ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Rattles Have Started!

LY V6 with Recaros
Well my car is about 10 months old now, and I thought I was going to get away without any rattles, but no such luck! I've just got a really annoying one appear somewhere in my passenger side door! :mad:

LY 200
I had a rattle coming from my passenger door a few weeks back....When you open it does it make a creaking sound when it gets to a certain point??

If so could be the hinge bolt that needs tightening, mine did and its fine now!!!

LY V6 with Recaros
It is a long time, I thought i was going to be a lucky one and not have any!

LY V6 with Recaros
Nope jay, it's fine whe I open it, it sounds like its coming from the electric window buttons, or maybe the handle somewhere? Not really sure, I'll have to investigate!

182, Golf
Ive only had my car 2 days Im just enjoying the rattles as part of the renault experience.

soon: 172 Cup
My saxo hasn't got a rattle in sight! i think i got an odd one tough as its never broken down!?!?!?!?!

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
A list of common loose items and rattles would be good.

I get an annoying vibration at high speed which I can't find as at high speed I cant get around the car very well
Lots of my plastic parts are poor fitting as well.

Tangoed Works
Mite be the rubbing strip clip come loose. My old dyanimique sunroof used to creak like mad after I had it lowered!

Silver 172 PhII
I had a weird rattle inside the hatch around the area of the wiper motor, it was quite loud. I took the back panel off the boot only to find one of the bolts holding the wiper motor on had fallen off! Any one beat that for a rattle?

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I have an annoying one coming from the top of my dashboard where the clocks are. If I press against it, it will go away. I should take it to Renault but thats too much time and hassle so I just turn the music up!

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Deb182 said:
Its done 11k, so it's been driven! I just have to put my music on louder lol!

I tried that - i think the vibration from the speakers loosened more stuff tho, i have more rattles now!

Lotus Elise S2 111S
Mine rattles from the silver strip to the right of the steering wheel, but if I push it, it stops. Also the parcel shelf does do, but can't reach that!

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I had an annoying rattle from the passenger door...pissed me off for ages, found out it was the seatbelt hitting against the door. I just connect the passenger seat belt when i have no passengers and it stops the rattle. I also get a rattle from where the headlights can be adjusted..push it in and it goes away.

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Neil G said:
Rattles?...fook it....turn up the music :D

Tried that 1 m8 unfortunately the louder the music...the more it bloody rattles from the speakers in the doors :(

Clio 172 mk2
S**t....forgot about that one...I can usually get the balance right with the rattles in my 172 so I don't notice.

i started getting annoying rattles around the 2500-300 mark. most come from teh front dash borad trim . if i stick my finger on it it stops but it isnt the best of driving positions to be in .