ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, XBOX ONE, PS4)

Evo 5 RS
I think I'm level 69 at the moment (or high 60's). I've played through ALL quests and missions on the original game and the NG+ stuff and the Heart of Stone DLC.

Last time i picked this up, even after 150 hours and playing through Hearts of Stone - within 5 minutes I found a small quest I hadn't done lol. There's a few free ones added recently. Think I am one level away from the Viper armor, or being able to use it that is

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
45359551f134805cf10322b055d98bd5.jpg

Timer says 1d 6.00 hours though [emoji30]

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've still got 18 hours to wait until the download becomes available via GOG. That said, I didn't realise I had credit in my GOG account (not sure where it's come from!) so I got the Blood and Wine DLC for just under 9 quid :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Kind of glad that I never got further in Witcher 3 than look out of the balcony. With the DLCs appearing to add much to the core game - I thinking setting off with an unbiased/unplayed expectation is going to be a good thing!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Everything ok mate? :smile:

I just checked and I'm at Level 68. I'm a quarter bar short of 69'ing (and how I'd like to 69-up with Ciri.... but that's a different story!)

Witcher fans in the office can't understand how you've got to that Level m8. Any screenies to prove them otherwise! :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Witcher fans in the office can't understand how you've got to that Level m8. Any screenies to prove them otherwise! :smile:
Hahaha, yeah - no problem. I'll grab some tonight when I have a go :)

It's tough in places though. It's so easy to get taken out in one hit if you mess up your attack, forget to activate your Quen or similar. I got killed by one hit from a level 74 bandit :(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Here you go (Level 70). Hopefully I'll have a bit of gameplay video footage soon, too... if I can be bothered! Enjoying the game too much at present!

20160602180734_1_zpse3y623tt.jpg

20160602180700_1_zpsaebdxrwf.jpg

20160602180705_1_zpsn7krjmvp.jpg

20160602180748_1_zps52zyyepq.jpg

As usual, I'm working my way around the undiscovered locations and side quests first, and then I'll carry on with the main story line.

EDIT: I'm playing PC version with Xbox One game pad :)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the season pass yesterday, £19.99 for both expansions versus £15.99 for Blood & Wine is a no-brainer. Looking forward to giving the game a proper go!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the season pass yesterday, £19.99 for both expansions versus £15.99 for Blood & Wine is a no-brainer. Looking forward to giving the game a proper go!

Same here. I've had the core game pretty much since the day it was released, but not played it. Just this morning, I ordered the Expansion Pass so I've nabbed both of those DLCs.

Hopefully should look particularly good on the 1080 I ordered this morning too! :cool:

Evo 5 RS
I'm level 68 or something. 153 hours. I can see how Sharky has put more in, although that's an insane amount of time! I think by the time i've done Blood and Wine that will be at least 180 hours.

LOL at how many consumables you have Sharky. Although depends what difficulty as the one I am playing on, health does not replenish by meditating.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Just restarted playing and I'm still in white orchard! This is my ng+ on top difficulty though and I'm already lv38 so should be good for the dlc when it unlocks.
@SharkeyUk do you have lv70 weapons? I have one that's lv57 but I'm just wondering if they keep getting stronger?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Same here. I've had the core game pretty much since the day it was released, but not played it. Just this morning, I ordered the Expansion Pass so I've nabbed both of those DLCs.

Hopefully should look particularly good on the 1080 I ordered this morning too! :cool:
The queue of unplayed games, I know it well.

It's criminal how often I buy season pass/expansions for games and never actually go back and play the game again after finishing original main game.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
It will look very good mate. It looks great on my 980 Ti. Whack up the settings and enjoy the vistas (especially when you play the Blood and Wine DLC).

I'm level 68 or something. 153 hours. I can see how Sharky has put more in, although that's an insane amount of time! I think by the time i've done Blood and Wine that will be at least 180 hours.

LOL at how many consumables you have Sharky. Although depends what difficulty as the one I am playing on, health does not replenish by meditating.
Yeah - it's a fair chunk of time! I was determined to explore all the map and hunt every single side quest, contract and treasure hunt! As for the consumables, they come in very handy! I'm playing on top difficulty so don't regenerate either. When a single hit from a meagre bandit can take most of your health in one go (if you don't die) then it helps to have a few just in case. To be honest, I've got so many items in my inventory I can't even be bothered to go through and sort it out as it's too much hassle to drop so much stuff or to find traders who can afford to buy all my gear! :tonguewink:

