ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The S has some lows....

Octavia VRS LE
After having the car for two months I couldn't resist when a friend had some PI lowering springs and shocks for sale so I snapped them up and two days ago I got it done. It has been lowered 40mm which I think is a little too much, I will let the pictures do the talking
Before
IMG_1666.jpg

After
579374_10150679671128741_588878740_9480992_1873407309_n.jpg

527285_10150679670663741_588878740_9480989_882261013_n.jpg

75552_10150679671698741_588878740_9480993_556295468_n.jpg

Plans to do next are;
Remove run flats
Paint the chrome bits black
Aero Grill from JCW
Remap and smaller pulleys

C+C welcome
Thanks for reading :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
It does look a little low. Pretty much the hard top version of my mrs's.

TT QS
really like that. quite like the cooper s in general just think they could have been abit more creative with the tail pipes

Enjoy scraping the lip under the front bumper on everything! Same height as mine and the small lip is about 5cm off the floor! Don't get a remap with a pulley! No need. Get yourself on minitorque for some good advice lol. Just don't mention the springs!

Standard exhausts do look small from that angle lol!

out with the dremel and off with the small lips!

Deffo de-chrome though, i got mine done in body colour and it looks miles better! (pity you didnt wait 2 months....mine is f/s!)

Octavia VRS LE
yeah the lip does rub, going on and off my drive in and out of petrol station... nothing to worry about thou as its not noticeable. yeah i hate the chrome, all my friends like the chrome and want me to keep it but its either going black or body colour, swaying more towards black atm to match the roof and wing mirrors. head light surrounds will be body colour thou.

Octavia VRS LE
some updated pictures after a clean, booked in for a service now end of this week, once this is out of the way and i have 2 new front tyres I will be buying the aero grill for it.
Gave it a clean over the weekend as i bought some Dodo juice born to be mild and thought i would try it out. Got some Auto Finesse Tripple too and cant wait to give the car a going over with it.
Firstly thou a dirty one that i like that was taken recently
All shots were taken with my phone so not the best.
temporary-4.jpg

temporary-9.jpg

temporary-15.jpg

temporary-19.jpg

temporary-18.jpg

Octavia VRS LE
yeah its growing on me, only problem is the splitter just behind the bumper rubs everywhere, not actually doing any damage but still sounds bad and especially when I rub on a speed bump and everyone just stares at you. ride isnt too much 'crashier' than before either.