ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, XBOX ONE, PS4)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Woah, this sounds rather awesome... Time to blow the dust off and play again!
Definitely - I'm playing through again. I still love the game. I'm making sure I focus on collecting ALL the Gwent cards this time as it's a pain in the ass if you leave it to the end (and there's a chance you'll miss cards due to quest lines taking away characters that hold cards you need).

With my new game, I've started with Death March difficulty... so much more fun. The first enemy (ghoul) I encountered was Level 32... :smile:

340i
Definitely - I'm playing through again. I still love the game. I'm making sure I focus on collecting ALL the Gwent cards this time as it's a pain in the ass if you leave it to the end (and there's a chance you'll miss cards due to quest lines taking away characters that hold cards you need).

With my new game, I've started with Death March difficulty... so much more fun. The first enemy (ghoul) I encountered was Level 32... :smile:

This.

I didn't bother with them first time round, played 3 matches, lost all, instant dislike and ignored them through the whole game!

When I reached the end I was kicking myself :(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
LOL! I feel your pain! I found that, once I had persevered with Gwent for a while (and got the knack of it), it became much more tolerable. Even enjoyable sometimes! It's actually fairly easy to win once you know the patterns and how the AI plays the game.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
LOL! I feel your pain! I found that, once I had persevered with Gwent for a while (and got the knack of it), it became much more tolerable. Even enjoyable sometimes! It's actually fairly easy to win once you know the patterns and how the AI plays the game.
I tried it once. Didn't bother again!

Think I'll give the game another go.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone bought the Hearts of Stone DLC?
Yes mate, I'm still playing this game and loving it. Currently at level 52 and climbing on my second play-through (although I haven't actually embarked on the new content yet). For 7-8 quid I think it's a steal (even though it's only a short-lived expansion).

Evo 8 MR
Yes mate, I'm still playing this game and loving it. Currently at level 52 and climbing on my second play-through (although I haven't actually embarked on the new content yet). For 7-8 quid I think it's a steal (even though it's only a short-lived expansion).
Cool, I thoroughly enjoyed the DLC and it was great to get back into the game. Do you use the new armour set at all? I crafted it and tried it on but not blown away by it so switched back to mastercrafted ursine armour.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Cool, I thoroughly enjoyed the DLC and it was great to get back into the game. Do you use the new armour set at all? I crafted it and tried it on but not blown away by it so switched back to mastercrafted ursine armour.
Excellent - that's good to hear. I'm looking forward to playing through the new content :) As for the new armour set... I have to confess that I'm still wearing the Mastercrafted Wolven Armour from my first play-through. It is woefully inadequate compared to even 'basic' armour at this level... but I'm playing through on Death March difficulty and making the game a bit more challenging by refusing to upgrade! LOL! I'm using the improved weapons though. I'm still working through the treasure hunts and, once I've acquired all the armour sets, I'll take a look and see what's what. In the meantime I just have to remain patient and dodging / blocking a lot as it's very easy to get killed... :tonguewink:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Just picked this up to give it a go, any hints for a new guy to witcher?

It got game of the year so worth a blast.
I wouldn't want to spoil it so just enjoy it mate. It doesn't matter that you've not played previous Witcher games either :) If you get sucked in like I did then prepare to lose many hours on it... especially if you go for 100% completion on every single quest (main and sides).

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Bumping this - The Witcher 2 is free on the Xbox Store... And is backwards compatible on the Xbox One, too, if anyone's interested.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Picked this up today. Had a couple of hours on it and it seems pretty decent. Didn't wait for the update (ps4) but I'm hoping it fixes some details such as masses of missing water, shading details etc.
Game play will take a while to get used to I think. I also managed sell things in my inventory by mistake, thinking I could click on it to see more detail. I can't. X means sell! Just mixed my potion to bait this Griffin. Managed to do a couple of side quests too although I failed chasing the store keeper after retrieving his box because my horse decided to get stuck in a hedge when returning to me!

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Haven't played this since finishing it near release, so can't comment on updates, it was very glitchy at launch as expected for such a big open world RPG, so I'm sure they fixed a lot. I remember there being some rendering and frame rate issues in certain areas that were texture heavy like the swamp/bog area.

