ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Ph 1 172
Can anybody tell me how I can remove old card details and check when my gold runs out.

Also I'm looking at getting a sound bar. Now can I connect this via hdmi or will it have to be optical. If I connect via hdmi will it go in the hdmi out port.

Sign in on Microsoft's xbox website, should be under settings/subscriptions

Mk3 clio 1.5dci
I'm ready whenever. You'll regret being so c**ky.

It it is really poor, preorder games for launch and they don't appear :(

i didn't even get my day one edition console on day one. Ordered in August with game... Then I order one of the bundles yesterday and it's shipped already! Wtf! And the 2 games I pre ordered turned up a day late! Also from game! Really poor

I've now disconnected my Sky box from the One.

It worked great, but the fact the One has to be powered on and the issue with DD over optical (it's messing my audio up going from Sky to One, then to the amp, it's losing surround).

dk

911 GTS Cab
I've now disconnected my Sky box from the One.

It worked great, but the fact the One has to be powered on and the issue with DD over optical (it's messing my audio up going from Sky to One, then to the amp, it's losing surround).
So I did some testing, YouTube videos seem fine, and blurays also, I tried Kung fu panda which isn't dts but just 5.1, well actually it's truhd Dolby, but worked fine. I then tried band of brothers which I believe is dts, I was skipping between scenes and while the sound was fine I was getting some lip sync issues a few times,hopefully it was because I was skipping through, but if not hopefully it will be updated as I don't see a sound delay setting like you have on a sky box if you have the same issue with an amp.

basically, to me the whole software seems to be a little rushed out, hence why the xbox couldn't do anything before having an update as they probably didn't even have a full os when it went into production, all seems a bit rushed, so hopefully the features will come along ASAP, it's not like they haven't got the money to put the resources in.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The Party Chat feature is having a f*cking laugh at the minute. They need to sort that out and make it a little more user friendly.

Anyone received there gift cars from the Forza special edition?

I figured this out last night (though my VIP membership still hasn't given me the benefits).

You need to go to the main menu, and press what was "start" over Forza, and go to addons. From there you can see the Day One car park if you have used the code, and you will need to install it from there. Once I installed it (it doesn't do it by default), it was working fine.

Turbo LY R27
Has annoying noticed the blue ray frame rate is a bit slow? It's faster on 720p. On my PS3, blue rays run better? Is there a setting or just something that needs future updating?

Skoda Fabia vRS
can anyone explain the point of running your Virgin/Sky through the Xbox ? i just dont get it

can anyone explain the point of running your Virgin/Sky through the Xbox ? i just dont get it

For me it's instant switching between the Xbox and TV (no need to change TV source or Amp input).

However with the issues I've faced with audio, I've reverted back to my old setup for now. Xbox is on it's own source/amp input as is Sky.

Skoda Fabia vRS
I figured this out last night (though my VIP membership still hasn't given me the benefits).

You need to go to the main menu, and press what was "start" over Forza, and go to addons. From there you can see the Day One car park if you have used the code, and you will need to install it from there. Once I installed it (it doesn't do it by default), it was working fine.

Can't find this ?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
On the home screen of the Xbox, highlight (position yourself over) Forza, press what was the start button on the controller (now the Menu button) go into addons.

My car pack was already installed.

Revels Mum & Sister
I have a Pioneer AV Amp and the XBOX One does not like being put into the AMP via HDMI at all :( Just get a picture of static. Tried a firmware update on the AV receiver and nothing so the XBOX gets put into the TV and then Optical into the amp however no 5.1 through optical which is a pain but will be fixed :)

Really enjoying the XBOX apart from that. Few teething problems but nothing worth crying about and it will be fixed.

I don't see the point though in having the pass through at present with Sky. Having the XBOX on and the SKY box seems counter productive. Sometimes I just want to watch TV and having to turn on the XBOX to watch Sky just seems a bit pointless at present.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I don't see the point though in having the pass through at present with Sky. Having the XBOX on and the SKY box seems counter productive. Sometimes I just want to watch TV and having to turn on the XBOX to watch Sky just seems a bit pointless at present.

Yeah, I'm switching mine back to separate inputs later.

This week I plan on plugging the PS4 into the One, and comparing the difference in game quality with the quick changing.

However (as pointed out my my brother in law yesterday (PS fanboy)), will the One actually degrade/make the PS4 look worse? It's a fair question. If there are issues with audio/framerate it'll do no favors plugging the PS4 in.

