ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thick snow foam

F56 MINI Cooper S
Time to buy some more snow foam, i currently have the standard one from i4detailing, looking for a thicker snow foam this time, what are my options? Looking at the citrus one on i4detailing, is this a good one?

Bus w**ker
Steer clear of ValetPro ph neutral foam, absolute load of toss!
I've only read good things about it when an inch of the stuff is mixed with warm water and the nozzle turned back a bit. The pictures I've seen have shown a really thick foam too.

Other one that gets good reviews is Bilt Hamber Auto Foam. Both about the same price.

You don't need thick snow foam. You need coverage. If it is too thick it will slide off more quickly and not have time to act and break down the grime.

Not being big headed, but the perfect amount;

IMG00039-20090116-1635.gif

IMG00041-20090116-1636.gif

F56 MINI Cooper S
oh right ok, what snow foam are you using in those pics above? Always looking for a nice consistancy

db

db detailing™
I get on really well with the Valet Pro Ph Neutral... lovely 'thick' foam and clings for about 5-8 mins so loads of time for it to work.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I get on really well with the Valet Pro Ph Neutral... lovely 'thick' foam and clings for about 5-8 mins so loads of time for it to work.

Works a treat... My Car was proof of that Today :D

db

db detailing™
The weather was just too good not to! Although me n Andy did have to go in for a siesta at midday... too bloody hot!

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
Did Soph's too for FCS. Must have been an afternoon for Clio cleaning!

So did you figure out how to thicken up the foam?

you need an inch of snowfoam and i use poorboys super slick and suds or if i'm feeling in a good mood duragloss.

Then i top up with warm water not too hot, i can get it looking like shaving foam LOL! :rasp:

Steer clear of ValetPro ph neutral foam, absolute load of toss!

VP ph neutral Snow Foam is one of the best selling Snow Foams in the country.

If performance is poor its more than likely your snow foam gun requires cleaning.

It only takes a tiny piece of dirt/grit to block the lance, also over a period of time limescale and soap can build up on the metal gauze in the end of the lance. Its this metal gauze along with the foaming agents in the snow foam which produces the thick foam.

They can be taken apart to clean but I find it easier to soak the whole unit in some descaler for 10-15 minutes. Rinse well, dry and then spray with some WD40.

VP ph neutral Snow Foam is one of the best selling Snow Foams in the country.

If performance is poor its more than likely your snow foam gun requires cleaning.

It only takes a tiny piece of dirt/grit to block the lance, also over a period of time limescale and soap can build up on the metal gauze in the end of the lance. Its this metal gauze along with the foaming agents in the snow foam which produces the thick foam.

They can be taken apart to clean but I find it easier to soak the whole unit in some descaler for 10-15 minutes. Rinse well, dry and then spray with some WD40.

It's a brand spanking snow gun and I've only used it thrice, and there is no metal gauze, it's not on a pressure washer.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Gaz- "Snowfoaming... Your doing it wrong"... I can feel a motivational poster coming on tbh :cool:

F56 MINI Cooper S
Do you wet the car down first before foaming or just foam straight away onto a dry car? any way work better than the other?