ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The White 182

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Not much to report at the moment as its all as i bought it. The plan is something which i can use on my short commute and also for some light track use at Castle Combe next spring. Nothing mad.

Over winter i plan to colour code the mirrors, sort the door strips out and the hideous spoiler. I also want new wheels, a half cage and some nicer seats. Probably trendlines but i dont want to waste too much money on it tbh. Once winter is over i'll get some coilovers. Oh and a RS tuner map is about all on the tuning front.

This is the spec/list of things recently from when i bought it -

Stainless exhaust system inc de-cat

Forge black silicone intake pipe

Clio cup/v6 airbox conversion with big cold feed and Pipercross filter.

Fully serviced inc plugs/oil/pollen filters and very expensive Millers fully synth oil 5w40 oil.

Complete cambelt kit change inc water pump and new coolant - also new dephaser pulley!

Pure Motorsport Aircon Delete Kit (Cost over £300)

Brembo HC discs all round and brembo pads.

Brake fluid flush with dot 5.1 brake fluid.

New genuine Renault shock absorbers all round inc new front top mounts.

Eibach Sportlines

All the front ARB bushes.

Lower ball joints, Both track rod ends and one inner rack joint, wheel alignment done.

Carbon badges front and back.

Powerflex dogbone Mount kit.

Short Shift Link.

Flat wiper blades.

Smaller 3/4 front number plate.

Silvertek front indicator bulbs.

Front Splitter.

Copied straight from the ad.

I'll update as and when obviously. Will help my memory when i get bored/fed up and sell it..haha

As it currently looks -

8d15cc9a.jpg

KGrHqFk8E64gLfddNBOwBDK8m60_12.jpg

and took the fuel rail guard off to find it has the RS stamped inlet which i beleive is better than the earlier ones

e89910b8.jpg

Not a fan, as it stands, but your plans for it sound like you'll transform it. Look forward to seeing the finished result :) guessing it's sprayed rather than wrapped?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yea mate. Time for change but will go back vag at some point no doubt..

Ibiza FR Edition
Think I spotted you just over a week ago going into Avonmouth!
Also just noticed you have taken a photo outside Davies turner, which is where i work.

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
PHP:
Think I spotted you just over a week ago going into Avonmouth!
Also just noticed you have taken a photo outside Davies turner, which is where i work.

If that was you on the way in the morning then yes it was fella..:)

Dont worry it'll be de-chaved soon..haha

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Is it faster than the bora?.. ie straight line?

Im sure you will work wonders in your ownership. :approve:

No not as quick in a straight line. Especially at higher speeds. It goes well though and nice to be able to hammer the corners again! You can drive a clio like a crazy man. I love lift off oversteer! haha

Cheers though matey. I certainly have a few plans! ;)

Black Gold Trophy
Should be awesome when it's done.
Is the dephaser rattling or are you just planning to replace it while everythings apart for the cambelt? I've found providing they are serviced regularly with good oil, the dephasers behave.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Should be awesome when it's done.
Is the dephaser rattling or are you just planning to replace it while everythings apart for the cambelt? I've found providing they are serviced regularly with good oil, the dephasers behave.

It was done just before i bought it as it was starting to rattle. So no worries now.

i am a little stunned the bora went for the 182....

The Bora was the longest i've owned a car. I was getting bored and its not the best car for winter due to lowz and i couldnt stand to raise it much. I thought i'd hoon about in the clio over winter and probably just buy something a bit more fun next summer. Maybe a S2K. But keep the clio.

look crap as it is now :dapprove:

I know...

And a clip of my bad boy exhaust i need to get sorted as im 26 not 18..

[video]http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/Tom_White/?action=view&current=fd8424df.mp4[/video]

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well i considered selling it. The low end torque annoys me a little but after serveral long blats with a Corsa VXR and the clio coming out on top every time it cant be a bad one thats for sure. One minute i love it, the next i have doubts. I think it just needs some Tom love. Therefore this week i have taken delivery of -

A cup spoiler
FK Konigsport coilovers
Some pretty red ignition leads

Its gay im off to London this weeked or i'd be having fun fitting it all.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My thoughts exactly but my Mrs is demanding. I even have to go and watch Sheeran the emo c**t. But my best mate lives there so i can get ruined in Camden.

The RR day, remap, coils, cup spoiler and leads would have been a awesome weekend. :(

When we meet you'll have to take mine for a blat see how it feels compared to yours..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys. Trial fitted the cup spoiler in black. It's getting painted white though. Dirty preview pic -

89a0bdf3.jpg

ce5b67c1.jpg

Punto/Clio GTT
id leave it black, wouldnt look right in white IMO!

your car looks badass, love it

id probably spray your door handles black though, maybe photoshop it

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Looking gooood matey :) Wish I was 26 and not 18.. Then I could have something with some go! lol a MK1 1.2 with 60hp just isn't the same :rasp:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The car now sounds supercharged so off to get a new gearbox on the weekend..the joys of Renault ownership..lol

Also, coilovers go on tomos. :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Black looks good in the flesh but im thinking a dark anth. Iphone pics make it look a bit shocking. I like Turini's but just cant do it. I'm going to have a look/think..

Chocolate Orange 172
Looking at yours has made me decide 100% to lower mine on Eibach sportlines :race:

Very nice looking car, I would keep the rear spoiler black though, think it looks better than if it was white

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Tomsx, are you fitting the box at the weekend?
If so do you want to sell the old one.

I need a scrap one to cut the bellhousing off, but I need it by this weekend sadly.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looking at yours has made me decide 100% to lower mine on Eibach sportlines :race:

Very nice looking car, I would keep the rear spoiler black though, think it looks better than if it was white

Yeah the sportlines are great tbh. But im hoping my Konigsports will be better..haha! The sportlines will be staying with me just incase i want them back on though. Do it.

Spoiler is also staying black for now. I've got some other bits i want to do before i pay for paint.

Aah i see, and Why not turinis lol? 2118's?

Just a bit common although they do look good. PITA to clean too. Certainly not going for 2118's, not my bag. I'd rather Comp TH2's..

TH2-1775_l.gif

But then theyd be no fun to clean..haha

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Tomsx, are you fitting the box at the weekend?
If so do you want to sell the old one.

I need a scrap one to cut the bellhousing off, but I need it by this weekend sadly.

I doubt it'd go on this weekend unfortunately. Just awaiting to hear if i can get it Sat or Sun. But then i rely on my mates to fit it with me.