Just restarted playing and I'm still in white orchard! This is my ng+ on top difficulty though and I'm already lv38 so should be good for the dlc when it unlocks.
@SharkeyUk do you have lv70 weapons? I have one that's lv57 but I'm just wondering if they keep getting stronger?
To be honest mate, I can't remember what level my weapons are (they were the highest attainable weapons / armour after the Hearts of Stone DLC). I've not bothered upgrading to anything new yet really. That said, some of the weapons in my inventory are a fair bit more lethal than what I tend to use and they have continued to grow in lethality and attributes in accordance with my levelling up. I have several quests for new armour and weapon sets as well... Grandmaster something or other... I'm only focusing on the map exploration and locations at the moment and haven't really followed the quests. Through doing this I have come across diagrams for improved armour and weapons. I also have a sword that required a Level 70 so it's nice to have that. I think it deals about 900 damage per hit :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The queue of unplayed games, I know it well.

It's criminal how often I buy season pass/expansions for games and never actually go back and play the game again after finishing original main game.
I've normally got away with it on the better titles. Nothing worse than playing through a very good to excellent game - complete it, then an expansion comes out. I'd much rather have the full suite to begin with.

Evo 5 RS
It will look very good mate. It looks great on my 980 Ti. Whack up the settings and enjoy the vistas (especially when you play the Blood and Wine DLC).

Yeah - it's a fair chunk of time! I was determined to explore all the map and hunt every single side quest, contract and treasure hunt! As for the consumables, they come in very handy! I'm playing on top difficulty so don't regenerate either. When a single hit from a meagre bandit can take most of your health in one go (if you don't die) then it helps to have a few just in case. To be honest, I've got so many items in my inventory I can't even be bothered to go through and sort it out as it's too much hassle to drop so much stuff or to find traders who can afford to buy all my gear! :tonguewink:

To be honest mate, I can't remember what level my weapons are (they were the highest attainable weapons / armour after the Hearts of Stone DLC). I've not bothered upgrading to anything new yet really. That said, some of the weapons in my inventory are a fair bit more lethal than what I tend to use and they have continued to grow in lethality and attributes in accordance with my levelling up. I have several quests for new armour and weapon sets as well... Grandmaster something or other... I'm only focusing on the map exploration and locations at the moment and haven't really followed the quests. Through doing this I have come across diagrams for improved armour and weapons. I also have a sword that required a Level 70 so it's nice to have that. I think it deals about 900 damage per hit :smile:

lol, Andy. I've just realised I'm level 39! I've no idea how you managed to get that high a level :D! Just leveled up enough to use the Viper Armour from Heart of Stone. It's dark looking. Also, the 1080 GTX munches through this game at 1440p. Literally no problem maxed out sitting at 60 frames.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
lol, Andy. I've just realised I'm level 39! I've no idea how you managed to get that high a level :smiley:! Just leveled up enough to use the Viper Armour from Heart of Stone. It's dark looking. Also, the 1080 GTX munches through this game at 1440p. Literally no problem maxed out sitting at 60 frames.
An easy mistake to make Mike... 39, 68... pretty much the same really... LOL! There's no real secret to how I attained this level; insomnia (and only needing 5-6 hours of sleep a night) provides ample time usually!

I remember why I was put off a little by this game - Gwent. It's rubbish!
You can just ignore that bit if you want! I quite enjoyed it once I had built up near on complete sets of cards for the different factions.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I rock at gwent, it's great. I thought it was tough at first but once you figure out a giid deck its easy. I don't get the ps4 trophy for collecting all the base cards though.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Here's another video I put together showing some gameplay from Blood and Wine. It's a bit boring as I've deliberately steered away from anything that might spoil the game for those who are yet to embark on the adventure! Sadly the Youtube compression has severely wrecked the quality but hey-ho - still looks ok. I recommend playing back at 1080p and 60fps if your browser supports it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
lol, Andy. I've just realised I'm level 39! I've no idea how you managed to get that high a level :smiley:! Just leveled up enough to use the Viper Armour from Heart of Stone. It's dark looking. Also, the 1080 GTX munches through this game at 1440p. Literally no problem maxed out sitting at 60 frames.

Winning! Hurry up Scan! :smile:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hahahaha, just stumbled across a cool little quest where Roach steals the show. She's quite, well... she's cool :smile: When you come across this quest in the Blood and Wine DLC (you'll know when) then be sure to explore all the conversation avenues. It's good to see the developers can take the pi$$ out of themselves. Also be sure to check out the updated Bestiary entry for Roach upon completion of the quest...

(Well, I thought it was pretty cool anyway...)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
...and in other news, just completed an EPIC battle against 25-30 bandits at Level 74-78. One hit from them and I was dead... I was unable to stop the runner calling in reinforcements in time hence it was a motherf**king tough fight. I wanted to go to bed 2 hours ago but it took me longer than that to get past them. Satisfying :)