ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The worst day ever.....

Clio 1.4 16V
Hi, not writing to ask for help.
Just getting my anger out my system.

Today, driving along, almost late and making good time to get where I needed to be, I thought that nothing could stand in my way.

Unitill my exhaust 'FELL OFF.'

Literally fell off. I wasnt best pleased, my part-time McDonalds job leaves me with £10 in my pocket and a new exhaust to pay for.
Lucky my old mans in the motor trade.
Bosal exhaust for mk2 1.4 16v clio. £27inc VAT. sounds good price??

I will be willowing in self pity tonight.

Feels much beter now its out in the open.

Sarge~

Yeah , could of been much worse,you could have picked up Mark Fowlers tooth brush , and cleaned your teeth with it by mistake.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
Man, if this is worst day for you, crying about an exhaust and 27 pounds f*cking 50 for new one god f*cking help you!!!!!!!!!

D

danh172

mine fell off on thurs nite lol. was all like new, but a weld snapped :mad:! got a new cat back system from kwik fit with 3 year warranty for £210! not bad considering reno wanted 265 just for the middle box!!!! Very pleased with the job they did at kwik fit too!

BMW M135i
Welcome to the world of motoring s**t goes wrong, usaully when you least expect it or at the worst time possible.

ValverInBits
Actual exhaust snaps, happens where the pipe joins the backbox too.

I'll make sure i check my 172 then. Never heard of valvers or any MK1s doing this. My vavler never had any probs.
Praps that says something about the way the build quality is going. who knows

SL.

Valver
Literally fell off. I wasnt best pleased, my part-time McDonalds job leaves me with £10 in my pocket and a new exhaust to pay for.

I work at maccies part time aswell, unlcky about the exhaust though mate.

High five! My pal is a manager at Maccies, can I share some of the love too? :approve:

Unlucky about the exhaust but it isnt the end of the world, could of been ya gearbox :dapprove:

I've heard the Backbox alone for the Vee is over a grand from Renault, and someone on the V6clio.net forum reported replacement cat was £2400 or something mad hehe :D
Megan 225 exchausts are even more £1.5k excluding cat.

To the original poster you got away very lucky there.