ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Vee needs some tlc for FCS!

Ah if it was silver I would of said spend the money in the pub!

Are you looking to do it yourself? Or are you wanting to pay someone? If so where abouts are you based, loads of detailers on here.

ST

Are you looking to do it yourself? Or are you wanting to pay someone? If so where abouts are you based, loads of detailers on here.

PMSL i love the Alex tbh..

PMSL i love the Alex tbh..

Lol only saying it how it is buddy! He can spend the whole weekend before sweating outside with a microfibre getting a sunburnt nose or he could have a piss up against it on the way in! Wouldn't make any difference with silver!

Mito Sportiva 135
Where abouts are you based mate? Never had the opportunity to do a Vee before, if your anywhere in the SE I would love to get one under my belt!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
good, but quality comes at a price.

however ali's bus when fully detailed is absolutely lush :approve:

Mito Sportiva 135
I am a bit of a way from Berkshire anyway mate, but I am pretty sure if you choose Brazo you will be more than happy judging by some of the work I have seen him do on posts.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
good, but quality comes at a price.

however ali's bus when fully detailed is absolutely lush :approve:

it's coming together! :)

Detailing a vee is much like painting the forth road bridge. Never ending! No pannel allows you to work with one pad...Bar bonnet and roof...

It's a NITEMARE job! I only do it once a year.

CS Dungeon
One of these detailer gold service deals.

Chap on here called The Detailer?

http://www.jp-design.co.uk/td/detailing.htm

Cheers James:)
Must finish the website soon, the 'process' for the packages is complately wrong.

Theres one on every forum:nono:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Haha! he has a point tho, the yield'd results from your time looks less on silver/racing sheddy blue etc.

CS Dungeon
^Haha! he has a point tho, the yield'd results from your time looks less on silver/racing sheddy blue etc.

I have to disagree, well I would......wouldn't I:rasp:

Only thing I will agree with is the fact you cannot see the 'swirl's' too well, unless you use a sun gun or similar and have a close look.

That said, even thou the swirls are not as obvious as on other colours, a swirl'd up silver car will look no where near as good as a fully detailed car. The swirls will give a dull/flat/matt look, rather then a deep/wet/glossy look.

Detailing is about more then just 'swirl removal', any mug with a PC can do paint correction, its the level of detail that sets the men from the boys;)

Last edited:
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Only thing I will agree with is the fact you cannot see the 'swirl's' too well, unless you use a sun gun or similar and have a close look.

That said, even thou the swirls are not as obvious as on other colours, a swirl'd up silver car will look no where near as good as a fully detailed car. The swirls will give a dull/flat/matt look, rather then a deep/wet/glossy look.

Detailing is about more then just 'swirl removal', any mug with a PC can do paint correction, its the level of detail that sets the men from the boys;)

trust me iv seen some horrendous PC's and also claying, some tit on here fucked up his black gold with a poor clay.

Cliowned indeed.

defo an art. though practise makes perfect!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

lol...If you say so son! ;)

Motorbikes
Agree with the detailer, my silver Astra is very rewarding when it looks good, got a fairly wet shine on mine the now :p

Mito Sportiva 135
I know what the detailer means though, easy to just get the paint looking good, but when you want EVERYTHING cleaned, polished and sealed it starts getting time consuming...never bothered doing under my car as simply thats time I don't have, and, to be honest...it is under the car!