ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

These USB Alpine Head Units...

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Particularly interested in:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-cde9882ri-p-6423.html

It lists USB connectivity, does that mean it will read USB flash drives/Pen drives quite happily?
Is there a size limit [GB] that it can read?
There's no front port, so how do you connect it to a USB device, do you need a further cable?

Finally, whats the adaptor and cable I need to wire this up to my 03' 1.6 Clio si vous plait?

Thanks guys,

Pete.

Clio 96' 1.2 Versailles
Well mate from the looks of things it would suggest it has a rear usb connection as it offers you a usb flash drive on the cross promotion, as to the size it offers the 1GB so it will definately take that but im sure you would get away with a 2GB at least due to the age of the unit i.e being relatively new.

You may find the usb connection lead is also the lead the ipod interface lead is connected to, so you may have to remove this first but it also states the AUX port can use the KCE-236Bm with it so maybe search that in google and see what it comes back with.

In terms of connecting the stereo up i think your clio is probs ISO fitment in the wiring so no interface lead is required, you would need an ariel adaptor for it tho and if you want the steering wheel controls to work i think you can get a lead for it and the Autoleads code is either X99-01 or X99-12 if memory serves.

Cool.
I thought the USB lead was like £140 ish for Alpine CD players?

Did a google and can only the ipod link for about £15. Don't think thats the one at all?
Obviously, if it comes with a direct usb port then thats cool, just doesn't show or mention it like it does with the JVC/Kenwood USB head units for example.

The steering stalk adaptors drew a blank search :( I got the wrong one before with my CDE-9845RB head unit too, don't fancy doing it again.

Cheers,

Pete.

Clio 96' 1.2 Versailles
Dude with regards to the steering wheel controls i know what im talking about with my job. One thing i need to know is have you got the seperate radio display like at the top of the dash or not?

If you don't have the seperate display it will be a autoleads PC99-X01.

If you do have the seperate display it will be the PC99-X12.

With both leads you would also need a patch lead for the head unit so one that is specific to apline units - code PC99-ALP. These are normally like £4.99 from ya local Halfords but i found them cheaper with the chance of getting the audio stalk adaptor lead from the same place here, patch lead page:
http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/sh...Renault_categoryJJ/Steering-Controls/Renault/
And here for the audio stalk adaptor:
http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/shop/Renault_pageJJ2ZZcategoryJJ/Steering-Controls/Renault/

All these leads are for the clios from 06/98 onwards i believe.

That's cool bud - cheers. Not questioning your knowledge, was just pointing out I was lost and didn't quite understand what you'd said before ;)

Cool, and yeah, mine's a 1.6 Dynamique, it does have the seperate dash display that shows the radio station and clock with the standard head unit.

So, sorry, I'm not sure if you answered the USB part question or if I missed it, do I need further wiring etc or will it be a rear USB input that I can somehow bring to the front of the facia plate for a front input, that connects USB Flash Memory sticks?

Many thanks,

Pete.