ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The sleepers appreciation thread

16v AX
4676_115936850644_551970644_3270486.jpg

DSCF0426.jpg

at mallory park
SN851243.jpg

bye bye astra gsi :) (@fcs 09)
DSC_0158_625.jpg

Clio 182FF
WTF is in that Honda?! Christ!!

My brother has a silver one of these and I never thought much of it until he took me out in it and scared the s**t out of me lol!

Mental little cars althrough my brothers is not as fast as that one!

172 Race Car
Ok lets get this thread back on track.............

Doris the Morris spotted at Omex

IMAGE_368.gif

IMAGE_366.gif

With?

IMAGE_367.gif

2.0 Blacktop Zetec on Jenveys, 185bhp

In the workshop was another having a superchaged Zetec dropped in but that was less of a sleeper

can a valver be classed as a sleeper?

this is my ladyfriends, built in a day and a half, full 16v conversion inc suspension and front brakes.

100_4219.jpg

settledinwell.jpg

I don't think that a valver can be classed as a sleeper at all.

I also think that some don't really understand what a sleeper is.

W

Willy

that valver is not as bad as some cars what are called sleepers. I thought it was pretty much bog standard cars with performance mods

that valver is not as bad as some cars what are called sleepers. I thought it was pretty much bog standard cars with performance mods
Yep they are basically, mostly cars with engines in them that didn't start out in them though. MK1 corsa 1.2's with Calibra turbo engines in etc.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Mk3 Polo with some questionable choice in wheels, nothing too unusual here...

5ab0_1.JPG

...hold on a minute, where's the engine...and what's a bottle of NOS doing under the bonnet?

6926_1.JPG

Oh look a 1.8 20vT engine in the rear with about 400bhp! This car is definitely a sleeper, no one expects that power in a Polo. Also when you pull up a long side it you can't see the engine as it's below the line of the windows...sweeet.

5e1b_1.JPG

Civic Type R getting whupped by a G40...ok it's supercharged but it's a small box with a 1.3 engine...you'd not expect this. Plenty of standard looking cars with 170-210bhp, peoples faces are priceless when you pass them/keep up with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXCbvNlX5o

Raced this man many a time at York - its a quick machine but the guy is a bell end

Evo 8 Jap Crap
course it aint trying how can you get to over 180mph and not try flol

So it started in 3rd gear.......

AND your point is?

What gear you think the volvo was in :rolleyes:

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
If the r1 gunned it from 1st the volvo wouldn't catch till like 170.,it took the r1 4 seconds to go from 55 to 100 ? considering itl do 0-100 in under 6 i don't think it was trying lol.