ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The 'What MPG Do You Get?' Thread

197was/second 182is
I geting about 22mpg on short 3 miles drive to work with no traffic... And about 33 cruising 70mph on motorway... Lambda gone?

Clio 182 FF
Hi guys,
I live in France (about an hour from lemans) and here the roads are empty rarely any traffic at all!!
On average I get 34 to 38 mpg out of a tank, this being said I have only had the car a few weeks BUT, I regularly drive to Paris for work so I took the Clio this time and on "total 98 Ron" the car managed 46.7 mpg over 120 miles at 95 km/h ( speed limit)
But once in traffic and mean really heavy traffic (28km in just under 2 hours), I reset the trip and over those 28 km I got 16.2 mpg.
So on my trip there and back with some driving around Paris my mpg at the pump was 40.26mpg.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 422

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Average around 27mpg on my normal commute in the 197 - mornings I fly to work with no traffic, evenings quite heavy traffic.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
33mpg, 8 miles + 13 roundabouts and 10 mins motorway at 50mph! EML is on and stay well away from 5k rpm until belts are done next week!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Got 19mpg on a 15min session at Castle Combe on Saturday!! That is a record low for me. Needs to be worse.
Got it back to 35mpg on the drive home. Hopefully will get 45+mpg on the 4 hour drive to North Wales on the weekend like last time I drove up there.

Twingo RS 133
My 133 Twingo gets around 36mpg, with a range of about 300-330 before the fuel light, only a 40L tank though

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
exactly 315 miles to 41 litres - about 35mpg real world. Not sure if that's normal or broken though !

RS 197
It's like golf right? The lower the score the better :)
I don't have to drive very far week to week and petrol is cheap at the moment.

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
The car says 36 mpg average since we brought the car, i think that's good because its all been local small journeys, haven't had the chance to see what mpg we get on a nice long run yet.
David

I track my car/bike mileage religiously (anything that looks like spreadsheets while I'm at work is fair game) and with my FF 182 got an average of 36.9 mpg over 15,552 for the year I had it. That's a cost of £2,328.44 which equates to £0.146/mile!

Driving was mostly motorway as my commute was 65 miles a day and was the main reason in not keeping the car as I felt I wasn't using it as was intended. Ended up getting a diesel armchair on wheels repmobile with 6 gears.

However I'm now much closer to work with a nice back road commute so in the market for a hot hatch again :smile:. Interested to see if the real world figures on the new turbo model are anywhere near the manufacturers figures.

Clio Sport 182
Clio 182 with no mods. Trip Manchester to Portsmouth taking M6 non toll -> M42 -> M40 -> A34 -> M27. Trip computer were set at 70 and occasionally i had to come off. The result was 44.5 mpg after 245 miles

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I think mine must be broke going by these results. Driving as steadily as I can I can never get it over 35 mpg now. The emissions stink too, is that normal?

gralegav

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Gordini, Fiat
Got 19mpg on a 15min session at Castle Combe on Saturday!! That is a record low for me. Needs to be worse.
Got it back to 35mpg on the drive home. Hopefully will get 45+mpg on the 4 hour drive to North Wales on the weekend like last time I drove up there.
Snap! Got a low of 18.8 at Combe on Friday, then 34 on the way home on the motorway, 182.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
I've posted in here previous with my old PH2 Mk2, but now I've got a Mk4 dCi so probably time to update my previous figure.

I get 60 around town (55 with the AC on, which IMO isn't bad) and I've had 75 on a motorway at 60 with the cruise control on. Driving it to France in a week, so will see how it performs. I reckon I should be able to do around 750-800 miles out of the 10 gallon tank anyway, if I sit at 60.

That's using Shell V-Power Nitro+ Diesel by the way - not sure about supermarket fuel or Shell's cheap stuff. I only use the expensive stuff as I get double Shell points that convert to Avios with BA, and work cover my fuel anyway. I effectively get a free flight once a year - it's 2 points per litre and I use about 450 litres a month, give or take a few. Tack on any promotions and it's a decent haul of points considering I don't pay out of my own pocket anyway.

