ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The worst phone you've ever owned?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
another one for the A300, was bloody hardy for such a little phone though. My favourite to date was my HTC G1, amazing.

275 Trophy
SV208031.jpg

OKI 1130E

Hands up who hasn't got a clue?

It wasn't even digital, so sounded like an old walkie talkie, that's when you could even get a signal. Had a 4 inch wip ariel that pulled out. Battery lasted 8 hours if you didn't use it, 2 if you did. I used to be able to keep an emergency fiver behind the battery when out and about. No text messages; the letters aren't even on the same keys as modern phones. Sat in it's charging cradle when at home - if anybody rang I had to run up to the loft with it to talk.

I took it to work and everybody, to a man, said "what a w**ker, who do you think you are some kind of yuppie/stock brooker?"
When I mentioned that I thought everyone of them would have one in the future, they took the piss even more.

Thanks to this thread, I've just found:

http://www.retrofones.com/1130e-sale-p-180.html

and realised it could be worth 400 quid. Still have it in a box under the bed as it was a birthday present.

CS delivers :approve:

Another vote for the Samsung U600... looked the business at the time but sent back 2 under warranty for the broken touch menu button thingys...

Moto RAZR was shocking as well. I got it when I was in my teens purely because I wanted a flip phone. It didn't make the bottom of my list however, as I accidentally ran it over one day and despite the screen on the outside being completely destroyed, the internal one was still fine lol!

Last edited:
  Clio 182 FF
Worse mobile i've ever had was the Nokia N96,i ended up having it replaced 10 times and in the end after a lot of complaining Carphone Warehouse gave in and gave me a credit note worth £595.99 to buy any mobile i wanted except an Iphone,so the girl in the shop said i could spend it on anything,so ended up buying Sony PS3 and an Ipod touch 32GB.As I only had 3 months left of my contract i ended up buying my mates 3GS as he'd just got his replaced under warranty and was due an upgrade, and now I have the iphone 4 since September,best mobile ever....

Never above 25mpg
Seriously?

They were ace little phones in their day! Loved my little 7250i, with the exception of my 3GS I think its the longest I've owned a phone.

+1 Got mine around my 13th birthday, bought for £130, unlocked it and sold it a month later for £160!!

NEC's around the launch era of the 3 network were bloody awful. hated anything Windows Mobile based as it's just a shocking mobile platform! Loved my Moto MPX200 though

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So I woke up this morning, tried to turn the alarm on my phone off and as soon as my hand touched it... it froze. Also I tried restarting it and it crashed 4 times in a row during start up. When it did start up, the trackpad wasn't working again. So had to pull the battery a further 3 times to get the phone to a useable state.

Blackberry ownership.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I've had BB's for years, Curves, Bolds and the Torch, and never once have I had any problems with them freezing. Are you using a genuine build of the OS and not some hacked up version by Orange/T-Mobile. Also, there are some interesting "releases" of OS6 and OS7 floating about which are leaked Betas yet 'people' still see them as final release versions and just expect them to work perfectly :rolleyes:

Back on topic...

For me, the worst phone I've ever owned was and still is the Sony Erricson X10i Xperia - Terrible touch screen, rubbish/old Android and no future proof support for it. Battery life is pretty poor to considering I only use it for calls and SMS (No data). Its the work phone and I might even buy an iPhone 2G to replace it with.

Clio 172 Cup
Worst phone I've ever had was Sony Ericson T68i, think I had about 8-9 of them in a year.

The joy stick died on them all.

T68i-60.jpg

Best phone I've ever had is my current HTC HD2, it's basically a pocket PC so you can run what ever software you like on it (Android, Windows, Apple).

phillips C12. first phone i had, never worked

BEST PHONE EVAR! You used to be able to turn it off halfway through sending a text and it sent the text for free costying no credit. Also you could go down to any unlock place and get a hack flashed onto it. Because the credit was kept on the phone itself and not remotely, you used to be able to dial a *# number and get £10 credit added!

Haha, I remember my first Motorola mobile had aa batteries in it, they taped them together to try and hide it.