Mito Sportiva 135
It should make no difference CJ - as the One won't be doing any of the processing directly as far as I'm aware. Will be an interesting test though anyway!

LY R26 #288
This might be a silly question, but does anyone know if places like game and such will have xbox ones on the shelf? or is it a case of ordering and waiting weeks.

AK

M240i
Depends on the store. Phone up and see.

Someone I know managed to walk in on Saturday and pick one up.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
This week I plan on plugging the PS4 into the One, and comparing the difference in game quality with the quick changing.

However (as pointed out my my brother in law yesterday (PS fanboy)), will the One actually degrade/make the PS4 look worse? It's a fair question. If there are issues with audio/framerate it'll do no favors plugging the PS4 in.
Plugging a console (PS4, Xbox360, etc.) into the HDMI in is not a great idea as it seems there's a little bit of lag. Not much, but enough to cause frustration as a console gamer where input latency times are somewhat important!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Was anybody, apart from me, daft enough to buy Ryse Son of Rome? Well, I say me... but my other half generously bought it for me.

I played and completed it over the weekend and, to be honest, it's not brilliant gameplay-wise. Once you've mastered the moves and attack patterns then the game is fairly easy and, yes, somewhat repetitive. But I have to confess I actually quite enjoyed the story / narrative and this was enough to keep me playing through to the end. The graphics are also exceptional, definitely the most impressive of the launch titles for me and a good show of what can be achieved (even given that it's a launch title). Sure, there are a few points where the character animation and modelling looks a bit suspect but there are other times where it's a genuine pleasure to just 'thumb' around the landscape taking in the views. I guess it's more a tech demo for CryEngine than anything else (with a thin game layered on top) but it's the game to show mates at the moment I think (well, for graphics 'ho-ing).

Evo 5 RS
Doesn't surprise me. Crytek don't know how to make good games, just good looking engines. Troy Benchmark 1.0

Farcry 1 and Crysis, everything else since has been underwhelming/sell-out fuelled.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't surprise me. Crytek don't know how to make good games, just good looking engines. Troy Benchmark 1.0

Farcry 1 and Crysis, everything else since has been underwhelming/sell-out fuelled.

Case and point imo, Crysis 2 + 3 were hugely crap gameplay-wise!
Very true. They appear to be more tech-driven than pure gaming. I had a look at some of their non-gaming work (such as real-time architectural rendering / visualisation) and it's pretty impressive. And backs up perfectly the points you guys make! i.e. zero gameplay. :)

Nippy white cup
I love putting my sky through the box. I only have one hdmi socket in my tV so I have no need for a splitter now either for that or my surround sound (when it eventually gets updated) Just come in 'xbox on' and i'm sorted...lazy b*****d

My "like" feature is more the otherway around - I have no TV in my room, just 3 monitors - so I've managed to plug in the optical out to my soundcard on my pc, so I can setup the audio through my PC real nice, and mute it if and when I need to as well.

I have both speakers + headphones plugged into soundcard, so switching between is also nice without the need for any cables or unplugging etc!

Gotta say, it's a nice experience so far, would be nice if we have some demos/arcade but I assume that will all come soon.

I don't have an amp or anything as I have no tv, so I guess I really just use it as an amp xD

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I love putting my sky through the box. I only have one hdmi socket in my tV so I have no need for a splitter now either for that or my surround sound (when it eventually gets updated) Just come in 'xbox on' and i'm sorted...lazy b*****d

My TV has 4 HDMI's, but boasting aside, I'm finding it a bit of a pain, TBH. For a start, my Sky switches itself off at night when idle for 4 hours for power saving. So I then have to "Xbox on" and then press the power button the Sky remote to turn Sky on. If I want to leave it on, I then leave the XBox on, so that would have to remain on at all times when I'm watching TV. I'm reverting back to two leads and switching the XBox off when not in use, along with the TV.

Fiesta ST
This might be a silly question, but does anyone know if places like game and such will have xbox ones on the shelf? or is it a case of ordering and waiting weeks.

i walked in to GAME on Saturday and got one, they only had 2 left though. I'm guessing now you will need to order and wait unfortunately

AK

M240i
Yep, couldn't get it to work though, works fine turning it off :S

I've gone for the more "power hungry" standby too, so it's quicker to boot up, so should definitely work!

Admittedly I haven't managed to get it to turn on with voice commands.