ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The worst phone you've ever owned?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Was having a conversation with a friend last night, and it turns out after years and years of mobile phone ownership, and 10+ phones each, we're both currently on our worst phones ever.

His is a HTC HD2 with windows mobile (The new version). He hates it because the software is w**k etc.

Mine? The Blackberry Bold 9700. Can I just say to anyone thinking of getting a Blackberry, DO NOT. f**king awful heap of tripe. Again, it's usually the software.

Over the past year here are a list of random software faults:

- Crashing at every single opportunity.
- Not allowing me to open some texts.
- The data connection failing (The "3G" or "GPRS" turn to lower case and I can't do anything)
- Just failing to send texts, make calls etc etc. despite the full 3G signal.
- Recently, the camera stopped working and apparently it's a software problem only fixable by getting the thing sent away to blackberry.
- After a software update, it deleted every "Non - Essential" apps (Games etc).

Hardware faults and build quality are shite too.

-Ever since day one, the button that is apparently a "Mute" or "Play track" button has never worked.
- Lock button stopped working as well, so now I need the leather pouch to lock it.
- The "O" button fell off. This was partly my fault as I stood on the phone, I'll admit that. But my iPhone 3G could take a LOT more abuse than this (weird for a phone that is mostly glass).
- When I make a phonecall I can't hear anything, just a really high pitched squeeking noise.

Damage I've caused:
- Smashed/cracked the screen on the corner of a table in a strip club.
- Twisted/cracked the case when throwing it (and through) a wall.
- The battery cover barely stays on anymore as you have to take it off every 5 mins to do a battery pull.

In summary, this phone is giving me diabetes.

Have to say I have had my bold for a year now and its been the best phone I have ever had. Love using it for email, browsing, fb, ebay as well as normal phone functions.

I like it so much I will be upgrading for the new one in a few months.

Trying to think of my worst phone as I had loads when I was going through college, first started working. It was an old Sony one, similar to this http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_cmd_j70-280.php but thinner.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
First worst I went to a strip club post, ever.

Oh and mine, was probably my LG Viewty, best camera and flash I've ever had on a phone, other than that it did nothing for me.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Thinking back, probably the motorola razr thing.

Their useability was just poor compared with ease of Samsungs and Nokias at the time. I've had some pretty good phones...

D900!

1274547804-1.jpg

K800i (was inbetween phones actually) What a camera!

1273662019-52.jpg

Nokia 6500, cracking phone, terrible camera..

Nokia-6500_classic.jpg

My Favourite phone probably too date... Light years ahead of anything my mates had, watching TV, the camera, swivel! Just epic!

seW900.jpg

Still miss it to this day!!!!

This was quite poor in comparison...

W850i. It came out after the 900i and was so so poor in comparison!

417372525_o.jpg

Trying to think what else I had, the blackberry bold 9000. Decent phone at the time. Went out of date very quickly.

Apart from my iPhone the only one i'd really love again would be the w900i! We seen a lot together I tell you that!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh wait...

lg-prada.jpg

How that ever made the shelves i'll never know but I bet they sold a s**t load of them!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Some great suggestions, unfortunately mine would have to be this...

SPV C550 :dead:

e79306c2-ab57-4381-abcd-f0a6a6e500df.jpg

Blackberry Curve 8900 would have to be the best I've owned, better than the BB 9800 Torch I currently have :(

Last edited:
  Jap Box
Sony Ericsson w890i was my worst. Went through 4 replacements within a year, phone had a metal case which was easily phrone to bending while being in pockets, the software would usually lock and then freze meaning the screen would turn off and the phone would display the red LED showing it was f**ked and had to be turned off and back on. This would happen about 5 or 6 times a day.

It would also cut out mid conversation so I couldnt hear anything. Took its final blow last new years when I threw it at a taxi and it just twisted up and smashed, still managed to get a replacement from it though saying it was a software fault and got a brand new LG POP (also s**t and sold it a week after having it)

EDIT: Also just remembered about my w995i which would take ages to navigate through the menus along with my current C903 which will pause when sending texts and will also often jam when on the menu.

Best phone was by far the w810i, it survived 2 years of hard clubbing every weekend, being dropped, thrown, having drink spilt over it, being through a foam party and also covered in UV paint, it also got left in the snow oneday and left to freeze overnight till I found it. Only problem I ever had with it was the backlight behind the numbers would flicker occasionally which I can assume would be something to do with the fact it was trashed anyway.

Gave it to my ex and within a month she had managed to smash the screen from one small drop.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
iPhone 4.

Serial?

I'd say it's the best phone i've ever had. I've never had something work so easily.

Simple 2 finger touches and you're into news, sports, footie results, tapatalk, camera, photos.

It's stupendously funny how simple yet genius it is.

The Samsung Tocco or the Samsung U600.
Samsung generally just seem to make sh*t phones.
Samsung really are bad at making phones.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I loved my K800i!

Also went from an N95 to an iPhone 3G. Quite liked the N95 tbh, but lightyears behind the iPhone.

Id probably go with my first ever contract phone... The Nokia N73

nokia-n73.gif

It was a great phone, but I must have got through about 8 as they all had faults with them. Orange ended up upgrading me for free.

2014 Clio 200t edc
HTC desire!! Absolute w£nk!! The package was good, great camera, but not what I expected from htc!

Evo 5 RS
My viewty was what I had before my iPhone, how did we ever survive Cwissy?

I too had a Viewty, wasn't a bad phone tbh - if all you want is something that takes pictures texts and calls..by today's standard though it's a bit naff.

Oh, my worst is also the Blackberry Bold, and the Storm. Slow horrible pos, and the storm isn't even worth mentioning tbh

Mito Sportiva 135
SE z6610i think it was...phone worked fine but it came in metallic baby blue, gayest looking phone EVER. I was too lazy to send it back though so endured it for 18 months. HORRIBLE.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
slvr001.jpg

On the left. Shat.

My iPony 4 has been spot on, so easy to use. Only thing that seem's to be up is that the main button seems to be pretty temperamental and sometimes doesn't work.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Motorolla Razor thing. Utter shite. I genuinely hated that phone.

Who invents a phone where you can't see who's calling unless you open it? And once you've opened it it answers the fcuking call!!! You stupid cnuts.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
SE t300i

It had a detachable camera back in 2002 or something, was shite, took it back for a 3510i the next day

sonyericsson-t300-vs-t68-01.jpg

Ph1 172
Motorolla Razor thing. Utter shite. I genuinely hated that phone.

Who invents a phone where you can't see who's calling unless you open it? And once you've opened it it answers the fcuking call!!! You stupid cnuts.

this, plus storage on the phone was pretty poor too, glad i lost in the back of a cab.

Probaly my old BB 9700, what a boring phone. Just gone back to iPhone and I can honestly say it's the best phone I've ever had even compared to HTC's, the only smartphone that has no lag IMO.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Can't remember the last bad phone I had tbf

We have major, major issues with the 9700's at work (to the point where they have all been swapped for 9780's)