This was how it was a the end of the first year.
iphone007.jpg

a31ab8d6.jpg

Really loved the look of the sport xenons, so cue hids.
70db376f.jpg

These have been removed and tbh the halogens give better vision overall and I'm starting to prefer them!

So it desperately needed alloys.

9ff59229.jpg

d175fbd7.jpg

f6799686.jpg

And after a meet up with Mark (MDP91) I absolutely needed coilovers, even if they where to budget coilovers!

2fb66a81.jpg

d396d6a4.jpg

But I had to go lower...

5d0338e2.jpg

45fbba02.jpg

But this was a big ol annoyance untill recent, no garage local could set up the tracking as it was to low, que a 2 hour drive to k-tec, who managed to set up the wheel alignment, but the wheels where at 1.5 possitive camber, and no room to adjust.

Bigger spacers where needed!!

I tried the 15mm delta mics, to big, tyres would rub on the outside arches, even taking a hammer to the metal brackets. The car was just crud like this.

I Bought some FK 13mm spacers to, but they wouldn't sit on the hub at all with a 1-2mm gap, due to the hub locating ring not being bored (spelling?) out enough to fit over the original hub. They where sent back.

I had had enough, the car would hit 50% of speedbumps, scrape on the driveway (ruined my £12.50 skoda splitter :() and just be a general pain. I have the upmost respect to people who spend alot of time/money on getting the right stance, TBH I just can't be botherd faffing about anymore.

The car was raised to basically the same hight as when the coilovers were first fitted. It's still low, I mean when I was adjusting it before, the spring was acctually loose on the coilover when the car was jacked up. 5mm spacers back on, max neg camber on the coilovers and a small gap between tyre and collar and its 100% better, rides acctually improved to no end, clears bumps on my daily, no rubbing. Lesson number 2...Low isn't always best, despite looking awsome, awsome comes with back pain and empty wallets!!

No pics of its current state atm, halfway through refurbing the F1's

0d8fd074.jpg

Once there all done, I'll grab some pics away from the driveway and give her a clean!

Thanks for veiwing!

Jap Box
Looks good :) quite liked the wolfrace alloys, would have looked good if the car was a tad lower on them, better than the trims anyway :rasp:

Any other plans for now such as RS interior or is that it? :)

e92 330i
Cheers. Lol yeah the trims were terrible. The wolfrace wheels were buckled though, I'm ashamed to say I might of kept them if they wern't lol.

Future plans? No idea tbh, looking at 182 cup wheels, but for the time being just enjoy it for abit. Tidy the interior up and get a few bits fixed!

e92 330i
Few up to date pictures while I was out today. Taken in my iPhone so as you can imagine, not great!

8b1f3f8b.jpg

b0dfb7f5.jpg

e92 330i
Update.

Change of plan on the wheels...

eb0fc519.jpg

a726fa8f.jpg

Only joking, this is what really happened. Although the above would be awsome with some road legal streched rubber!

5e14a128.jpg

98d28e64.jpg

23a9910d.jpg

I used the plastidip, tbh the finish isn't great and even after 6 coats it didn't cover everywhere. Good cheap fix though. Thanks for looking!

e92 330i
Just to keep this updated. Bought some brembos off G172, highly recomended seller!

Old disc.

eb441ebc.jpg

New disc.

341bd4f2.jpg

They are abit spongy, hopefully should bed in soon!

New shiney brakes.

782b7c0d.jpg

e92 330i
let me no how much better they are, i been looking into some of these

Will do buddy.

I had brembo's and OEM spec ferodo's on my 1.2, they were f**king epics.

I had ferodos before, went for oem brembo pads this time. Cant wait for them to bed in, hate the spongy braking. I forgot to clean the disc properly so that may not be helping lol.

Coming along really well!

Did you get the brakes bled too? Mine were very crisp after they bedded in, better than the T. But that has get unknown pads and discs on :/

Another thing on the list DS2500's + HC's :D

clio 1.2 dynamique
alright mate,

really nice car mate, i love what you are doing with it :)

what wheels is it that Mark (MDP91) has on his clio :O?

e92 330i
Havent bled the brakes no, might change the fluid though. I did look at hc discs but for the money compared and the fact its only a 1.2 these are great!Yeah get them changed! Its such an easy job tbh, I've never touched my brakes before but just had ago! I still stop, so cant be all bad lol.

Yeh tbh the HC's would be overkill on the 1.2, If they bed in fine don't bother with the fluid as I doubt it will have been cooked during its life.

e92 330i
Yeh tbh the HC's would be overkill on the 1.2, If they bed in fine don't bother with the fluid as I doubt it will have been cooked during its life.
Yeah? Only on 73k atm so it should be good. Was yours spongy after fitting them? The pedal doesn't seem to need to travel as far tbh.

Not that I recall, it was very firm and travel was reduced significantly. Obviously as the pistons wont have to move as far to push the pads into the disc.

e92 330i
Small update.

Painted the bullets silver again, looks cleaner, no pics. Also fitted xenons from a 172. As soon as i got them i started to play about and broke one side..doh!

Quick fix and theyre fine and fitted. One question, light from drivers side seems alot lower and kinda points down, passenger side more then makes up for it though. This sound right? Anyway, pics!

91923be7.jpg

284744e2.jpg

b9d34fc3.jpg

d6350233.jpg

e92 330i
Update...ish.

Sadly the clio is no more. Small french hatch vs 7.5 tonne truck. No one was hurt which was the main thing. But news today from the garage confirms its a write off! Gutted is an understatement!

b793d4db.jpg

d7e597c0.jpg

3f710af8.jpg

BMW 330ci
Sorry to hear about your accident mate. Your car looked so nice as well, could you not just get a new tailgate and bumper ? Don't wanna sound horrible if you get me... You gonna be splitting the car down ?

e92 330i
If only, boot well is crumpled up. Be alot of effort to fix up n get back on the road, and im thinking re sale will be alot harder with accident repair.

BMW 330ci
Oh just thought it was damaged on the tailgate and bumper. Not good mate, sorry to here about that.

I mean will you be selling it as parts or ?

e92 330i
Yeah boot floor is abit creased. I could buy it back for around £200 i think, but it isnt worth the hassle to break it. Not worth loads in parts and then i have to store parts etc. Already stripped cd players/speakers/rs grill wheels coilovers etc. Most body panels have dents/scuffs so not worth alot.

Be nice to fix up, but tbh was looking at a new car soon anyway, just not this soon lol. More then likely be back in a 1.6 clio and transfer the mods over.

Looked at 172, 2k insurance, feck that!

clio 1.2 dynamique
what a shame mate, looked lovely aswell :) would you be selling anything of your car or swapping for standard parts?

e92 330i
Nah kept all my standard parts to swap back for when it would be sold. If i get another clio ill pop um on that one i think.