I bought the Season Pass at launch and have the DLC downloaded but haven't bothered playing it because I've got too many games stacking up and I can't be bothered at getting good at it again.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yes - this happens. A lot! Updates do improve the and fix quite a few issues (including buggy missions) so I would recommend updating before getting too far into the game.

Yeah I'll install the update before playing next. I just didn't want to wait for the 3 hour download before starting it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Still not managed to have too much time on this, which I really do need. I might take it away with me when I'm away with work next week for something to do in the evenings.
I'm only level 3 but have tried (and failed, many times) to kill bandits at level 16. Well, managed to kill one then the rest of them absolutely battered me.
I really need to learn which battles to fight! Only just killed a wraith (devil at the well) after realising you need to read the books you find for hints etc.
It's a big game to take in.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm only level 3 but have tried (and failed, many times) to kill bandits at level 16. Well, managed to kill one then the rest of them absolutely battered me.
Ouch! Yes, enemies that are that far higher in level than yourself will generally kick seven shades of s**t out of you! It takes a bit of time to get into the combat side of things but you soon learn which combos work well against various enemies and which strategies work against different creatures, etc. I had a fight with the Arch Griffin (which you'll no doubt encounter later in the game) and it took me a good hour or so to kill the damn thing (and a few retries).

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You could probably beat the whole game at level 3 once you perfect the (ignii?) sign that gives you a shield.

Use sign, get hits in, dodge, when you do get hit you lose shield, so use it again, as long as you're giving enough time to generate.

Only time this doesn't really work is against those wraits that you need to trap in a space to turn them, because you're having to use multiple signs.

I completed this game twice, a second time to clear up some things for completion purposes, and the second time I didn't want to do side stuff and levelling, just power through the quest; I was under levelled, but just by using the shield sign thing it made it all quite easy (although sometimes a bit of a drag, Eredin at the end took s**t loads of hits).

It's also why I'm reluctant to play the DLC, I saved over my first playthrough and only have that second playthrough file, and don't want the DLC to be a slog being under levelled. 😧

EDIT: Also, some decoction combos were ridiculously overpowered, but I'd imagine they've been nurfed by now, this was at launch.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a few more hours on this now. Slowly getting used to it.

Cleated all of the White Orchard locations that I can access. Slowly leveling up, now at the heady heights of Level 4... Takes a while to level up just killing ghouls and downers. Managed to clear a few monsters nests too once I managed to source/loot the ingredients for the bombs.

This will be a long game for me as I've been limited on console time recently.

Is there a way to do failed tasks again? I failed a few very early on.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a few more hours on this now. Slowly getting used to it.

Cleated all of the White Orchard locations that I can access. Slowly leveling up, now at the heady heights of Level 4... Takes a while to level up just killing ghouls and downers. Managed to clear a few monsters nests too once I managed to source/loot the ingredients for the bombs.

This will be a long game for me as I've been limited on console time recently.

Is there a way to do failed tasks again? I failed a few very early on.
Don't forget to collect all the Gwent cards from NPC's along the way... which can be a b**tard of a task!

If you've failed a task then it will stay that way; you cannot go back later to retry.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Don't forget to collect all the Gwent cards from NPC's along the way... which can be a b**tard of a task!

If you've failed a task then it will stay that way; you cannot go back later to retry.
Balls!
I might start again now I know what I'm doing. I'm not actually that far in I suppose in the grand scheme of things.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
According to sources the new "Blood and Wine" DLC will offer 30+ hours gameplay, 90 new quests, 40 new points of interest, 20 new monsters and over 2 hours of new musical content. Sounds good to me.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Woot, can't wait. 155 hours into this game and counting with this expansion. Think that's the most time I've ever put into a single player game. Well, perhaps besides Skyrim.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
155 hours, what level is your Geralt up to? I think I reached lv 35ish and played a lot of hours. I've got weapon schematics that are lv42 requirement so need to play a few more hours! I've done everything in the game so far though so can't level up without playing ng+. If I start that though I'll lose all my Gwent cards and I'd like to add the new ones to my current deck.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I'm not sure if I've got the season pass or not. Fallout 4 DLC today, but not buying it - don't see the point as my time is limited at the moment, and would rather use what time i have on this.