ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, XBOX ONE, PS4)

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
The thing that I really noticed as well, is how much time must've been taken with all the voice acting and dialogue.

The total amount of dialogue in this game is insane, you have long conversations with just about any quest related character, and then you add in all the things random characters in the world say, like the people in the city, the kids say different things, the strumpets say different things, it's massive.

It's not basic dialogue either, it's period and intelligent, fair play the the writers.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Why can't I get motivated to play this?

It's weird - I literally start in that room with the balcony - look out to the amazing scenery and then simply switch it off!

I wonder if it's the same feeling you get when a thousand page novel is at the side of you and everyone says it's awesome?

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS

It's weird - I literally start in that room with the balcony - look out to the amazing scenery and then simply switch it off!

I wonder if it's the same feeling you get when a thousand page novel is at the side of you and everyone says it's awesome?

Helps if you've played the previous games, I guess. You should definitely give it the time of day, though. It's one of the best games ever made. 150+ hours into it here.

ut-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:1152&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C2048%3A1152&background-color=black.jpg

ut-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:1152&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C2048%3A1152&background-color=black.jpg

These screens are with some reshade effects, and ini tweaks I made when I was playing
ea5a61bc_Capture1.png

eedea61e_Capture4.png

1920x1080px-LL-1dc96580_witcher32015-05-2819-19-29.png

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I know what you mean - a couple of lads in the office think its amazing.

Ironically, I played most of the first game. Then did little else in the second game other than several rounds in the arena. Now even less in the third installment. If I compare this to the Mass Effect trilogy, I literally played nothing else until I completed each one of those games. I just don't know why given the multitude of awards and praise that this game gets - it just doesn't entice me in.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

There's no helping some people... :tonguewink:

RS Clio 182
I just got this off the PS store this week - never really been a fantasy/RPG fan,last one i bought was The Story Of Thor on Megadrive in 1995 haha.

But i has to try this just for the sheer scale and peoples reviews on it - im loving it so far,just clearing out the ?s and !s in White Orchard before we leave. The dialogue and voice acting is top notch and the graphics and lighting brilliant. I play too many 'realism' games so this is a breath of fresh air!

F82 M4
Helps if you've played the previous games, I guess. You should definitely give it the time of day, though. It's one of the best games ever made. 150+ hours into it here.

To be honest mate I've never played the previous 2 and I still think it is the best game ever made :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Please be good, please be good...

"Netflix is developing and producing a new English language drama series based on The Witcher, the globally popular fantasy saga from Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski, that has entranced legions of fans worldwide after playing the game series."

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I've been playing this a few weeks now. Picked up the GOTY for cheap and it's epic. One of the best games I've ever played.

Took me about 10 hours before I was properly into it. Now I can't stop playing it

F82 M4
Blood and wine is bloody difficult though. Feel like I'm back to square one
I actually preferred the story of Hearts of Stone to Blood and Wine. I thought the characters Olgierd von Everec and Gaunter O'Dimm were absolutely superb. Great story that was!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I actually preferred the story of Hearts of Stone to Blood and Wine. I thought the characters Olgierd von Everec and Gaunter O'Dimm were absolutely superb. Great story that was!
I think if hearts and stone was set in a new country like blood and wine then it would have rivalled the wild hunt story for sure

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Definitely mate. Took me that long to get to grips with everything ie signs/alchemy/potions/weapons etc. Once you know what you're doing it's a brilliant game

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe that's the stage I need to get to? Rather than getting to the bit where I have my first encounter and then leave it unplayed again!
I'm still at this stage.
It got deleted off the PS4 as I needed the space.
I really should give it a go, I just don't get time anymore.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've never bothered with gwent. Seems mighty confusing
That's what I thought initially but it's actually really simple at its heart. it's just getting over that initial learning curve and it can actually be quite enjoyable. Especially as you build up the card collection. It also helps on some of the quests where you have to successfully win Gwent tournaments, etc.

F82 M4
Maybe that's the stage I need to get to? Rather than getting to the bit where I have my first encounter and then leave it unplayed again!
Took me a couple of hours to get drawn in. Now I think it's the best video game ever made, ever.

The story easily rivals most Hollywood films

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I still find myself trying to find some spare time to get back into this to finish it, such a good game.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
6.5 years late to this.

The GOTY version was recently £6.99 on Xbox store, and after loving the Netflix Series I decided to give it a punt.

f**k me dead. It’s the best game I’ve ever played. I’m not really much of a gamer, I have a launch Xbox One running this, and I’ve managed to put in a dreadful amount of hours already. Even my other half, who has never played a game in her life, is completely obsessed.

Any game which included real time beard growth as a detail is going to be good.

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
It's absolutely mint. If anything I found it too much. I think I managed about 30% completion before life took over. Think I am going to revisit it given how much I am enjoying the Netflix stuff.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just seen this, had a quick look on some posts and it looks canny, also had a look on PS Store it's on special for £6.99 and eBay new it's like £16 ish. For £7 i thought I'd get it. How many hours is it to complete the game straight through and how much is there for side missions, is it like RDR2 sort of mission style.

And yes I'm also a big fan on the Netflix series it's really good

For like me who's never played Witcher how should i start this game?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Mate you’ll be pressed to do less than 100 hours for the main+side quests I reckon, and that’s without just roaming about, finding new places and DLC.

The amount of detail is this is genuinely mental.

It’ll take you a good few hours to find your feet. The first main area you reach called White Orchard, it’s a region in its own right but really is there to help you understand the mechanics of the game. I’d suggest exploring everywhere here first, rather than just following the main story.

Enjoy. It’s epic.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Oh, and learn Gwent at the beginning. It’s the in game card game. It’s tedious at first but now it’s actually fun - it will also open up some cool side quests later on.

Loot everything too.

Last edited:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I tried it again last year at work and I just couldn't get into it.
I'd lost my save and had to start again and I just really couldn't be bothered to go through it all, it just seemed so slow. I know I've missed out on a massive game but it looks dated now graphically, IMO.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
One of my all-time fave games. Good advice above! Fully explore White Orchard as there are quest items you can only get once at the beginning of the game... important if you like 100%-ing a game like I do. [emoji1787][emoji23] Gwent cards for example...

I pumped just short of 300 hours into it. Looking forward to the remaster.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
What's pretty crazy is in an industry where the rate of change and progress is so quick, no one has been able to better this game in over 6 years now. Some might say RDR2 does, and they may be right, but it would be marginal.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've delayed my first (still!) playthrough of this game until as Andy (@SharkyUK) says, the remaster is released. I believe that it's Q2 of this year?

The XBox GOTY version is listed as £15.99 on cdkeys, but is currently out of stock.