ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

M

mini-valver

If theres a button on the end of your wiper stalk you've got it. press it and it scrolls through the options.
My 1.6 16v is always between 45-48 when i go steady with occasional bit of thrash. get just under 100 miles on 10ers worth of v-power.....
Boot it constantly and its been as low as 22

Leon Cupra 300
at moment 37.4 on v-power thats average of my commute which sees about 39mpg on motorway at 80ish, and odd blasts and town which can go down to 32-33ish, so about right as mostly use for work.. fill up every 10 days

A4 Avant & A3
i normally get around 38mpg when driving to & from work. (172 cup)
I got it up to around 40mpg driving to cornwall & back (180 miles each way) over the weekend

Not bad for a 2ltr surely? (how accurate are the readouts on screen?)

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
1*2 mpg isn't much worse at all - well worth an upgrade from the smaller models ;)

I wonder what the Veeeeees do though... :s

my lil 1.2 Dynamique gets:

50/52 Mpg, driving @ 55Mph on average.
47/49 Mpg driving @ 60-70Mph on a run
44/46 Mpg driving @ 90Mph over a 15ml run.
37Mpg on average on traffic jams & normal town driving with a borp here & there.

& it doesnt matter what spead im doing teh average speed reading onthe computer always get up to 31.4 mph & stops. (&$"£

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
50 mile round trip to work helps me average 35mpg but my 307 hdi would get over 50 on the same trip

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
usually 40-45 out of my 1.4, but got worse when i put the 17"s on :( . I think she needs a service too... lol

Mine is currently (according to the trip) averaging around 26/27 since I last reset it, which was a few hundred miles back.

63/500 said:
I'm averaging 26-28 at the moment, but im in a bit of a lead foot phase at the mo.

Best way. I hardly ever even bother looking at my mpg, mainly because if I cared too much about it, I wouldn't have bought a 'performance car' :approve:

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Usually if I am driving about Bristol then I usually get 38-39mpg. But if I drive to wales to see my Mum, then I have seen it go upto 43-44mpg. These results are coming from my 1.2 16v, 2005 Clio Extreme 4... also spend about £30 on fuel to fill her up, which gives me around 34 litres @ 85.9p. But noticed it has gone down a futher 1p, so cheapest in Bristol is 84.9p per litre for unleaded. The cheapest I have seen fuel is @ 83.9p per litre, and tha was when I bought my Clio last April/May 2005.

Clio 1.6 Dynamic
2003 1.6 16v Dynamic
29 MPG
Town driving, lots of stop n starts, and I have a heavy foot
I use Supermarket standard ron fuel, i.e. Tesco, Morrisons...

So, the question is; how do you improve this? Is it a simple case of fitting a new o2 sensor? Surely the MPG reduces over the years.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
thread from the past this!

I cant really help with the improving the mpg but my 1.6 used to sit at an average of 38-40, so I would say theres something up with yours?

One other thing look at the petrol prices in the above replies, 35 quid to fill a clio those were the days!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
A Tragic and clearly not right 15.8mpg showing lmao! ST220. ECU reset required, plugs and new Air Filterings.

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
my 1.2 does 38.8!! but the car is a ton and a half!
85.9p a litre? now more like 134.9!!

Clio 182 FF
At 70-80mph 38MPG
At 60mph 42MPG
Round town 30MPG

Thats all Ive noticed only had the car a few days

Alibi Blue Clio 197
Was showing 40 / 41 mpg before a damn good service. Now around 36 / 38. Worst I've had was 27.2 on a damn good thrash across the EVO triangle.

320d
At 70-80mph 38MPG
At 60mph 42MPG
Round town 30MPG

Thats all Ive noticed only had the car a few days

Pretty much exactly what I got.

To be perfectly honest, after having a ph1 172, seeing the 182 get that mpg made me think it was broken.