ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Valver Was Back For A Day Before It Gt Wrote Off =[

RenaultSport 172.
well, i got my valver back last week...went to the cliosport meet, said my hello's and then went home...that evening went to greatbridge and found it was naff so made our way home. coming down the motorway there wereabout 15 cars with us,,,,about 11 of them booted off and a few of us stayed behind. i went to overtake a lory, and it pulled out inches away form my bumper...so i had to make a descion. ether die straight away behind the wheels of a lorry, or try and do something about it.

natural reaction is stamping on the breaks so thats what i did, with the brakes locking up i planted my foot on the accelerator to try and gain control of the car..i ended up going sideways past the lory, sliding past moving traffic backwards loosing control.....regaining control and shooting into the reervation at high speeds. and ending up in the middle of the motorway.

lukily noone was hurt...just BAD whiplash and i smashed my head. just luky me and my mate are still alive.....

here are the before and after pics....

24112007042.jpg

24112007046.jpg

24112007045.jpg

Image010.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image006.jpg

A4 Avant
Gutted! Car looked great at the star city meet! So low!

Take it, it's being classed as your fault?

RenaultSport 172.
no. police didnt even turn up...it was the traffic people...closed the motorway off for a while too, to remove my car and debry outta the road...

its not being taken any further...

RenaultSport 172.
Whats worse is that i spent £400 on getting it through its MOT the day before. gutted wasnt the word...oh well. at least me and kel are ok =]

Lotus Elise 111R
Did you get the details of the lorry, if so you can pursue if he pulled out with you alongside....

A friend of mine had this last week, and he had these huge cicular marks all down one side where the lorries wheels had made contact from one end to the other, very frightening! When the lorry stopped, the foreign driver pulled out a notepad and gave him his details, and there was a few names above from where other accidents had occured, and he barely spoke any english!

Ins co have quoted 4k for his damage, luckily on the lorry ins, but it has'nt gone through yet....

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
bloody hell mate that is gutting, car looked the mutts nuts aswell :(

oh and if you are breaking the car and need a buyer for the turbines, gimme a shout ;) (vultures are circling already :rolleyes: )

RenaultSport 172.
got all the info off the lorry driver, but he insisted i was lying and i just lost control 'racing' with my mates and was after a person to blame.

however. i have 4 wtness's...all other motorists who stopped...and he had none.

cant take it any further...striped it to the bare shell saturday so EVERYTHING is for sale.....just PM if there is anything you need.

gutted isnt the word ...=[

RenaultSport 172.
thanks everyone, yeah did look mint imo...gutted. possibley mk2 time now tho...;/

for the one day it was on the road, it did get alot of attention...mainly due to how low it was but hey haha. working in halfords...get all the local chavs talking about it...'look at the williams ...its on the deck.' WRONG. the VALVERS on the deck haha.

the rims are stain black...couldnt make up my mind between gloss or matt so compamised haha.

RenaultSport 172.
dutty, yeah the valver was a ph2.

christompher...looking at a mk2 rsi atm...see what happens regarding that.

Know how you feel mate, you must be absolutely gutted. Glad everyone is ok though, sounds like you were lucky to come out of it (doesnt make you feel any better just now i know!!)

Lee

BMW M2C
Christ mate, sorry to see that. The car did look spot on at the Mids meet before.

At least no one was hurt.

RenaultSport 172.
thanks lee. it was literally about 5 hours after the cliosport meet =[

guess its carmed me down tho...enought things to go wrong on the road as i found out...and racing and driving like a t**t just adds the equation!
not worth it.

What a sh*tter !!:dapprove: Car looked nice beforehand.

Are you going to look into taking action against the lorry driver ??

RenaultSport 172.
thanks cat171.....

nah nothing. ..it would just be deemed my fault so...

just looking into buying another car...was thinking about putting one of my other mk1's on the road as i have 2 others bar the vavler...but both need MOT and tax...

Astra coupe
gutted mate but glad you're ok. Same thing happend to my uncle with his jag, he over took a foreign lorry on the motorway and it pulled out into him and took him out

f**king hell mate :dapprove: that looked really nice shame i never saw it in the metal.

glad to here your ok though pal, could have been much worse i suppose..