Last edited:
Decided to do an eco run to the gym today, 16 mile round trip and mostly 30 zones with a 5p stretch. Got 48.1mpg all round but usualy get 35 bp ultimate in my 172

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Hi guys,
I live in France (about an hour from lemans) and here the roads are empty rarely any traffic at all!!
On average I get 34 to 38 mpg out of a tank, this being said I have only had the car a few weeks BUT, I regularly drive to Paris for work so I took the Clio this time and on "total 98 Ron" the car managed 46.7 mpg over 120 miles at 95 km/h ( speed limit)
But once in traffic and mean really heavy traffic (28km in just under 2 hours), I reset the trip and over those 28 km I got 16.2 mpg.
So on my trip there and back with some driving around Paris my mpg at the pump was 40.26mpg.
Do the french cars also display MPG on the trip computer? wondered if they display KM per L

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Driving it to France in a week, so will see how it performs. I reckon I should be able to do around 750-800 miles out of the 10 gallon tank anyway, if I sit at 60.

Suppose I should update this, as I returned this afternoon.

I managed to do 68mpg on the first tank - I got from Runcorn, just outside Liverpool to Folkestone, over to Calais (although the train did that bit) and down to Brugge on less than half a tank! A total of 385 miles, excluding the chunnel. In total from that tank I did Runcorn-Folkestone-Brugge-Folkestone-Milton Keynes, which is 632 miles out of 8.2 gallons, give or take. The trip computer is not exactly known for being spot on, so I've taken it with a pinch of salt. I did hit 70 at various points on the way down, used the air con etc. Surprising how much fuel the air con uses, to be honest! :confused: Either way, 68mpg is pretty good taking that into consideration.

This is the map of how far I managed on a tank, either way.

cgQAv3a.png

I filled up in MK and sat behind the lorries on the way back up the M1/M6/M56 and managed to hit 95mpg (!). I did 155 miles from MK to home on just under a gallon and a half :cool::smiley: Not bad on fuel, these Mk4 Clio diesels...
:cool:

Clio 182 FF - 20mpg track (£0.25p/pm)
Clio 182 FF - 35mpg road (£0.142p/pm)
Mondeo ST 155 - 50mpg (£0.10p/pm)
BMW i3 - 80 e-miles (£0.025p/pm)

2013 Clio 0.9 Tce
Mk4 clio 0.9tce. On average I get 43.4 mpg but then I do tiny trips to work as its too far to walk but really speaking still a tiny trip. But seen it go towards 50mpg on longer journeys. I am a little heavy footed and I never drive in eco mode

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
172 Cup, drive it for my 38 mile commute (38 there, 38 back) and it's traffic in the morning and clear in the evening. I usually get between 44 and 45.5 mpg, driving like a saint because it's the only thing to keep me occupied through the traffic. Mostly A/B roads on the commute, and the car is always run on 98 Vpower.

Clio 182 Trophy
I'm getting about 22 - 23 atm in a 182 Trophy. It's my work car at the moment so going to viewings in Oxford all within about 3 miles of each other. Short journeys & awful traffic :(

2005 Clio 182
My 2005 182 gets av. 40mpg. That's with a mix of dual carriageway cruising and putting some civics on B-roads in their place ahah!

Using a fuel system cleaner, chaninging your oil on the reg and keeping an eye on tyre pressures are small yet inexpensive things that will make a decent impact on consumption.

172 cup
172 cup, commute is 22miles each way on A roads. Mpg stands at 33.5 mpg over 6371 miles

This is worked out properly, quoting the computer is pretty irrelevant.

Last edited:

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Typically get around 30 mpg on 6 mile commute to work. Went down to Flamingo Land (around 160 mile round trip) and averaged 39 mpg.

Westfield, 182, 200
Getting 40mpg out of my Fiesta ST2, but miss the Clio sports (had 5 in total!).
Wife has an Audi TT at the moment, but said a couple of weeks ago, she wants an inferno 182!

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
Oh and my long term average for the M3 is just over 25mpg. Not bad. However, my previous 1 series diesel long term average was 50mpg (and it had more torque.. :D).