Edition 30
Id probably go with my first ever contract phone... The Nokia N73

It was a great phone, but I must have got through about 8 as they all had faults with them. Orange ended up upgrading me for free.

You're joking! Loved this phone, apart from the little toggle stick braking once or twice it was amazing!

Clio 172 cup
Sony ericsson k850i

When it worked it was amazing

Sadly it hardly ever did and the screen froze every day

Shame cos the k800i and k810i were bulletproof reliability

Sony have gone rapidly down hill since then

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
RIP.

250152_10150642126675385_746700384_18717368_6760801_n.jpg

I either get a white screen, or a fucked up screen. Par. Died peacefully in the night.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Phillips savvy was epic, could send texts for free on it if you knew how to ;)

Any samsung phone i've used had been dier.

Clio 172 Cup
My First ever phone, Motorola M3288, you couldn't even use the contacts in the phone book to send text's to, you had to type the number in.

Motorola-M3288.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
The Savvy and Nokia 3210 were almost single-handedly responsible for the meteoric rise of pre-pay.

And, consequentially, the fall of the English language.

Lotus Elise
The JCB phone, dreadful interface and utterly useless software. It was marketed as the loudest phone on the market yet I still couldn't hear it in the Digger. Pants.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My first ever phone... At school...

Motorola_Manhattan.jpg

Although I always remembered mine being called a montreal but there is zero info on the net!

And another phone I had at school! I was clearly awesome....

Nokia-7110.jpg

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
i can safely say my htc desire hd is the worst phone i have ever had, with every update it gets worse. i updated it the other day and now it wont let me text certain people.

think its time for an iphone

chumpmobile
i can safely say my htc desire hd is the worst phone i have ever had, with every update it gets worse. i updated it the other day and now it wont let me text certain people.

DO. IT.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

You'll never look back mate.

Clio 172
Worst phone hands down HTC HD2 biggest pile of w**k ever. I've had 1 brand new replacement its been sent away for "repair" 3 times roll on September so I can get a new phone! Think I use my phone about 90% less now simply because its a shitter. I left my charger over a friends house last week and I haven't bothered to get it back I'm using a busted up smashed screen SE C902.

Best phone I've ever had probably the Sony Ericsson K850i epic camera looked great and I charged it once a week used it heavily every day through uni. Probably the only phone I've never broken. Had a white and orange walkman one before that too cant remember the name but that was a pretty good phone!

RIP Dan
Iphone, done my fcukin head right in. Gave it back to my boss after 3 weeks and got my SE back.

Would prefer an Ipad for all the toys/net etc and a "normal" phone. The Iphone was too big to keep in my jeans pocket so may as well have a nice big Ipad instead and carry it around and also at least my fat fingers can type on it unlike the Iphone.

The old Nokias were great phones, loved em, life was soo much simpler ;-)

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
worst phone ive had - iphone 4. horrendous. constantly getting them replaced and worst experience of owning a phone. loved my 3gs, but the "upgrade" to the 4 was a terrible decision

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

odd as it is hands down the best phone i have ever owned if you know how to get the best out of it. if not, be a sheep and get the iphone

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Id probably go with my first ever contract phone... The Nokia N73

nokia-n73.gif

It was a great phone, but I must have got through about 8 as they all had faults with them. Orange ended up upgrading me for free.
Yh I loved that phone too, it was just so slow though

Lou

ClioSport Club Member
  182 & 595
Sony K850i - went through 3 of them!

Loved my first phone - a yellow Phillips C12. As people have said about the free texts trick!!

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Nokia N96 overhyped, nokia used to rule the mobile phone Market where are they now....

Posted via my iPhone.....he he

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Nokia N96 overhyped, nokia used to rule the mobile phone Market where are they now....

Posted via my iPhone.....he he

+1 I waited for it after every other person rolling with their n95. Got the n96 and it was as slow as pig s**t, if you accidentally slid it the wrong way, well you were waiting around a minute for it to correct it's self, n97 wasn't much better either.