ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Valver Was Back For A Day Before It Gt Wrote Off =[

RenaultSport 172.
not many people saw it in the flesh...only a few at the cliosport meet last week. =[

thanks everyone, gutter its gone but guess it just wasnt meant to be! ahaha

RenaultSport 172.
can say that again.
even worse when you watch it get crushed and you know the 2 months you worked all day everyday to afford enough to buy it...and the further 2 months working silly hours to insure it was a waste of time....

lift number 1 @ btm
absolutely gutted for you!
did i read this wrong, or did you say that you can't do anything about the truck running you off the road?

RenaultSport 172.
no you read it right drhowser....cant do f**k all about it.
even with my witness's it would be deemed as my fault.

lift number 1 @ btm
the thing that made me think about it was that you said the driver claimed you were racing with your mates. if he knew that then he must have been watching you in his mirrors. so, he is either lying or he deliberately pulled out on you? just a thought.

RenaultSport 172.
bare in mind we were in convoy of 15 cars....you always get the dicks in them! loads of people went booting up the motorway...whilst about 4 of us stayed behind.

he has 0 witness's to prove his story.

i have 4 witness's who were random motorists who stopped to help....

RenaultSport 172.
christopher has the right idea....

who9s up for a cliosport meet? 24HUNDRED HOURS? WEAR YOUR BEST CAMOS.

p1.jpg

lift number 1 @ btm
you should go to citizens advice if you haven't already. obviously there is the thing about the driver behind being to blame in a rear ender. but you might find you have a case for due care and attention/careless driving from the lorry driver.
it has got to be worth looking into?

VX220 Turbo
had a similar thing happen to me i was half way past a lorry when it decided to overtake a tractor.
had about 3 inches between me and the barrier and me and the lorry luckily he noticed me and anchored up was bloody scary

lift number 1 @ btm
ask at citizens advice, you might be able to phone them? i think the fact that the driver claims to know you were racing, yet still pulled out on you contradicts himself. if so he has lied in his statement, which would definately give you an opening.
i'm just going on what has been said on here, but i would definately go and ask the questions. if you have grounds to start a civil case it costs almost nothing, and you would have a good chance of the haulage company paying out to end the whole thing.

RenaultSport 172.
alex...not the nicest feeling is it? especially not when theyre 100x bigger than a clio haha!

guess i was just unlucky :(

RenaultSport 172.
drhoweser ill look into it. thanks for your help!

i clearly wasnt racing as i was alongside other motorists...and theyre witness's to prove it so....:S

lift number 1 @ btm
no worries, good luck fella!

*actually, thinking about it. you might be able to get one of those "no win no fee" solicitors to take it on.*

Last edited:
  RenaultSport 172.
haha. mark.k@GDI....thats what i was thinking...had to take it one step better tho and go round the lorry sideways didnt i....ppfffttt.haha. oj. was low tho mate...recon about 125mm ...

thanks joeldee.

yeah drhowesr...was thinking about one of those...going to do abit fo research into it later as to where i stand and the likes... :)

White R26/Stripped Valver
Really gutted for you mate, got a valver myself can't imagine how Id feel if anything happened to it. Good thing is your ok tho. Those turbines/toyos look sweet.